Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#276 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 2:39 PM
((sorry guys but my power went out...gah the joys of Russia...but I'll try to get an RP up in a bit I'm just trying to figure out where and what to do with Jaden since the 'guy' she was waiting on never materialized :P))

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#277 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:19 PM
Default Ciara and Ed
"That's great! I have a motorbike." Ed looked away for a split second before continuing. "It's just you looked miserable and I can do with leaving--it's a bit stuffy in here and there's a girl over there who's making me crazy. I wondered if you wanted to leave with me and go somewhere else--a quieter area?"

Miserable wasn't quite the right word for it. Angry, frustrated, those were better words. Why on earth is he talking about another girl if he's trying to hit on me? All of these thoughts flitted through Ciara's head - her nose wrinkling in confusion when he got to the inevitable "Let's go someplace quieter" part of the routine.
He seemed less cetrain about his next words.
"It's okay, I'm not coming onto you. I'm not..." He looked far away for a minute, before murmuring, "I'm not exactly into dating." He beamed, wolfishly, and laughed out, "You're safe with me. I'm not going to hurt you. Or I could take you home? It's just always good to have friends, and even better to have friends who like bikes."

Oh. So that was it. Somewhere some god or another was having a grand time at her expense. Indeed, it did appear that the only men who would even look at her this evening were not exactly the kind who considered her or any female to be their type. It could be ruse - training self defense class had meant that she'd lectured on this kind of thing before. But he seemed pretty easy going and if she ws wrong, well - she could look after herself.

"Yeah..." she said. "Ok. Why not? I don't exactly want to hang around and watch a train wreck in progress although..." She stopped and looked down at her rather snug red dress. She whistled slightly through her teeth, "This dress may prove problematic on a bike. Hmmmm - think you could let me ride side saddle for a few blocks, so I can maybe get something resembling pants? Just to Studio 24. It's a gym, I have other clothes there." She flashed a grin at Ed, "And I never said I liked bikes - but I am willing to give them a shot."
#278 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:38 PM
Default Ed and Ciara
Ed let out his breath in a sigh of relief, only just aware he'd been holding his breath nervously. What was with him? He was a tough guy, not a wuss! He wasn't going mushy on Ciara, was he? He was supposed to be her predator, and he'd ended up wanting to be her friend. He guessed that was okay though, she seemed an alright sort even though they hadn't spoken much. He grinned suddenly, at the thought she was going to ride with him.
"That sounds absolutely fine," he said, beginning to lead Ciara out of the club and around the side, where his bike was parked. "I'll take you to the gym, and then we'll go and do something else. We can go and get a coffee or we can go to the other nightclub or go for a drive around the bay or something. I need to ring my housemates but otherwise I've got no other obligations. You? Your Jake will be okay on his own, or with--what was it, "Mr Icy Pale" or something?--, won't he?" Ed smiled at the thought of getting out of there. He fished around his bike for a few moments, his arms vanishing to the shoulders, before pulling back, two helmets--one pink and sparkly--in his hands. "Emily's," he said, handing Ciara the pink helmet. "She likes to ride with me sometimes."
#279 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:41 PM
Default Kess- Malkavian
"Oooh..." Kess said with a snicker. "I seem to have gotten on your dear friend's last nerve," he told Jake. "She seems to recover quite quickly, however," he added, watching Ciara interact with the other guy that had swooped down on her after leaving the bar area.

He nodded. "Better hope he's not too much of a freak, because she's taking off with him. Look at the body language...Ooooh, and there they go. Interesting. Sparkly." He swivelled on the stool, shook Jake's hand, never giving him a chance to speak, and said, "Well, this has been an illuminating conversation, but I really must be going. Pleasure meeting you, Jake. I'd tell you to tell Ciara the same, but I doubt she would be accepting of any message from me. Real shame...I really thought she wanted to be friends."

With a sarcastic wink, he heaved himself off the stool and slunk away to the shadows of the club to Human-Watch some more. All around him he could see varying members of varying clans, but the majority seemed to be humans. That was all right. The vamps were cool, but humans...Well, humans, there was something just funny about them. They were just so damned easy to manipulate.

