Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#76 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:42 PM
And they could easily make that separate hat & hair accessory category thing happen too! Somebody has already long time ago made a sort of a hat slider, which helps to adjust any hat accessory nicely on top of any hair. So there are no excuses for EA on this one either!
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Please don't let my wild 20 year old decide to dye her once blonde hair pink and end up with a pink haired baby when she gets knocked up...

Temporary fix: save your sim's hair color to the bin when you "dye" it. Then if your baby gets pink hair, assume she inherited her mother's hair and replace it with the real color.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#78 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Temporary fix: save your sim's hair color to the bin when you "dye" it. Then if your baby gets pink hair, assume she inherited her mother's hair and replace it with the real color.

I suppose that could work. I'll have to try that though, to be honest, I rarely change hair color because of that.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#79 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM
I suppose that could work. I'll have to try that though, to be honest, I rarely change hair color because of that.

Alternatively you could temporarily change her hair back to normal during the pregnancy, but that's equally a pain in the ass.

Watch the grandkids, too. If she still has pink hair then, they can inherit it from her.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#80 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Alternatively you could temporarily change her hair back to normal during the pregnancy, but that's equally a pain in the ass.

Watch the grandkids, too. If she still has pink hair then, they can inherit it from her.

Erm, so if she dies with pink hair that is forever the color her future generations could possibly inherit? How is it possible I learned even more stuff to hate about this glitch?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#81 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
And they could easily make that separate hat & hair accessory category thing happen too! Somebody has already long time ago made a sort of a hat slider, which helps to adjust any hat accessory nicely on top of any hair. So there are no excuses for EA on this one either!

They really should do that, but I don't think it's happening in this game. Maybe TS4. I think what bugs me the most about the hat-hair tab is that every one is displayed three times because every one has a 2 recolours. This is why we have CAST, no need to fill that tab with useless re-colours.
Scholar
#82 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:22 AM
Erm, so if she dies with pink hair that is forever the color her future generations could possibly inherit? How is it possible I learned even more stuff to hate about this glitch?

Only grandchildren, the "genetics" doesn't reach any further back than grandparent. And it's a much lower percentage chance than with parents. So at worst, one of her grandkids might wind up pinkhaired, but with the way EA genetics works, once you fix that kid you'll have cut off the "pink-haired gene" and stop it from being passed on any further.

And if you use MasterController, you should be able to use Edit in CAS to change her hair color post-death if it becomes a problem.

Mad Poster
#83 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:07 PM
Apologies for the necrobump, but here's a potential solution to the shiny clothes problem:

http://i-like-teh-sims.tumblr.com/p...during-my-quest
Mad Poster
#84 Old 9th May 2013 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Apologies for the necrobump, but here's a potential solution to the shiny clothes problem:

http://i-like-teh-sims.tumblr.com/p...during-my-quest

Thank you for pointing out this link
I tried a few of the BG clothing that I knew had shine and it did work perfectly. So many outfits are kind of unusable due to the rubbery texture.
Scholar
#85 Old 9th May 2013 at 11:32 AM
velocitygrass's remove deco mod can also get rid of shine on clothes, not to mention other things as well.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307
Page 4 of 4