Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
How would embryos escape after the ship crashed?

It would have made more sense if EA had gone with a planned colony scenario, where these Sims brought animal embryos with them intending to breed them once they landed. And certainly as a player, you can come up with whatever scenario you like for this world. But the scenario EA came up with is not a planned colony, but a ship that crashed, leaving the Sims stranded on this world unprepared and forced to develop a new society from what they had on the ship and could find in the world they found themselves in. And if you have Pets, they had live animals on board who escaped after the crash and now live in the wild.

I never said that what EA came up with was good, in fact I would not buy this world on a bet. I just meant that livestock could be in space and not take up cargo hold space. That is all. If they offered this world for $5.00 I would think long and hard before buying it. Fool me once shame on you EA, fool me twice, shame on me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 9:46 PM
I'm think they should have offered this world as a WA travel destination so sims could go on proper mining expeditions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I'm think they should have offered this world as a WA travel destination so sims could go on proper mining expeditions.

Or come up with a new EP feature where our Sims can go outer space and discover aliens and other new things. Then, we could have the option to turn off taxis, wildlife, etc. for those who want to play a space world. That would compliment Lunar Lakes rather well.
Alchemist
#79 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
the Horse.

You and ten thousand Dothraki screamers.
Instructor
#80 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:45 PM
This looks hugely disappointing to me :/ Then again, I'm not all that surprised. It could have been a very cool idea, but the execution was terrible.. IMO.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Mad Poster
#81 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:48 PM
Cool Idea, horrible execution unfortunately is to be expected from EA by now.
Inventor
#82 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:48 PM
I would love it if it wasn't $24. I mean, I would pay that much if it came with at least 3/4 of the number of objects we'd get in an EP, but I doubt that it comes with hundreds of objects. MAYBE 50, right? And that sucks because an EP consists of (usually) a world, 150-250 objects, new rabbitholes, new sims, new clothing, new hair PLUS gameplay AND a creature. Since they aren't including new gameplay (other than a single premium object) or creature, I can see them lowering the price from $40. However, $24 for a new world and not even the same amount of objects, hair, or clothing? It's way too expensive. I could understand $15, though.

I really like the idea of the tree, though. That's really fun and it's better than the last few premium objects that do nothing other than helping out a sim's motives, giving them money, or giving them youth. However, I'm a bit weary that it would cause conflicts with the other premium objects.

I don't even have any of the other downloadable worlds, though.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Forum Resident
#83 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 10:49 PM
This could have been part of a really interesting EP, rather than a stand-alone Theme World that people are going to pick apart because the Theme doesn't match the existing game framework.

I also think people are going a little far in the picking on the 'realism' of the Theme, like the animals and the roads. The same thing would happen if any of us had made a Space world, since these things are just part of the game. It's NOT an EP, and so doesn't have the game-altering code additions that an EP would have. It's JUST a Theme World.

As such, I find it fun, and I appreciate the new objects - even if some of them are going to be inappropriate for most of my non SciFi gameplay.
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:10 PM
The point is they could have given us a world that did fit into the framework of the game! What about if they had aliens crash land on earth? They could have given us some new CAS sliders, skin mottling or something like that, as well as the world and a few items. I still think they could have easily turned off things for this world. Look at the vacation worlds. Some of them do not have cars but have scooters instead and they all have unique spawners. If EA created this game so that themes don't work, then they should be careful of the themes the select.

We are not going to far in our person opinions of why we don't like this idea. This is the way some of us play the game. You may not mind, and that is great! No one is telling you not to buy the game. But I am not going to let EA off on this one. Sorry.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:16 PM
Ahhh, screw it. I'm just going to make my own little alien world. I already have the trees and whatnot. I just won't put in any spawners. My aliens can take samples when visiting other worlds.

Happy Birthday to me, ye old bag...
Field Researcher
#86 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:03 AM
EA fail. There is an opportunity to create spin-off games here and they are clearly not taking advantage of it. Or, I should say, they are not taking advantage of it CORRECTLY; how can they not realize how many people would open their wallets if they created standalone themed sandbox games? Each spin-off could then get its own expansion packs (and stuff packs), and players would happily be able to finally have the type of worlds/scenarios that they've been trying to create with the help of mods and custom content since Sims 2.

Players have shown a clear and strong interest to play a medieval version of Sims since the beginning, but EA was incapable to understand the potential and instead created Sims Medieval. And after investigating whether players would be interested in a space theme, they have created an add-on world that is clearly incredibly limited and can't provide any real space-themed gameplay.