Kess looked around with a careful eye for someone to...play...with for the rest of the evening. He was starting to get hungry.

(OOC: Goodness, I love writing a jerk...my characters usually end up so nice and kind and sweet...this is a welcome change!)
#280 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:56 PM
((ooc: ok, I dont know what to do with Beyonca so if someone could please help her out she would appreciate it. ans shadowblade i like to write about girls who are premicious becaue they are the complete oppossite of me. I tend to make them do thing I would never do. Isnt it weird. ))
Instructor
#281 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:03 PM
I really really really want to be in this RP....will the apps still be open on friday?
#282 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
I really really really want to be in this RP....will the apps still be open on friday?

umm. im not surew i checked and i dont see an end date. I am sure devoshka or atropa could teel you when they get on.
Instructor
#283 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:07 PM
Ok...because I wont have really good access to the internet again until friday and so forth!
#284 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:12 PM
well you could pm one of them asking or wait until one of them see the thread. It would be good to hjave another character I hope you can join.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#285 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 5:24 PM
(((ooc: msp_teen: Applications will always be open, as long as there are open slots. And there are still quite a few. We'll also keep an eye on what characters haven't been active recently, and if someone stays inactive for 2 or 3 weeks, the take them off of the list, to make room for more active people. So just join in whenever you feel like it.

Also, Valerian is highly approachable. Heck, feel free to be one of his regulars, lovers, friends, whatever, if you feel it might help in case you're running out of ideas, or are looking for a way into the RP. Considering what he's like, he's got quite a few regulars, alot of friends, and about a million acquaintances. *lol* I'm here to help (well, partly. ) )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#286 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:27 PM
Default Jaden
As Jaden started to flirt with the tall dark specimen of deliciousness, she gave him the once over again. When her gaze fell on the drink he was holding, she gave herself a mental kick. Shit! How could you not have seen that! The thing that Jaden had missed the first time she checked him out was the tan line on his left ring finger. Not that she had any qualms with him being a married man, but it usual meant that they wanted something they couldn't get at home...something rough. Jaden liked it to get rough but in her line of work it was too dangerous as her type of play tended to leave marks that showed. Arching a brow and with a look of disdain, Jaden downed her drink and turned back around to the bar. She was desperate for another drink but didn't have the funds to buy another without losing her cabfare home if she needed it. Depositing her glass on the bar, Jaden sauntered onto the dance floor. She began to dance, her hips rolling in time to the music while her short skirt slowly rose. Jaden did nothing about it, but closed her eyes and gave herself over to the music completely.

-------------------------
((just wanted to clarify something...Jaden is NOT an alcoholic...yet. She is just experiencing rejection for the first time in her life and it's really affecting her. I mean my gosh 1 year without adulation...would drive anyone to drink!

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Field Researcher
#287 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 7:39 PM
Default Carmilla & Zillah - The Haven

Carmilla felt she had to make a dicision. She could either keep the insecurity, or se could make up her mind. So when the anger fell into a slumber, she became resolute. If this man was her ticket out, she couldn't afford to let him slip away. Of course, he wasn't the whole solution, but a part of it. And an interesting part. She had never before been able to really look at another man. Both the apperance and the way of mind. And the possible wrath of Seath didn't scare her. He could do many things to her, but she had a hard time believing he would kill her.

She did have options, and now when she could think more clearly, she could see them. "Zillah", she thought. What a peculiar name. And what a peculiar man. She did not understand this attraction. After all, she had been alive a couple of lifetimes, and never before had a man caught her eye like this. She could have taken her chance on anyone during the past time, to help her free. But she had choosen this man.

“Well, if you won’t tell me why you come here, how about you tell me just a little about yourself.” He opened one eye a touch wider to check she’d not yet run off. “Your favourite scent perhaps, or colour?”

"Scent...?" Carmilla echoed, but with a more softly tone of voice.

If he only knew the scents she could pick up. How she could size people up and know more about them than their lifetime companion did. What if she told him about her favourite scent? Would he think her crazy, stupid or just too weird to be around? Or would he be intrigued? She had taken too many chances this night, to take one more.

"Natural scents", she replied, although it was such a boring answer.

