Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
maybe they are drunk? lol

Even MY sim did it, and he was sober as a bird.

Heck, even Beau the vampire did it, and he was speeding through the room vomiting all over the place.

Kind of funny to watch, really, but still weird.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:15 AM
The thing that irks me about LN is that the vampires aren't particularly nocturnal. Plasma 101 (or whatever it's called) shuts at 2am! That's early afternoon for a vamp.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:43 AM
Yes, a little disappointed here too. There's far less stuff than in the TS2 and TS1 versions. I thought the instruments and other new stuff would make up for it, but it doesn't, I still mourn my bowlings and restaurants.

I'm also very disappointed in the lack of new interactions. When the heck will they give us new social interactions that are NOT a different variety of talking? EA has been way more than lazy on this front, 3 EPs in and I see almost no difference with the base game...

I played last night, a premade Sim who's in the music career and wants to play three instruments very well. He married a 5 star celebrity, got to level 6 of his profession, has 3 celeb best friends... and still not even one celebrity point. Can you say bug?

And he wasn't able to form a band. I tried about 15 times and the interaction either jumped, or got confused with the "form a GROUP" one. Only twice did a Sim understand what I was asking and refused...
Forum Resident
#29 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magic cookie
Yes, a little disappointed here too. There's far less stuff than in the TS2 and TS1 versions. I thought the instruments and other new stuff would make up for it, but it doesn't, I still mourn my bowlings and restaurants.

I'm also very disappointed in the lack of new interactions. When the heck will they give us new social interactions that are NOT a different variety of talking? EA has been way more than lazy on this front, 3 EPs in and I see almost no difference with the base game...

I played last night, a premade Sim who's in the music career and wants to play three instruments very well. He married a 5 star celebrity, got to level 6 of his profession, has 3 celeb best friends... and still not even one celebrity point. Can you say bug?

And he wasn't able to form a band. I tried about 15 times and the interaction either jumped, or got confused with the "form a GROUP" one. Only twice did a Sim understand what I was asking and refused...

theres lots of new interactions in the cluba theres new drinks etc and dancing also celebs etc
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:50 PM
My main disappointment is that the game kicks the hell out of my computer. I'm running a machine at the low end of acceptable spec-age (2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia 7600GT graphics). Bridgeport is pretty rough on my system (but it looks gorgeous). When the welcoming party showed up, I decided to have Maxi form a group and take them all out to the nearest dive bar. He formed the group with the first visitor at 1pm, by the time he had invited the other two sims it was already 3:30pm. They didn't get down the elevator and out to the street until about 6pm. Then they sat in their car (I don't know, maybe they were passing a joint around or something) until about 7pm. They didn't actually walk in the front door of the bar until almost 9pm, at which point, Maxi immediately peed himself. Slick. I guess it's time to invest in a better machine.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:25 PM
The clustering at the elevators reminds me of the bathrooms in the Sims 1. Its funny and sad all at the same time. Other than that, LN is everything that I expected and almost everything that I wanted. Diving boards would have been nice. I don't pay much attention the all of the hyper~conjecture and gimmie, gimmie, gimmie the precedes the release of a new EP or SP.
The game is running great with very few hic-ups and no EA related crashes (had some mismatched mods).

So, no, I'm not disappointed.....I'm elated!

Say "mismatched mods" three times really fast. I dare you!
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
I HAVE noticed the weird puking thing. Is there an actual reason for this?

For instance, every time sims walk past the bar entering Eugi's, they puke. EVERYONE. Its just weird.

I've only seen puking a few times, the first when my female sim ran across a couple of vampires in a hallway and got the hunted moodlet. I feel, but don't remember, like the other times were in a bar and so I just associated it with drinking.

It sounds like the lots may be coded to promote... it. But that sounds almost ridiculous to me.
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:40 PM
Does anyone else notice the Sims have darker lips now? It's making the lipstick too bright, even on the lowest opacity. And my very favorite papercat lip lines don't show up at all anymore.

I haven't seen much puking yet, but I've only played for two hours so far.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
There are a few things that I dislike that they've added. One is the black space in the apartment buildings. It's ugly and a waste. You can't do anything with it.

Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage. That and the opportunity where your boss calls and says that your image is everything and that you need to work out for four hours. I think that's gross, especially with the younger girls that might play this game. Yes, I understand that they are an aspiring actress/actor but... it just seems... wrong... for some reason. Plus with all the random barfing in this game... no.

I like to play the Sims because I can make my characters look however they want to (on purpose) and still be as successful as someone who fits the norm in "real life" (gosh that sounds nerdy).

Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

PLUS the glitchy town. Fix that shit, EA.

But the acting career in TS1 (and I am sure there was one in TS2?) required your Sim having 10 body skill points.

I love the EP. The only thing that's annoying me is I am having the empty hotspots problem. But this is surely a bug, and I believe it will be fixed either by modders or by a patch, so I can cope with it for now!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I agree there could be more to it, but in my opinion it's a heck of a lot better than the first two EPs. Maybe it's because I'm a vampire lover.
The only thing I hate about this EP, that probably everyone knows by now, is the constant puking

LOL! You know I couldn't figure out why I was seeing a lot of sims doing that, until I had my sim buy a certain drink and then she did the same thing too. At first I thought that it was the drink that she drank that had made her puke like that, but then later on she saw one of her arch enemies and she started puking again. I don't know what it is now!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:05 PM
I'm only disappointed about the camera's behavior in highrise and the numbers of vampires(or celebrities) in Bridgeport. I love vampires but there's just too much of them, I think EA tried to make me easier to have a vampire in your game but forgot the thrill that searching for a creature is. My sim only passed 15 simminutes out of his home and already ran accross one celebrity and one vampire.. meh. Other than that, I'm loving it soooooo much.

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:38 PM
I was excited for a urban type city. Yay for tall buildings. When I opened Bridgeport and took a look around, I was dishearten by the lack of space for the regular working sims, I couldn't place any of the urban houses I created before I got the game. Also wanted to build some more apartment complexes for my sim to live in, but there is no space. Then came the CTD when I tried to save. I was confused and started the game again, to another CTD. At that point I said forget it.

Now I know that Bridgeport is glitched with the gray lot syndrome, but haven't the heart to go back there, so I am using an empty Sunset Valley to build a cityscape and urban feel. Bridgeport is pretty, but EA used too many large lots, and I wanted to get the proper feel of a tightly urban landscape. I really wanted to line some smaller urban homes for my sims that are just starting out in the town. Big disappointment for me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:51 PM
I'm over all satisfied with late night.... Yes there are a lot of disappointments but... It is the BEST EP SO FAR! World adventures was ok but not enough new stuff to enhance gameplay.... So I won't complain to much it does make the sims fun to play again...
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:55 PM
I'm disappointed because so far the clubs in my game are always empty, even the hotspots. Even though my sim will go to the gym and there will be at least like seven others. Really lame and I hope it's fixed soon.
Theorist
#40 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:01 PM
Imo EA towns are always really poorly made (usually it's just bad building and bugs though, they're for the most part scenic). As far as the actual gameplay goes I'm not disappointed, there is going to be some awesome city neighborhoods constructed.

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:19 PM
After a long day of finally getting it to work, I'm quite disappointed, there's literally no one in the clubs ever, even the hot spots have only three people, the bouncers outside the doors keep disappearing the acting career is just a bit boring like the base game careers, I can never find enough members to have a well rounded band and I've had no gigs. So after all the anticipation and excitement I'm quite disappointed, its mainly the lack of sims in the clubs there's no point in them if there's no one there.
Instructor
#42 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:44 PM
just a note, try to go to the bar that stand beside the criminal career house! When I go there I have at least 8-9 sims hanging around.
every night! I dont know whats with the other clubs, because I dont have the status yet to get in this exclusive lounges!

