Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:02 AM
Default Is there a limit on the number of collections I can have?
The collections I make keep disappearing and it suddenly occurred to me as I saw it happen right before my eyes--one minute there was a collection for pipework and electrics and the next minute there wasn't--did that happen because I just made a new collection for horticultural items? Is there a hard limit on custom collections? If there is, it must be eight! And if there is, I am thoroughly disappointed and resentful. In Sims 2 I have on the order of thirty collections.

Edit: I thought that my erstwhile collections might be merely invisible, but removing some of the premade collections didn't make them rep-appear, so I guess they are gone. A lot of work for nothing!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 2:24 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 25th Apr 2016 at 3:15 AM.
I wonder why mine keep disappearing then. Especially since the "collections\user" folder shows 58 items!

Edit: does anybody know what the "collection order.package" file does and if I can maybe delete it and see if it's the problem?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I wonder why mine keep disappearing then. Especially since the "collections\user" folder shows 58 items!

Edit: does anybody know what the "collection order.package" file does and if I can maybe delete it and see if it's the problem?

Save a copy of the file to your desktop, then delete the original and see what happens? If it breaks something, put the copy from your desktop back into the folder.