Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Incredibly dark screen
Every save I open, every new game I start, every town I'm in, the screen is really dark. It brightens when I plug it in (I'm playing on a laptop--I haven't found any way to alter it on the desktop) but still not to what I would think would be normal.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:44 AM
If I understood this correctly - you're playing on the disconnected laptop (powered only by battery) - so it's not surprised the machine is going to "energy save" mode disabling non vital elements - like HDD running, strong screen backlight ("a dark screen" is an outcome) and so on. In such circumstances expect everything low or worse

Plug it in. And keep it that way.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:53 AM
No, when I said that I haven't found any way to alter it on the desktop computer, I meant that the screen is just as dark there. The only difference is when it's on the laptop and I plug it in. The desktop version remains dark.