Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#14251 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:09 PM
Today I learned that you should *never* assume you've set ACR to override jealousy, because otherwise your married Sim will become your divorced Sim.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#14252 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 8:42 AM
Apparently, this can happen .. I think (this is not my pic)

Mad Poster
#14253 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 10:55 AM
Pretty sure that's someone's mod. Now to avoid double posting, I had this incident happen yesterday. The Summer family's only toilet was clogged. Troy was sitting close by reading about food and waiting for their servant to come home from her job to clean and fix it. His wife, October, kept walking up to toilet, looking and him and pointing to it to try to get him to fix it. I never saw that before.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14254 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:11 AM
The wording may be a mod, I don't know, I would be surprised if EA had the word "bitch" in vanilla game. But the thing itself is the negative end of the secret networking bonuses. You can get a discount on furniture if you have a good first interaction, but a bad one can give you a raised price. You can also get higher rent, job demotion, increased friend requirement for promotions, and a penalty to reputation.

List of secret networking benefits on the wiki.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#14255 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:17 AM
The sim's name is "BITCH." The game is not insulting the sim or the player -- it's just using the name that the player assigned, same as it always does. I don't see the humor, myself, but whatever floats your boat...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Alchemist
#14256 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:22 PM
I could've guessed the sim's name was bitch, but that overall scenario is new to me
Mad Poster
#14257 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:21 PM
That Rainelle Neengia, the dead adult Sim at the House of Fallen Trees, was romantically involved with Kiernan Tricou! Whaaat?!

I always thought she had nothing to do with the Tricous, that she moved in after they all died. At least that's what the Wikia says. :/
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#14258 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:21 PM
Not a mod, it's normal gameplay, the positive social network bonuses have their counterparts. They can also ask your boss to demote you next time you go to work (well, your sim :p), for instance.

That one (in the picture) seems to be just temporary though. I've had messages that it didn't apply anymore and that prices were back to normal, and yet my sims had not improved their bad behaviour (pranking, arguing, rejecting interactions... according to their personality). Whereas I've never lost the "cheaper buy mode" bonus, but maybe that can happen too if you make enemies?
Top Secret Researcher
#14259 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:02 PM
That teens can ask even visiting adults permission to go out. Olive invited Nervous over and Ophelia had the option to ask him permission to go out even though he doesn't live with them.
That you can have 2 leaders of the pack at the same time.
That the robot making craft station helps science (unless I changed it with a mod).
That a Sim can have a want with a picture of a Sim, that's passed away, and have it say "make a zombie"...the Sim that did that...is Olive Specter. I don't think that's safe to do with the Sims she wants to be zombies, nor do I have a clue which Sims they are as she didn't specify names and I do not know them by faces.
That you can cheat to get a genie lamp.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#14260 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:14 PM
But there's a reason why Ophelia can ask Nervous...
Top Secret Researcher
#14261 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
But there's a reason why Ophelia can ask Nervous...

I know they are cousins, they have the family tag, I just didn't realize it was a family thing. I wasn't sure if it was a family thing or an all adults thing, though family thing does make sense lol.

Edit: I just thought it was a household only thing before.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#14262 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
That you can have 2 leaders of the pack at the same time.
That the robot making craft station helps science (unless I changed it with a mod).

Before nostrayrespawn mod I had a situation where 2 LoTP was fighting and then came in third LoTP. But even with this mod I had 2 leaders in one my latest neghborhoods. Robot making station actually gives tinkering , you changed it with mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#14263 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Before nostrayrespawn mod I had a situation where 2 LoTP was fighting and then came in third LoTP. But even with this mod I had 2 leaders in one my latest neghborhoods. Robot making station actually gives tinkering , you changed it with mod.

I thought I might have. I know I have some mod that changes what hobby enthusiasm a few things give and had thought the Robot station gave tinkering. Robots are scientific though so it's all good to me

I don't think I have nostrayrespawn...

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#14264 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 12:18 AM
I discovered that a pregnancy belly pop, counts as meeting a new sim. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Top Secret Researcher
#14265 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
I discovered that a pregnancy belly pop, counts as meeting a new sim. ~VP

Lol, and giving birth as well as naming the baby too! I had a sim satisfy that want twice in a row when the baby was born, and after I clicked OK on the naming pop up.
(And then she rolled it again but the baby was out of new ways of being met )
So technically, that means the mother can "meet" her baby four times, I guess?
Mad Poster
#14266 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:21 AM
That makes me wonder if changing a Sims name means it counts like meeting the Sim again.

Lab Assistant
#14267 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:54 AM
My Sim asked a streaker on a date while he was streaking. He kept his blur till they went to a community lot. I expected to see him dressed when they arrived there, but no -- he arrived naked, without the blur. (I have no mods that would cause this.) So I discovered what a naked male Sim looks like without the blur -- first time I've seen that!

He stayed that way during the entire date and no one noticed. The best part was that Mrs. Crumplebottom showed up as they were leaving the lot. SHE sure noticed and gave him a piece of her mind. So funny.

Oh, also the streaker doesn't seem to be a student since he isn't in the college directory and there is no option to ask him to pledge to Greek House? So that's another possible discovery -- streakers aren't necessarily students?
Mad Poster
#14268 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:59 AM
Streakers, annoyingly, are adults. I have a streaker in LFT that I'd like to have join the frat (so much fun at toga parties!) but all my attempts to age him down to a YA, or to a teen and send him to University, have failed.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#14269 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 8:55 AM
I don't know, I don't trust streakers to be fully functioning sims, I wouldn't make them playable. Can anyone report that they moved one in and they had no other issue than the outfit peculiarity (and the ability to visit other people's homes uninvited)?
Theorist
#14270 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:37 AM
I guess a sim meeting another sim with Multiple Personality Disorder could fulfill 'meet someone new' many times. (;

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#14271 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I don't know, I don't trust streakers to be fully functioning sims, I wouldn't make them playable. Can anyone report that they moved one in and they had no other issue than the outfit peculiarity (and the ability to visit other people's homes uninvited)?

They are on the list of NPCs that are safe to play/marry. They will continue streaking though. I know people have done it, I seem to recall a story from Peni's game of a streaker who decided to streak at his daughters wedding, but I could be getting the name mixed up.

Mad Poster
#14272 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:08 PM
Wasn't me - I haven't had a playable streaker yet. But that would fit in real well at a Drama Acres wedding!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#14273 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:15 PM
I have a playable streaker. She's in a steady relationship besides being Romance and mother of two. She's often naked while at home but she never visits uninvited and I've never see her streaking on community lots. Are they supposed to?
Top Secret Researcher
#14274 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:30 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:46 PM. Reason: grammar
Not supposed to, it's just that service NPC often keep displaying some of their old behaviour after they become playable. And not just them, BV tourists and locals can still be seen in the BV vacation subhoods, teachers and mascots can still be seen when playing young adults in uni. I've also moved in a DJ, and a bartender, and they would visit other sims' homes and enter without needing to be greeted.
Monica Bratford married a BV masseur, and I don't recall him ever appearing on someone else's lot and entering uninvited.
The bartender and the DJ did it constantly, in the beginning, but now they don't anymore.
My latest ex-service NPC to become playable was a cow mascot, and he both invited himself in when I played another family later, and showed up on the last uni lot I played. But it was late and he didn't stay long enough for me to see if he still has the behaviour (flirting, pranking..)
What's funny is that he's always wearing his cow outfit when he's a visitor, even on community lots, even though I gave him normal clothes since :D
Mad Poster
#14275 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 6:28 PM
My cheerleader wears Llama head when is visiting lots by her own.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 571 of 619