Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 9:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default More Wierd Graphics
I seem to be having the same type of wierd graphics problem described in a closed thread by Pacin found here >
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=128502

She said "My house and trees all got stretched out really funny. I have noticed before this , that my screen was disected into two or three slices."
& "It was working fine until I installed GLS the other day."

My computer uses ATI's Radeon 9250 AGP (0x5960). I had no problems until I installed GLS. After making a new lot I saved & returned to the neighborhood. I noticed a few wierd lines on the lot. Then I made another new lot, saved & returned to the neighborhood. I saw even more wierd lines. I too thought something might be going wrong with my graphics card. The problem only shows on the neighborhood screen. The lot itself is fine.

I reinstalled the game and redid the same 2 lots with the same results, but the last lot I built before installing GLS is fine and uses a lot of the same objects as the 2 new ones (All three are built in a snowy neighborhood.)

I have a second computer. It uses ATI's Radeon X300 SE (0x5B60), so I installed the game on it and installed my neighborhood. The last lot I built before GLS is still fine. I rebuilt the 2 new lots and again had the wierd graphics. I then built a new lot with just my terrain paint in it - saved - everything was fine on the neighbohood screen. I built another new lot with just some bushes and hedges. It seems to have something to do with just certain cloned objects. So far on my computer it seems to be the cloned boxy lady shrub (mine) and Aussie Topenders Lucas Giant Oleander & Even Bigger Oleander. It also only seems to occur when I tried to place a long hedge along both the front & back or sides of the lot and didn't happen if I only put them along one side of the lot. And the lines disappeared on the lot with hedge along 2 edges if I removed the hedges from one side of the lot. It also doesn't seem to do it if the "Snowy Neighborhood" file is removed before building the lot. After the lot is buillt the "Snowy Neighborhood" can be put back in and it's okay. (See pictures.)

The previous thread said the problem had been resolved but I didn't see anything that said how it was resolved.

Thanks,
Melly_Sim
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 9:30 PM
have you tried updating your graphics drivers? or rolling back to older ones? one of the causes of this seems to be related to drivers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 12:53 AM
No I haven't, but since posting this thread I did uninstall GLS on my 2nd computer and tried the same thing. It is doing the same in Family Fun Stuff as it was in GLS the only difference is I had never tried to place the snowly bushes on 2 sides of the lot before. And so far it seems to be limited to just 3 or 4 of the bushes - all snowy ones and only if the snowy neighborhood files are used when building the lot. If I take out the snowy neighborhood, restart, and then build the lot, it doesn't seem to do it and it doesn't do it with the Maxis shrubs or hedges. So I still don't know what to think. It may be just something with the objects I'm trying to use or the "Snowy Neighborhood" itself.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 2:42 AM
Could you please post the link to the snowy neighborhood?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:58 PM
Default Links to Snowy Neighborhood
Here are the links to the ones I have used. The first one is the one I'm using now. I thought I might try the second one again and try putting the snowy hedges and bushes on both sides of the lot to see if it does the same thing.

Metroid Menace's Real Winter Wonderland
Snow Textures & Snow Lighting
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106552

**Updated 09/11/06**My version of a Snowy Neighborhood by scarletqueenkat
SQK_SnowReplacingGrass.zip
SQK_SnowReplacingDirt.zip
SQK_Lighting.zip

Thanks,
Melly_Sim
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 6:19 PM
I read through all the posts in both download threads to see if I could find any sort of complaints of graphical issues and didn't find anything. So I'd definately try discordkitty's suggestion of testing different drivers. And if that doesn't fix the glitch, see if the other snow terrain works without graphical errors. Here's more info on graphic card drivers: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=146389 . Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 3:31 AM
Default Still having same problem
I've read everything I could find here on MTS2. I've updated my drivers and still get the same results. I've now tried all the other snowy neighborhoods and all with the same results, but only when I try to add the 3 (so far) specific objects to 2 sides of a lot with the snowy neighborhoods installed. That the only time it does it. Otherwise everything works perfect. So I guess I'm more inclined to believe (at this point, anyway) that it has something to do with the specific objects themselves or with how they're reacting with the snowy neighborhoods??? I guess I'm going to have to find something else to use to finish my snowy TS1 for TS2 lots for the time being.

Thanks for all your help.

Melly_Sim
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 3:45 AM
You're welcome. Good luck finding other snow covered plants that don't create graphical issues.

Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Moon22T : 5th Oct 2006 at 2:09 AM.
Hey i don't know if this is the same problem but when i'm in cas or during game play my house has flashing red colors going all around my walls i even tried to put wallpaper on to see if that would stop it but nope it didn't. I thought it was the custom content but it wasn't, i've been reading all through the threads to see if anybody has the same problem. I havn't found one yet so i figured i could post it here since it seems that it's kinda similar. I just uninstalled and reinstalled GLS 3 times and still no changes and i checked my drives just as you guys were sayin here, but still nothing i've been searching on all kinds of sites to see if anybody else was experiencin the same problem

Have any idea what it might be?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:20 AM
Try this FAQ:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...ewpost&t=191799

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 7:19 PM
Hi there,
I had this exact same issue only it was all fencing... too much fencing in some cases to be exact. I couldn't go into the Goth house because the lot would look exactly like your hood view. I didn't have the same problem as you with the hood view, my issue occured while playing in the individual lots only. It was corrected with a higher mb graphics card. I went from a 64mb to a 128mb.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 6:25 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your input! When you say you went from 64 to 128mb does that mean memory? Here's a pic showing the info on mine. It says 256 mb, is that the figure I'm looking for? I also have 2 G's RAM.

I've only notice this problem with 2 objects and only on the neighborhood view. The lot themselves are fine.

Thanks,

Melly_Sim
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:25 PM
You have a great card with more than enough ram on it. I was talking about the mb of ram on the graphics card itself. I'd say you shouldn't be having any issues whatsoever even if you haven't updated your drivers. If you are after you update the drivers then perhaps it is a GLS issue? hmm... I am beginning to hate GLS the more I read all the problems people are saying they are having after having installed it. I can't say it's GLS that is causing your issue but it is suspect IMO, just because NONE of my problems started until I installed GLS as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:54 PM
Thanks for your reply. If you look at post #3 I reinstalled the game on my 2nd computer up to Family Fun Stuff and found I still had the same issue with those 2 objects. So I guess I can't put the blame on GLS. I guess I just won't try to build a long hedge on 2 sides with these items.

Thanks,

Melly_Sim