But see for yourself, it can be different:

click it for a larger pic
Forum Resident
#43 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:50 PM
That is always the busiest bar for me too. But I want celebrities at high end clubs god dammit! *whine*
Instructor
#44 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:56 PM
maybe thats the busiest bar because everyone can get in! Nearly no normal sims are allowed to enter the high end clubs and also the stars going to this bar!
I dont know why, but somehow the flag of the buildings isnt working correctly! A lounge for stars should have only stars visiting it! And a vampire Bar should have vampires visiting it!
But no... Its totally messed up and no one will visit the locations...
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by salmiakk
Well ---
Not disappointed. Quite pleased in many ways, especially with vamps and the new clothing (and of course the sliders!). Agree about the traits, we could do with more. Haven't missed signs, don't want them if I can choose (seriously, do people care irl?!) and still I hate it when i don't pick one.

My biggest problem is the names of the townies. No normal ones, most are called sleazy politician or reality wannabe... Think it's a bug, especially since all names are in english and my game is in norwegian :P
Tried to put the bars and discos and so in SV, but that's nearly impossible. They require lots we don't have, 45x32 and so... Annoying like hell, and I am no great builder. Looks like I'm stuck in bridgeport until someone uploads bars here
Anyway, it' better than the other 2, but that's not saying it's good yet.

Inge jones has a custom lot maker. Google Inge jones.

There is a vampire dance club here at mts. I think it's pre-NL though, just add the bars, games, dance floor, the community lot speaker and instruments. If you play Twinbrooks, someone made a great Cajun seafood catfish restaurant and bar, although it too was pre-NL. Search for Cajun. EA tells you what you need for a working bar in the game. There are also several beach bars that would be good with SV or BB, again pre-NL.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lostinshalott
After a long day of finally getting it to work, I'm quite disappointed, there's literally no one in the clubs ever, even the hot spots have only three people, the bouncers outside the doors keep disappearing the acting career is just a bit boring like the base game careers, I can never find enough members to have a well rounded band and I've had no gigs. So after all the anticipation and excitement I'm quite disappointed, its mainly the lack of sims in the clubs there's no point in them if there's no one there.

If bouncers disappear, have your character click the rope and sneak in. It's a feature. My sim had a wish to sneak in when he couldn't get in.

About the band.

Have 4 members. Everybody must play a different instrument and have at least 1 skill level.
Get band name.
Learn compositions from bookstore.
Register your band with city hall. This will get you a manager.

All that was said by ea at their website last month in the community news talking about forming a band. Have you done all that? There may be more, read up on it.
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
....What's this nonsense about barfing? I haven't seen anyone throwing up at all yet .... o_O
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle
....What's this nonsense about barfing? I haven't seen anyone throwing up at all yet .... o_O

Me neither but others have said it happens and the common occurrence was being around vampires. Some girl, was like, that's not right - that's racism. I put forth, did the vampire(s) have an Evil Trait.

I'm playing Lenny Shutter, a pre made, and one of his neighbor is a vamp, and he has talked to her extensively in the hallway, and he didn't puke. The only puking was when he was practicing his mixology skills and trying his outcomes. To say the least I didn't go try my skills at the bar until I had level 3 mixology. I would have gone higher but he lives in a small apartment and the professional bars that came with NL are too big for his apartment. I didn't see no puking in the bar I worked at but no vampires came in.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
Even MY sim did it, and he was sober as a bird.

Heck, even Beau the vampire did it, and he was speeding through the room vomiting all over the place.

Kind of funny to watch, really, but still weird.

When I was practicing my mixologist skills and when he would try his outcome, he would puke. I had to stop at level 3 because of the home bar I was using. I needed a better bar (one that came with NL) to go higher in skill. Maybe the bars mixologist have low levels and will get better over time. Mine went to 3.3 (had 3 before I started) at the end of the shift. Maybe just wait until they get higher. My neighbor, a vamp, is a mixologist career so it's not a extra money thing for them.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bij0ux
I'm only disappointed about the camera's behavior in highrise and the numbers of vampires(or celebrities) in Bridgeport. I love vampires but there's just too much of them, I think EA tried to make me easier to have a vampire in your game but forgot the thrill that searching for a creature is. My sim only passed 15 simminutes out of his home and already ran accross one celebrity and one vampire.. meh. Other than that, I'm loving it soooooo much.

I heard there was 22 vamps.
Page 2 of 9