"Blood" might not had been boring. But it was not very ladylike. Thaumaturgy like. Tremere like. And vicious vampire like. But only another vampire would understand.
#288 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:19 PM
The streets were chilled with the moons glare reigning down from the sky, the sun had set hours ago on Los Angeles. This was the time of the beasts, the creatures of the night, to merge into the world of all that is human.

Destiny walked down the shadowed side walk, hand in pockets and head held high. L.A. had been his home for a long time, he knew each and every alley way, short cut and detour there was to know. The laughs of humans echoed from the windows above his heads as he walked by, their happiness disgusting his senses as his walk turned brisker.

Another corner he turned around, steps bouncing off the pavement as his hands dug into his pockets. Dest stopped suddenly, peering to his left before taking haste and entering the bar.

The Haven was dimly lit as he swung the door open, he took a stool by the bar and ordered a chilled drink. The dark atmosphere was much more suited to him then the laughter of the humans, here he was much more at home.
#289 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:40 PM
Default Beyonca at Club Biebuk
Bee sat on the stool looking around. She didnt see anyone she knew, but I guess it was to be exspected seeing as she had never been here but a couple of times. She saw a few human eyes turn here way a couple of them smiled and looked back at their friends. Ugh, she thought. Human men were such cowards. Having to have their friends back them up before talking to a women. She liked the manly men. Vampire and human a like. She decided to get up and dance. She didnt dance as sedutively as at the Haven but danced
Sexily enought. She thought she better stay on good behavior here. She needed to let here mind wounder some where beyond her troubles. So she let loose and danced. It wasnt her usual type of music to dance to, so she had to make the beat flow into at first, but she got the rythm and let it all go. Let her troubles out of her. She started to think of the kiss. She was in the mood for one but she knew she wouldnt got through with it. Bee would simply settle for a man to occopany her home home tonight. Wether it be human or vampire.
#290 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 9:38 PM
Default Mina - 1st, Zillah 2nd
Mina

Esther nodded, bowing slightly at the waist. "Thank you. I hope your night is fruitful. I had better make haste." She smiled at Mina as she stood up from the slight bow and then moved further into the alley, hopping the chainlink fence sequestering their side and started making her way towards the building where the Prince's penthouse office was.

Mina
turned and headed back out of the alleyway and slid gracefully into the black car. It had been a fruitful meeting. She had laid a foundation of civility with the new Nosferatu Primogen despite their clan’s differences. But now her head wandered onto other things. There were no more politics for tonight, the rest could be pure enjoyment. And she knew just the place…

As Mina stepped through the doors into the Internet Café basement her heels clinked onto the solid wooden floor. From one side of the room the dim lights of multiple glowing screens cast shadows which illuminated her face with the deep violent taint of her hair. A grand design of organic shapes greeted her vision, objects curling into each other like embracing lovers, each red leather chair intersecting lovingly with the dulled chrome desks that sprouted from the floor, giant blooms, displaying the prized computer equipment. In a dark twist of the room voluptuous deep crimson sofas, which consumed their occupiers, lay interspersed with low wooden tables, scatted with ashtrays and mats and the occasional stem of a single white rose.

A dull hum hung in the air, the buzz from machines gently whirling, frantic faint taps on keyboards, a clink of coffee cups, an occasional exclamation or hushed chatter. It was described by the tall wraith-like manager as his church, whenever you could draw him away from the flicker of the screen. He truly believed that god was the connection, the expanse of possibilities which opened up with every keystroke like silent prayers. As you sat before these chrome alters, your sins were wiped, you could be anyone you wished, travel wherever you pleased. All it required was your imagination. But then Andy’d never been quite right since she’d forced blood down his sparrow neck after he’d dared to challenge just one decision too many.

Thankfully tonight it was not too busy. Groups lounged at tables chatting over coffee and cake. The usual teenagers huddled around a vast chrome machine planning their next attack for another online tournament, whispers of strategy passed between their lips broken by the occasional exclamation or excited shout. A couple of suited men, discussed shares and profits each one franticly typing, refreshing screen after screen as pages rolled down before them, their coffee cups long forgotten laying full and cold.

