Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:28 PM
Default looking for a program
I had a program at one point, that I was pretty sure I got from here or was pointed to it from here but now can't find it or remember what it was.

Basically my problem is that I want to delete the roller coaster cart from my game. I did it from the launcher but the cart is still there. The program i remember let me see all the .package files in the library I think. I figure if I can figure out which package file is the roller coaster cart I can delete it that way and get it out of my game.
Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:35 PM
To view your store content try Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3>Downloads
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 3:54 PM
Yeah. But it's not there. It's so odd, I deleted it using the launcher. Also deleted the Boardwalk just in case there was a copy of the cart in there. Yet the cart still shows up in my vehicles tab in edit town. I thought that maybe one of those packages in the library might be a copy of it. But it's not a huge deal really....just every now and then I will get the message about a cart needing a track or something..from NRAAS overwatch, it's annoying but not gamebreaking or anything. Wish that they would come up with a fix for that.

Thanks though.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:22 PM
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...sims3packs.html

This helped me clean out my Sims3Pack custom content. No programs necessary.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trickai
Yeah. But it's not there. It's so odd, I deleted it using the launcher. Also deleted the Boardwalk just in case there was a copy of the cart in there. Yet the cart still shows up in my vehicles tab in edit town. I thought that maybe one of those packages in the library might be a copy of it. But it's not a huge deal really....just every now and then I will get the message about a cart needing a track or something..from NRAAS overwatch, it's annoying but not gamebreaking or anything. Wish that they would come up with a fix for that.

Thanks though.

Hi Trickai... did you delete or uninstall via the Launcher. If you only deleted it from downloads in your launcher it is still installed in your game. All the delete does is remove it from the download folder the launcher reads from.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi Trickai... did you delete or uninstall via the Launcher. If you only deleted it from downloads in your launcher it is still installed in your game. All the delete does is remove it from the download folder the launcher reads from.

yeah I wasn't clear on what I did and so actually described it incorrectly....I opened the launcher, went to installed content, went through the list and found all the track pieces, the cart, and the boardwalk venue, clicking on them all and then clicking uninstall at the bottom. Waited to verify they were all uninstalled. closed launcher, opened it again, double checked the installed content for the above mentioned items...they were all gone. went through downloads and none of the items were there either.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 5:50 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 11th Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Ninja'd.
I posted then I saw that you had used the Installed Content like it said in the tutorials. Would have edited sooner but had to get ready to leave.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 6:52 PM
okay...fixed it....I went back to NRAAS page and checked there, because I had posted problems there before and all...and lo and behold, they have a fix for it. It basically stops the sims from trying to buy the cart and tractor as vehicles.....

*rolls eyes at self* I'm an idiot really, I should have gone there first, but just didn't think of it. The fix, if anyone else is having problems with lag or using overwatch and seeing the messages that were bugging me...look under storyprogression and the money module has the fix in it.

thanks all for the help and for putting up with a noob like me.....and thanks for that link Amandie, that is a really helpful link and I have now added that to my bookmarks.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trickai
okay...fixed it....I went back to NRAAS page and checked there, because I had posted problems there before and all...and lo and behold, they have a fix for it. It basically stops the sims from trying to buy the cart and tractor as vehicles.....

*rolls eyes at self* I'm an idiot really, I should have gone there first, but just didn't think of it. The fix, if anyone else is having problems with lag or using overwatch and seeing the messages that were bugging me...look under storyprogression and the money module has the fix in it.

thanks all for the help and for putting up with a noob like me.....and thanks for that link Amandie, that is a really helpful link and I have now added that to my bookmarks.

Glad you got it fixed!! And sorry, I forgot about Overwatch. That and Error Trap (does save game clean up and error reporting) are invaluable.