Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Memory_Moon
My pose work but it didn't do my pose instead of the default Body

When you export the .SMD back, make sure you check the "Sequence" radio.
Also, after you are done with the pose, make sure you go to Animation > Set Keyframe;

This part isn't covered because it's the same method as TS2 Poses, except we export as SMD instead of Wes Anim plugin.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:10 PM
I'm glad you got the issue solved bonnietung and thank you for posting about it to help others who run into something similar

MM, I've posted a brief list of the steps I use to create a pose using MS in the original post of this thread. It isn't the only way of doing it but it works for me and hopefully people will find it helpful. If you (or anyone else) needs further clarification don't hesitate to ask If necessary I'll get some pictures together and make changes to the mini-tutorial as needed.
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:29 AM
wow, it works!!
now i'm able to play my pose in the game, thanks for telling me importing the wrong file~
i feel so excited for making more poses~
Forum Resident
#54 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:18 AM
OMG YAY. I did it!

Oh that elbow is weird... but OH WELL
Screenshots

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 4:28 AM
@OM: Very very very thank you ^o^ You're awesome, I have finished one pose for test
Scholar
#56 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:44 AM
I've been trying to create an overlay pose, but with no luck (the whole body is animated, not just an arm).

I tried assigning keyframes to only certain joints, but in-game this is not recognized :/
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:29 AM
hey i'm wondering, in milkshape when you rotating the hand it mess up, will it mess up after we export it ?
also how can i export it ? plz help
Alchemist
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:56 AM
Np MM

Jasumi I wish I knew the answer for that...right now though I've been spending time just helping to work out how to get working custom poses in game at all. If you figure anything out about it please share.

Nhut1000 change the rotation settings when you move hand or fingers to stop it from messing up. I've been able to get very precise hand and finger position changes with the settings I posted in the tutorial above. Instructions for exporting your pose are in the tutorial
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#59 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
I've been trying to create an overlay pose, but with no luck (the whole body is animated, not just an arm).

I tried assigning keyframes to only certain joints, but in-game this is not recognized :/

Overlays are handled a little differently. I'm looking into adding a interaction to add overlays.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#60 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:31 PM Last edited by traelia : 7th Apr 2011 at 5:54 PM.
OM & Cmo I'm officially addicted to making poses. Thanks for all the great work!

EDIT: After hours of frustration since my first pose... I haven't had another one work They simply do not show up in game when I type the name, the sim just freezes in the pose she's already in. Should I be exporting the package from SP3E or just save as? I can't pinpoint anything unusual, I've been following all the directions. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
Default My Pose
Just to let you guys know that thanks to your brilliant tutelage, i have created my first pose :-)
Screenshots
Scholar
#62 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Overlays are handled a little differently. I'm looking into adding a interaction to add overlays.

Can't wait to see what you come up with^^ (and I hope orange writes a tutorial for it, too)
----------------------------

With that being said, my Sims now have guns!!! lol

lmao So many awkward story scenarios I can write now, thank you so much :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#63 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:53 PM
Oh my that comic is lovely!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#64 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:26 PM
Fantastic work Jasumi!...I love it

traelia did you try the trick I posted to MM about loading queue with two instances of your command to make the same pose?
Field Researcher
#65 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:38 PM
Just wondering, can we have the female animation base? In the link only have the male version, not so good for poses intended for females.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#66 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:43 PM
Well, mesher made the male base and a child base, but has been mia.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#67 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:47 PM
mattvoiers, I missed yours the first time I looked...great pose and I'm glad this is working well for you

eletrodj mesher made a female rig but when he updated rig to fix issues he didn't post that one unfortunately.
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:18 AM
I rebuild the pose player using the custom launcher... Then when I play, it's still saying no interaction available...
Instructor
#69 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:44 AM Last edited by granthes : 8th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM. Reason: Absurdly tiny typo! But I fixed it anyway!
Quote: Originally posted by angiew826
I rebuild the pose player using the custom launcher... Then when I play, it's still saying no interaction available...

As the author of the custom launcher, I was asked to look into this issue. I have tested the pose player and it works correctly when installed using the custom launcher.

This leads me to believe that your installation of The Sims 3 may not be setup correctly to support custom content properly. Please answer each of the following questions so we can try to figure out what is going on. We're not psychic so we can't tell with out you providing some information to us to work with.

What version of the game do you have and what expansion packs and stuff packs to you have installed? Have you patched your game to the latest version? What version of windows are you using? When the game starts, does it tell you that it detected the pose player and require you to hit the ok button to continue? Have you used "old style" framework, or do you have mods installed before Ambitions came out?

With this information, we may be able to help you get the player working.

--Grant

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Alchemist
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:34 AM
Thanks so much for your help here Grant...a lot of people seem to be having a little bit of trouble with their game set up so it's much appreciated
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:04 AM
What aya think about my new 8 poses, I have created it yesterday for my website
Specially thanks OM to supporting me :p
Alchemist
Original Poster
#72 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:11 AM
Adorable! TY for showing them

eta: you should put link for your site in your sig
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for everyone who make the tutorial & make pose player
This is my first pose :p
Screenshots
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:43 AM
more here :

thanks cmomoney
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bonnietung
i've a problem
i'm done creating my pose and export to SMD file, but when i convert the SMD to CLIP in AnimTool, a message pop up from the right said "Unable to open file: a_pose_x.animation
Error 2".....
how can i solve this?

i had the same problem
Page 3 of 58