Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:06 AM
Default Banking system
I really want a mod to help my sims store money. Some of them have large sums, like 3 millions. Some of them have secret money that I have to keep in their inventory by buying expensive objects that comprise that sum. And it's a pain to transfer huge sums of money, because mods I've got for that allow only up to 30.000 for transfer. Imagine transfering a million that way to another sim.

I've thought about Monique's computer, but it adds interest to a sim's account each day. And judging by one function it has (withdraw all funds for elders one day before death), in case of death all money disappear from the game, and the family of the deceased will never be able to have it. My sims tend to die unexpectedly sometimes, so this isn't acceptable. I won't even remember the amount of money the sim had, and losing it without remembering (and so without being able to use money cheats to add it back to the family) will disrupt my game...

There's also an old object\mod that looks like a safe and allows to store money. Sorry I can't remember where I got it or how it's called. But it only allows small sums, so how many safes do I need on the lot to store a million?

Does anyone know of other mods to store money? And preferably to transfer very large sums at once (like Monique's computer) to other sims, but even storing alone will do.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:31 AM
Christianlov's wallet controller also deals with money, but I haven't tried to deposit a sims own money into it only money from other sims as payment, but I assume it does.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 8:38 AM
I checked out the wallet controller. In order to store 3 millions I'd need to click "store 30.000" 100 times. It doesn't display the sum that is stored, either, it shows each deposit one by one in pop-ups, so it would give me a hundred of "30.000" pop-ups, haha... I'm sure I'd be unable to count how much money there is overall like that if I needed to.

If only Monique's computer didn't add interest (my hood is hard to live in, just a few rich sims there!) and only if it would pass an account to spouse or child after death instead of having it terminate with all money...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:33 AM
I don't think any custom made banking system was designed for that amount of money. What I would do is simply use the family funds cheat to give the money when the time comes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 12:40 PM
The issue with familyfunds is that I need to remember money for each sim and\or household. Or write it down. And I often forget to

The way I used the familyfunds cheat if I wanted sims to be very poor was type familyfunds XXX 1. That gave them just 1 simoleon. I didn't know you could substract money. Can you add money the same way?

For some reason familyfunds doesn't work under some circumstances, though. Like if there are two sims on the lot with a different second name. Even marrying them and giving the second sim the same second name doesn't help. But thanks for info, it's nice to know I can substract a specific sum of money so easily when the cheat works. I need that in my game a lot and used a hacked object to do that.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:42 PM
The banking system where you can deposit money is PCsims Bank EP . There is no manual with files but you can see it here .
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:47 AM
You can actually have households name XXX 1. For example, I have 9 Granville-Carver households, Granville-Carver 1, Granville-Carver 2 and so on. When using familyfunds, you have to use inverted commas to make it work: type familyfunds "Granville-Carver 1" -250

What's about Simwardrobe's checkbook?
I used it to transmit money when an lonely elder was about to die. He wasn't as rich as your sims are though.
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:06 PM
Those symbols are " so I press only once to get them. Be aware that my game is in french and I have an AZERTY keyboard.