Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 'Error while packaging lot file'
Hi again-

I'm trying to package a lot for upload. When doing so, I get 'an error has occurred while packaging the lot to file'. I've looked this up with no results. I'm not having any other problems with the lot and I now don't have Inteen or any major hacks installed.

I /have/ copied the lot package file from the neighborhood/N001 file. Is this okay to use for uploading? Or does anyone else get these errors?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:17 PM
You packed your lot to file in neighbourhood view? Then you open up the Packaged lot folder under The Sims 2. You don't dive into your N001 folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:19 PM
I tried to package it in neighborhood view, yes. And it gave me that error.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:30 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:30 PM
Did you make sure to package it to file and didn't accidentally click package to the sims 2 site? They are next to each other on the pop up window.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:32 PM
Yeah, lol, I tried that option secondly, as the first was giving me an error.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:35 PM
You've probably also tried packaging some others lots to see if it's just that one that has the issue?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:40 PM
Aha. I did go through the guide, but I just attempted this with a Maxis lot- still gave me the error!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:41 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:50 PM
Hm... That one has graves on it, though, why that one (not sure if it changes anything)

If you've ruled out all CC induced problems, at this point I would place my sims 2 folder somewhere safe, then start the game to let it generate new hoods and try packaging something from there :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:12 PM
Hahaha. You know what? Funny thing is- I'm trying to upload the House of Fallen Trees, which has graves and also tested the Gothier Gardens which had graves. Both were giving me the same error! But other lots are not.

I will test this. Thank you! I'll update this thread in a bit.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 1st Sep 2015 at 3:30 PM.
Oh then wait, before you do all that, just try packaging any of the little houses on Mendoza lane or any other empty, never played lot, to see if errors still occur.

By the way I don't think you should upload that specific house, but I'm ignorant of uploading rules and what's safe or not, Jo will know and many others too. But since that house has been played, and has graves on the lot, I wouldn't package and upload it even without the error :/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:43 PM
MTS does not accept occupied lots (occupied by the dead or otherwise).

If lots have ever had sims resident on it (dead or otherwise), they have to be cleaned before they can be accepted.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:22 PM
Cleaned aka delete the tombstones?

Also, I tried a Mendoza house- packaged just fine. And ahhhh oh no. I spent so much time on it! For my own curiosity- do you know why they don't accept it? Does it cause errors for other users?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 4:24 PM
@ohcay No not just delete the tombstones, you have to open the lot with SimPE and clean all sims references out of it. Even doing so that lot will still have other things attached to it by EA to make it gloomy all the time and those can not be removed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#16 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 9:47 PM
there might be a chance that an incomplete file was created; check the folder for packaged lots.

before packing any lot with characters (sims/tombstones/urns), always make sure that those characters have no connections with other households. also make sure other households have no connections with those characters. by connections I mean memories, family tree, and relationships.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:17 PM
Never package lots with graves and never delete graves/sims! You will corrupt your hood immediately and anyone who downloads the lot will also have corruption. If you want to make a graveyard you need to start with a fresh lot that has never had graves or sims living on it, build it and then package and upload it.

mdsb759 you never package lots with sims or graves in any way shape or form. MTS does not allow such uploads.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:55 PM
You can make an exact copy of the lot (minus the gravestones, duh) package it then, upload it.
That's much easier.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:15 AM
To clarify- just open the lot with SimPe, get rid of the previous sim data and then it's alright to upload? I'm aware that House of Fallen Trees has a low lighting file, but that's included in every game already.. You can also disable it in-game. @Miley, do you mean re-create the lot iself by creating an entirely new lot and rebuilding the whole house? D: Sorry, guys. I have a lot of really basic questions about some replies and I'm new w/creating lots, so this is all great advice. Hopefully this helps someone else too!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohcay
@Miley, do you mean re-create the lot iself by creating an entirely new lot and rebuilding the whole house? D: Sorry, guys. I have a lot of really basic questions about some replies and I'm new w/creating lots, so this is all great advice. Hopefully this helps someone else too!

Yes, I meant take pictures of Gothier Green Lanes, put a new lot the same size of of it in your neighborhood then put everything in it using the pictures you took as reference. I would do that because I'm lazy and don't like opening SimPE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Yes, I meant take pictures of Gothier Green Lanes, put a new lot the same size of of it in your neighborhood then put everything in it using the pictures you took as reference. I would do that because I'm lazy and don't like opening SimPE

Ahahaha. I totally would do this, except I'm not good w/re-creating sim houses and also it took me ~3 days to fully furnish the thing, lol. SimPE is a pain to open, I agree! I'll keep trying things and get back to this.
Alchemist
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Never package lots with graves and never delete graves/sims! You will corrupt your hood immediately and anyone who downloads the lot will also have corruption. If you want to make a graveyard you need to start with a fresh lot that has never had graves or sims living on it, build it and then package and upload it.

mdsb759 you never package lots with sims or graves in any way shape or form. MTS does not allow such uploads.
even if the sims/ghosts have no connections with other households?

I know deleting characters causes corruption.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:09 PM
Perhaps if the person doing the cleaning knew exactly what they were doing. For example if Moo was still alive and came up with a method then yes I would trust that. Secondly it was never discussed if it was possible to clean up ghosts as only sim references of live sims has been discussed as far as I know. So how do we even know that it's the same thing. Ghosts could leave other markers. Thirdly I doubt it would be allowed on here. I would not trust such a lot. The OP is far better starting with a clean lot.

~Call me Jo~