Though the shadows of the café engulfed Mina like a storm cloud still she could not pass unnoticed. A sharp pair of eyes, lurking in the shadows, spotted her immediately and instantly leapt out of their seat, scurrying over sleek and quick as a fox. A sharp bow and the caramel haired youth was at her side leaning into her ear.

“Not tonight.” Mina snapped, with a glare that would have shrivelled a lesser ghoul’s heart.

“But Mistress, …” He began, attempting an explanation. His dark tainted eyes expanding with distress.

Mina shook her head, dismissal evident; “Do not call me that.” Although Bo was one of her most prized ghouls. Watchful and nimble both on his feet and with a knife he made a dependable guard and a sneaky thief. She understood now why the Eastern Tremere had been so eager to exchange for a vivacious red haired English rose. They were far less trouble.

Still Bo did not leave her, instead darting behind to slip into her shadow. Not bothering to turn her head a cold smile glided across Mina lips as she appeased the boy with a pointless task. “Just go reserve me a seat at the Haven. I will require one later.”

Silently Mina glided through the room and sat at the table opposite a young man inclined in a seat with a laptop on his lap. Her eyes trailed over his features, taking in the gloriously dark hair, full pout, before finally settling upon the patch that covered one eye, like a rouge pirate. Her eyes narrowing with curiosity a boy with a story and she had hours to kill.

She waved her fingers through the air summoning a waitress. “Strong and black, two sugars.” Although the consumption of human foods was long lost to her she enjoyed the dark earthy aroma, could almost taste the bitter sweet flavour of a steaming cup of coffee, somehow it helped to drown out the pulsating metal scents that swarmed from the human’s around her.

“Trying to solve the mystery’s of the world?” Mina enquired noticing the puzzled look upon the pirate’s face. “Or have they just disconnected the line again? Some fool actually broke through five walls of security last night, still it gives them something to do” She inclined her head towards where Andy sat in clothes that looked like he’d slept in them for several nights, franticly typing and scowling into a screen, oblivious to the world.

((OCC Long post, sorry, I got bored at work….

Trampled
hope its OK I’ve nicknamed the gorgeous Alric “the pirate”

My description of the Café is crap, I’m just setting the scene a little for a couple of the areas as seen through Mina’s eyes. Anyone wishes to come by just add characters, furnishings or anything else :D))

Zillah

"Scent...?" Carmilla echoed, but with a more softly tone of voice.

Zillah nodded slowly, silently confirming his question, closing his eyes once again. Waiting patiently for her answer as the lights danced upon his eyelids, forming crimson tinted patterns.

"Natural scents", she replied.

“Natural like…the scent of freshly cut grass, the dew on a leaf, freshly ploughed earth?” He questioned before a cheeky smile played upon the corners of his lips. He knew he was pushing it, that again he might face an angry stare or worse a cold rejection. So fragile she seemed like a butterfly’s wing, beautiful and delicate as though she would fly away into the night at the slightest sudden movement. But still he could not help himself, the words slid of his tongue like melted butter to be whispered to the room. “Or natural like sweat and tears.”

Zillah pushed himself off the wall, closing the distance between them with tiger-like ease. Eyebrows arching with playful determination. “Just one dance, right here. Then I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts. Cross my heart.” He drew one slender finger across his chest forming the ancient sign of pact.
Test Subject
#291 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 10:27 PM
((Cherry- Sankyuu! Means a lot coming from you, considering how gorgeous your sims are... <3 I'll edit this post in a minute with Vevvie's RP, I swear.
Vel - That's absolutely fine! I was worried no one would show up there, so I'm gald. :] ))

The crisp snapping of two fingers brushing skin against skin made his chin lift upward, seeking out the hand that linked to the body of the person who had created the commanding sound. Before him sat a most mysteriously captivating woman, directing the waitress to fetch her a black coffee.

“Strong and black, two sugars.”

Her voice was smooth, like a curtain devoid of a single wrinkle. She spoke in a tone that did not wait for questions, did not allow contemplation. The waitress, as if seized upon by some invisible puppeteer, quickly spun on her heels and dashed away from them to retrieve the coffee. In the split-second in which the elegant woman's gaze was directed at the retreating form of the waitress, Alric surveyed her. Her fine iridescent raven hair was coiffed flawlessly and a few rogue wisps drifted gently about her face. Sitting upon her ivory visage was a set of plump plumb-rose lips, a dainty nose, and two piercing eyes. Eyes that seemed capable of boring into his very soul and reading through its contents like some easily accessible old manuscript. Her poise, unnatural grace, beauty, sophistication-- she looked like a living, breathing portrait. It made his breath slow, his heart creeping to a near halt behind his chest.