Personally, I would love to see a post-apocalyptic version of The Sims, where there would be very limited (if any) use of modern technology, a post-apocalyptic set of careers, very few (if any) motor vehicles, and post-apocalypic gameplay scenarios. I'd definitely hit... I mean PLAY that. Heck, I'd probably happily play most (if not all) spin-offs, were they created - which essentially translates into me giving EA even more money than I already am. Certainly I can't be the only person out there who thinks "true" spin-off sandbox games for The Sims are a good idea.

WHY DOES EA KEEP SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT??!!
Eminence Grise
#87 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:05 AM
I think that EA could have, had they wanted to, gotten around the taxis and pets issues. Heck, we have mods that can deal with some of that stuff; and they have access to parts of the game code that modders don't. Just release a patch with a new game option to turn off wild animal spawns and taxis, for instance.

I am not convinced either
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:32 AM
I have read more alien requests at various fan sites than any other creature. That tells you something, EA. Hint, hint!
Mad Poster
#89 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:36 AM
I think the excuse for not having aliens is actually a concrete one, compared to other things they've said: The aliens came, and left. The planet isn't meant to be inhabited by aliens, e.g. Most every planet in the galaxy. The world needs a crap-top of other things in it, opposed to aliens.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:41 AM
Well, EA continues to miss the yacht for unknown reasons.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:47 AM
That I agree with. Improper planning and focus.

Mad Poster
#92 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:23 AM
Just an opinion, EA might be saving the alien race for another EP development. I know they read all the disappointment on the official site that there was no aliens, at least that is what the SimGurus reported about the developers reading the posts.

Sure aliens are green skinned sims, but EA could add traits that will make human sims react to them differently and the alien sims can have hidden traits too. EA does miss the boat when it comes to this series. Bummer.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#93 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:17 AM
In the chat, once she starts answering questions, someone asks about aliens and she says something like "No, there are no aliens in this world, but that doesn't mean they're totally off the map - we all really like the idea of aliens here at EA". Soooo I'm thinking that sounds like a possible creature in an upcoming EP? At least I hope so.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
One Minute Ninja'd
#94 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think the excuse for not having aliens is actually a concrete one, compared to other things they've said: The aliens came, and left. The planet isn't meant to be inhabited by aliens, e.g. Most every planet in the galaxy. The world needs a crap-top of other things in it, opposed to aliens.

That's true. I mean, why would an alien planet have aliens, when they can have wild horses and racoons instead.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:06 PM
Well, the World was build for the base game, not Pets, but it makes perfect sense for EA to at least try to build around the EPS, like the nightclub in Hidden Springs can easily be turned in a Late Night Club. I guess the dome with the dog bone can be a dog park. And the use the word "alien" in place of the word foreign. I don't want to have a vocabulary lesson right now, but EA is right in using the word to describe the world in perfect context. Simmers just took the word literally, and expected aliens.

Retired
retired moderator
#96 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:27 PM
A few things worth noting: They've made a custom moon for it, according to SimGuruSarah. They've also included unique ini files dictating a non-default climate.

Both will be positives in terms of researching world-building. So although it's not worth the price, I'm glad it exists.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#97 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 8:31 PM
I did remember Sarah's saying that even the outside lighting is a different color.
Retired
retired moderator
#98 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:08 PM
A FB user has posted an image of the new moon, it looks very well done!

source

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:10 PM
EA will always do things wrong, even the easiest of tasks. Since this is a new world, it would be nice if it came with new tombs to explore (ruins left by aliens.) That hexagonal maze looks like a good place to put a massive dungeon containing many floors, and the old mines would make for good dungeons as well.

You know, it is sad that EA would make a world like this, but NEVER create an in-game storyboard editor. Yeah, it stinks REAL bad that they NEVER made an in-game storyboard editor. They probably NEVER will either, nor will any modders. I guess they don't want The Sims 2 to be obsolete.

I don't know what is up with the woman that speaks during the tour of Lunar Lakes, but she does not seem to be very enthusiastic about the place. I have heard that the employees at EA are not so well treated. Now you know why so much of what is made for The Sims 3 is bland.
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LordHoramun
I don't know what is up with the woman that speaks during the tour of Lunar Lakes, but she does not seem to be very enthusiastic about the place. I have heard that the employees at EA are not so well treated. Now you know why so much of what is made for The Sims 3 is bland.

I actually liked her. She seemed sincere rather than jumping out of their seat and saying 'awesome' every 5 minutes like the EA folks who made the last video..can't even recall what it was about, just their annoying fake enthusiasm.
Page 4 of 10