Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 4:37 AM
New sound for piano?
Hi Guys,sorry if this wrong forum.okay here my question:
My friend say he can change piano music with simpe,but he don't want teach me?Can you guys teach me how to change piano music? Sorry if my english bad
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 11:04 AM
Your friend is either mistaken or lying - the music on instruments is -extremely- complex - there are multiple tracks not only for the different songs, but also different skill levels for each of those songs, and there's not only piano music but the music for all the other instruments that play together with the same song. Nobody has created or modified the songs for any of the instruments... so if your friend says he can, have him post a tutorial here because he'd be the first to have done it... but I suspect he's just pulling your leg.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 1:28 PM
Err,Don't understand you said about"He's just pulling my leg",but about tutorial he already made it,but he don't account for MTS2.
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 1:42 PM
Sorry, "just pulling your leg" means kidding with you or telling you something that's untrue, usually as a joke.

MTS2 accounts are free - if he's made a tutorial on it have him post it up here. I'm sure everyone would be quite interested since nobody else has ever done it before.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 10:05 AM
He don't want post his tutorial.He say he want keep this "secret" for himself.I'm so sorry about this.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 11:01 AM
I'm haven't looked at the musical instruments so I'm not quite sure how they use the sounds. So I may be totally wrong, but I wounder if you could create a new one, similar to how I did the sounds for my animals. You may have to create a new interaction for it but I do think it might be possible.

To learn how to create custom sound read this thread by Hexameter: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...640#post1847640

I hope this is helpful to you.
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 11:46 AM
It's still a heck of a lot more complicated than creating a single sound - each song has different versions for multiple skill levels, and tracks for each skill level for each instrument so multiple instruments can play along with each other. It may be possible to do it, but methinks this random friend who is hoarding their info and not even posting a finished project is, well, a liar. Well-established and talented modders have looked into this many times in the past and nobody has ever come up with brand new songs for instruments, so something tells me this random unnamed friend didn't just happen to stumble upon the method either. That is a good starting point, rebecah... but something tells me it would require a heck of a lot more complexity... that some random person who made a tutorial and then won't post it simply isn't capable of.

Scholar
#8 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 9:32 PM
Oh I agree HystericalParoxysm on all points of your post.

It is very difficult to even create a custom sound and get it working in game. The whole process, if it could be done, would be very complex. Not one I'd really want to tackle myself.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 12:52 AM Last edited by hexameter : 21st Feb 2008 at 12:58 AM.
HystericalParoxysm: "That is a good starting point, rebecah... but something tells me it would require a heck of a lot more complexity... "

For example you had to arrange a complete composition in several tracks according to different skill levels of your sims that play the given instruments. Each instrument played in different levels that in the end should fit together.
The complexity of this task isn't only the technical aspect but also a musical task in different steps. I think even if there is a talented musician who also is able to mod the game packages, s/he hardly will get/have a band to play the new sound in different ways.
Though it is possible to have a new sound for a single instrument, but it isn't correctly played in a band.
hexameter
Alchemist
#10 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 2:42 AM
Well, maybe someone as talented as Tom Sholz could just do all the parts on a multitrack machine. Still, lots of imspiration AND perspiration required.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
Though it is possible to have a new sound for a single instrument, but it isn't correctly played in a band.
hexameter

This is what I was thinking you could do, just have one single music sound play of the piano. You would have to create a new seperate interaction. That would not work with the other instruments. I really think this would be the easiest to do.

To create sounds for each instrument of the same number of tracks etc, would be far more complex that I think most creator would want to tackle.
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 11:14 AM
Oh man,Making new sound for music instrument is really really hard.I think only expert modder can do this.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#13 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 1:17 PM
What, like your supposed "friend" who wont release anything?

Thread locked as it's answered anyway.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Answered