“Trying to solve the mystery’s of the world? Or have they just disconnected the line again? Some fool actually broke through five walls of security last night, still it gives them something to do."

Alric did not try to disguise the fact that he was staring at her. He peered at her with his one good eye, a crystalline orb fixed with interest upon her fair features. For a moment, he did not speak. His hands reached out and brought the large mug to his lips and he drew a long, indulgent sip from his coffee. While he did so his eyes remained hovering on her from over the outter rim of the mug, never once wavering. Alric finished his sip, kept the cup before his mouth to obscure a faint smile, before he spoke in a low amused tone.

"Hardly," he set the mug down with a satisfied sigh, nodding to her as the corners of his mouth twitched upward. "Just planning a funeral."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#292 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 10:42 PM
Default The Prince - "The V" penthouse office
As all the members of the council rose from their seats, having been dismissed by a simple nod, Damian didn't even watch them leave. He was already busy flipping through some papers on his desk, and couldn't be bothered. However, he did notice the determination in Mina's steps as she headed for the elevators, clearly not interested in having Cade tag along. The last thing the Prince saw before the office doors closed behind the last leaving council member, was Mina stepping into the elevator and pushing the down button before Cade even got a chance to join her. And he couldn't help but to smirk. Though there was little mirth in his eyes. He hadn't expected the two to get along, not even for one second, but he'd hoped they'd at least try. Keeping the clans together was so much easier when he didn't have to play daddy to the Primogen.
But still, Mina putting him in his place would only do Cade some good. He needed to be taught a lesson, that one. If he thought the Prince didn't see flare of defiance and rebellion in his eyes, he'd better think again. The Prince saw it, because he knew it was there. He'd yet to encounter a Brujah completely willing to take orders.
But he still trusted one of them, if not both of them, would get the job done. It was a simple matter, and although the two of them were likely to somehow try and influence Esther with their personal views, it was something that didn't pose a threat. The Nosferatu were far too cunning and clever to have someone feed them their opinions to them. They watched, they listened, they analyzed, and they made their own sense of things. And usually, it didn't drift too far from the Prince's sense of things.
Yes, when it came to the Prince's trust, the Nosferatu were the ones who enjoyed the largest portion of it. What they lacked in looks, they made up for in intelligence and loyalty. And considering their appearance... that was alot.

He wasn't sure how much time had passed since the council meeting had ended, but it couldn't have been more than hour, two at the most, when his secretary - another Ventrue - announced over the intercom that he had yet another visitor. A Nosferatu.
Esther? Already?
Damian smiled to himself and leaned back in his chair. That was fast.

"Send her in", he ordered.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#293 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:36 AM
Default Milo Burne Nye, Malkavian - Streets and The Haven

Milo's first night as an undead was both a scream into a deserted alley, and a whisper among shrieking monkeys at the zoo. Little over an hour into his Malkavian shock, he was still adjusting. As Malkavians adjust, anyway.
They existed, it was as simple as that. They did not have the grace of the Toreador, the sharp intellect of the Ventrue or the wolf within the Gangrels. Neither did they have the blood secrets of the Tremere, the Brujahn brawl or the wisdom of the Nosferatu. Maybe the Malkavians were a blend of all the other clans, and therefor mad. Maybe it was just that old legend, that Caine himself cursed them. Maybe they were just a freak of nature, god's joke on the world.

Oh well. Nothing of this were on Milo's mind. Nothing really was. His mind didn't filter much, it was more absorbing everything and nothing, making a mess of it all. It was incoherent at it's best.

Milo found himself outside a nightclub. The walk from the morgue to this place was a blur. He remembered neon lights, pebbles, half a trolley, something wet and smelly, a lot of screaming noices and someone or several talking to him. Somewhere along the way, the young man and the young woman had vanished. All that was left in his company was the little girl.
She started to straightening his clothes, brushing off dirt from them, as if she was the concerned parent leaving her boy at school. Milo started to laugh almost desperatly, taking little or no notice of her as it seemed. Suddenly she too was gone. He looked down on his hands, he was still holding her wand.

There was no apparent clue as to what he should do. A door in a brickwall with a sign hanging over it; "The Haven", looked like a piece of a puzzle. Maybe not his puzzle, but it reminded Milo of work, of the doors that lead to the dead bodies inside the wall. One thing he seemed to have forgotten though, was what to do with doors. He knew there was something behind them, but he stood still right outside the door and tried to figure it out. As he did, it opened and Milo smiled, as if he was shown the way...
The doorman didn't look pleased, as Milo didn't really fit the discription of the usual suspects of the club. He tried to talk to him, but Milo looked almost amazed. He then grinned, and held upp his hand and said "Wait" to the doorman. He pointed to his head, rather holding back a laugh.

"It just has to stop screaming."

Inside Milo's head, the mortal part of him was trapped. He was more of a human becoming a Malkavian, than a Malkavian forgetting about his human descend. This was an inconsistency, like two animals tearing him appart. Milo was imprisoned in the middle. Sometimes laughing about it, sometimes caught like a deer in the headlights. Although, despite the emotion, he could not always behave accordingly.

Mortal Milo had more than two cents to tell the doorman, or really anyone who would listen, but immortal Milo had but one thing on his mind. "Sandwich."

He got shoved and poked, when he entered through a large group of people immediatly inside the club. As Milo passed additional people he could hear them laughing, as if his mere prescence made them. But when he looked over his shoulder, they didn't even seem to have noticed him.

All the humans, and what not, were like obstacles to Milo. He zigzaged between them, smelling the place out. He was heading futher in, as if on a mission. The music didn't affect him, the beautiful people that crossed his path remained unseen. He didn't stop until he reached a great wall that had a large aquarium built into it. This was like Milo's end of the rainbow. The light's inside created a soft blue shimmer, that charmed Milo closer to the glass. He placed his hand on it, leaning in and looking at the fascinating creatures inside. "Fishes...", Milo said, almost drooling. He had to bat his eyelids repetedly, as images were flashing by of the corpses at the morgue suddenly appearing in the water among the fishes. Quite alive, yet pale and dead looking. Milo shook his head, smiled, and turned around. He didn't know how long he had been standing there, in awe.

Again he had a direction, heading towards the bar. He came to a halt beside the handsome nightclub owner. Although his beauty had yet to be discovered by Milo, as his eyes were on the wand in his hands. And he didn't raise his head as he spoke:

"Fishes..."

((( ooc: Additional info - The young man, the young woman and the little girl are NPCs from Milo's bio. )))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#294 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 2:10 AM
Default Valerian & Milo
From over by the bar, Valerian was watching Vevila and the pianist. Such an lovely image, the two of them talking, Vevila's pale supernatural allure only inches away from the other girl's warm beauty, her skin flushed pink by her mortality.
He smiled vaguely to himself. He really should talk to her. Not only because Mihael had warned him to keep an eye on her, but because he wanted to lavish her with compliments. Despite having been distracted from her performance by Ada's little "accident", the music had still reached him, burrowing itself into his memory to be played again in his head once his attention wasn't required some place else. He could now hear the brittle notes repeat themselves in the back of his mind, and he found himself completely fascinated by the melody. He had to talk to her, ask her to play here again. And if she agreed, this time nothing would keep him from enjoying her performance. Any troublemakers could just bugger off.
And if she did not agree (perish the thought), he would just have to try and find another way to keep talking to her. He really did need to find out if Mihael's suspicions were correct or not. But he absolutely, positively refused to harm her. He didn't want to, nor did he think he'd even be able to. He'd never killed a human being in his entire life. Or unlife. He'd always been careful not to drain his victims of too much blood, and he'd never jeopardized their health by leaving them somewhere they might risk getting assaulted or otherwise hurt.
All of this was yet another reason why his humanity seemed so intact. Sometimes, those who knew him could even have sworn he was more human than the humans themselves. He wasn't selfish, he wasn't greedy (unless, perhaps, it came to affection), he rarely got angry or rude.
And the frown currently darting across his face as he thought back on what Mihael had said to him, was a look rarely seen on his fair features.
'I have my doubts that I will ever take you up on that offer'. It had sounded almost like an insult, as if Valerian hadn't been deemed worthy. Or maybe he was just being self-conscious. It didn't happen very often, but the nearly ancient Tremere did have that effect on him.
Either way, it was Mihael's decision, and it had only been a simple offer. One made out of the feeling of attraction, but still... Valerian would never, ever force himself on anyone.

With a quiet sigh to himself he pushed those thoughts aside, and his gaze settled on Vevila and the pianist once more. Right. The pianist. He wanted to talk to her.
However, just as he decided to once again "intrude" on Vevila's conversation, he noted a dark shadow appearing to his right.

"Fishes...", came a hushed voice, as if the person was talking to himself.

Quirking a delicate eyebrow, Valerian turned his head, only to discover a young dark-haired man standing next to him. Holding a wand.
Well. There was something you didn't see every day.
Although, Valerian didn't need more than one guess to figure out this one was a Malkavian. The signs were so distinct.

"Indeed", he replied, not really expecting the other vampire to pay attention to what he said, as long as he said something to humour him.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#295 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 3:02 AM
Default Milo & Valerian - The Haven

Dazed, Milo stood still. He was adressing Valerian, but had no way of knowing why. He had never met him before, or even been to The Haven. Well, he hadn't walked around without air in his lungs either... Things changed. "Swallow a rope and die", Milo thought while his head started screaming again.

"Indeed", he heard a warm vocie next to him.

Milo came close to a shiver, as the voice sank into him, echoing throughout his skin. A slight hint of a smile passed over his lips. As he raised his head and took a peek at Valerian, he was astouned. He didn't know what to make of it. To him, Valerian looked like a canvas at the museum. Or like one of the rare bodies in the morgue, the ones that had some grace even in death.

"Paint", he said.

He uttered it like a question, like a sincere comment. Or even a compliment.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#296 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 3:41 AM
Default Valerian & Milo
Waiting for the Malkavian to react (this could take a while), Valerian took the opportunity to give him a closer look. He seemed young. Very young. No more than a newborn baby, still trying to make sense of things. Unfortunately, being a Malkavian, he'd soon learn that "sense" was now something out of his reach; nothing but a memory. If even that. Valerian had yet to hold a conversation with a Malkavian coherent enough to actually make a point, or share details about his or her past without intertwining three different topics at the same time. If you were lucky.

It was rare, however, that recently Embraced Malkavians started out as bumbling buffoons such as this one. Usually, the madness snuck up on them, slowly eating away at their sanity as they grew older. Why, this one must've been a straight loon even before being turned, for his madness to run this deep already.
He'd now lifted his head to gaze upon Valerian, and for a moment or two, he seemed almost baffled. Not an unusual reaction, but this time it was different. Almost as if the young man was staring at something that wasn't Valerian.

"Paint".

The one word made Valerian's brows furrow slightly, and his eyes darted over to the mirror behind the bar. Did he have paint on his face still, despite having carefully cleaned himself up after the paint session that had dragged him out of bed this afternoon?
Then, it occured to him. It was that eerie Malkavian way of seeming to know everything yet realize nothing. Or was it the other way around? Well, it wasn't as if it mattered. It wasn't even as if he could ask. But either way, what the young man was trying to express - or so Valerian thought - was that he'd been able to connect the scattered dots in his mind enough to realize Valerian was a painter. Or, at least, somehow connected to paint.

"Uhh... yeah", he said slowly.

Now wasn't this turning out to be quite the verbose conversation?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#297 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:36 AM
Default Mina with Alric
Mina settled into her seat but still her back was held straight with graceful poise, hands folding lightly across her lap as she felt the man’s heart subdue to a slow beat. The effect was intoxicating as her ears pricked for the faint lulling rhythm. For one second a misty glaze fell over her emerald orbs like a lunar eclipse before she blinked rapidly snapping instantly out of the light trance.

His single eye, blatantly stared at her with an unwavering gaze. One that could unsettle mortal women and bring a bush to their cheeks. She allowed the hint of a smile to cross her lips but her own eyes flickered around the room briefly. Everything appeared too be running smoothly, the waiting staff busy but not rushed. But strangely there was a lack of other vampires lurking, seeking solace or an easy meal from the group of dolls who lounged themselves over the sofa’s, laughing and smoking together over a game of cards. One spotted her and a hand was raised in acknowledgement but not even a flicker of recognition passed over Mina’s face. Still the lack of vampires, was rather a blessing, she wanted to keep this one as her own, this raven haired pirate, for as long as his mortal struggle intrigued her Satisfied everything was in order her eyes returned to rest coolly on the Pirate’s own as he gazed at her from over the rim of the coffee cup.

"Hardly," he set the mug down with a satisfied sigh, nodding to her as the corners of his mouth twitched upward. "Just planning a funeral."

“A funeral?” Mina repeated The man’s amused tone indicating that whatever the cause he needed no condolence. So her response was one of interest as the Tremere spark ignited behind her eyes. Her elbow settled itself upon the table chin resting in her hand so the Pirate filled her vision “Really, who died? And why do you receive the honour of deciding their journey through?”
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#298 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:51 AM
(((ooc: I can't help but to notice that there are a few characters that have yet to make their entrance.
Tiger (Jacki), Victor (GJPrentice), Viorica (Pandaness) and Lydia (GeeWayRocks)? Do you guys need any help? An opening? Someone to include your character? Let me or dev know, we're here to help.
Also, Vahn (Garnet) has yet to show up, but giving Garnet's most recent post, I see the reason, and so I won't badger you. *lol*

Oh, and, Herald - Welcome! Your Gangrel is a most wlecome addition. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#299 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:23 PM
Default Carmilla & Zillah - The Haven

“Natural like…the scent of freshly cut grass, the dew on a leaf, freshly ploughed earth?” He questioned before a cheeky smile played upon the corners of his lips.

Carmilla looked back. Although she had several ways to react, she simply said:

"It seems like your question will go unanswered."

She wasn't annoyed with him. She simply was uncertain and not used to the company of another man. Not on her own. But when Zillah came closer, Carmilla took a small step back, like she was afraid. And a part of her was. She layed her hand on her chest, and met his eyes, awaiting his next move.

“Just one dance, right here. Then I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts. Cross my heart.” He drew one slender finger across his chest forming the ancient sign of pact.

"A dance...?" Carmilla said, almost with a british accent.

Then she looked at were he had crossed his chest. And she looked at him again, with a sincere expression on her face, and like a childs honest ways she asked:

"Do you have a heart?"

She was more used to men that didn't.
Field Researcher
#300 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 2:12 PM
Default Esther/Ciara
Esther had made good time to the Penthouse. The ease with which she managed to circumvent the one or two mortal security officers of the building almost suprized her, but there wa no doubt that the inner security would either be ghouls or fellow vampires. After all - if a more noticable vampire, such as Esther, needed to see the Prince they needed to be able to get past.

His secretary had masked her "suprize" at Esther's presence well and Esther was ushered into the Prince's office nigh immediatly.

Her eyes drank in the room as she walked in, noting as many details as possible. It was lavishly appointed, but not gaudy - an office befitting a Ventrue. Esther bowed, greeting him only with his title, "Prince." But she held the bow, waiting for a signal from him. True, it was old fashioned and normally considered unnessesary these nights, but Esther had only met Damien briefly once before when she entered the city a few months ago - hardly worth mentioning. She was not going to risk being considered rude - it was best to get off on a good footing. Besides - his reaction would tell her much about him.

Ciara took one look at the sparkly pink helmet and smiled. Yeah, she could handle herself with him. Ed just geniunely seemed to want to 'hang out' with someone. Suddenly tonight was looking up.

"Oh, Jake'll be fine. And if not, I'll hear all about it tomorrow. Feel free to call your housemates from the gym, you can use the office phone. You do know how to get to Studio 24, right?"

Grinning, she hopped onto the back of the bike, indeed sitting side-saddle. "So... how the hell do I stay on while you drive?" she asked, the smile spreading to her eyes.

Page 12 of 45