Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 23
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#526 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 7:22 PM
This is a life saver!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#527 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 7:22 PM
This is a life saver!
Test Subject
#528 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 7:16 PM
Does anyone know what program would I have to use to open this file?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#529 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 9:32 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#530 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CookiesAreTasty
Does anyone know what program would I have to use to open this file?
WinZIP or WinRAR will allow you to extract the files and then you run the program from the .exe file.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#531 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 5:08 PM
This has been a life saver in helping me get my game back up and running! Thank you so much for creating it! ;o)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#532 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 6:30 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#533 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:59 PM
It seems like it would work but it keeps on saying that it as stopped working
Test Subject
#534 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 1:47 AM
How the heck do you install it? That would be very helpful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#535 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 2:23 AM
how do u make it work..I have to open every file separately...? I don't know which file is corrupted so how do I kno which one to open
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#536 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:24 PM
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#537 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 6:06 PM
Omg this is the best! My game went from loading in over an hour to loading in 9 minutes! My game has never been this fast! Thank you a thousand times!
Turns out I have a couple of corrupted files and about a dozen of sims2package files. I was considering formatting my pc and reinstalling the game. I'm glad I did a little research first!
Thanks again ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#538 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 11:31 AM
thank uuuuuu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#539 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#540 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 11th Jan 2017 at 7:23 PM.
Hi, Delphy!
Thank you for this wonderfull tool. I really appreciate, that it is able to read untouched Sims3Store packs too.
I'm using Custard for cleaning StoreSims3Packs from lot and headers of sets, eventually extracting with it individual Sims3Packs from sets, otherwise unavailable for individual download,

Sfortunatelly I was not able to clean with Custard
SurfingSet and I wasn't able to remove nothing from TinyProdigiesEarlyLearningCenterSET (I've attempted to get from it refrigeratorVenue_DOT08 unavailable for individual Download).
Those modified Sims3Packs are showing in Launcher as brown box with no option for install.
Where I've got that broken Sims3Pack, I've tested updated 1137490 version too, usually I'm using version 1180750 from 10th page of comments.

But I've obtained many individual Sims3Packs missing for individual download in Sims3Store and cleaned many sets from their headers and lots (I prefer to not install lots with Launcher).

1) Can you explain me, please, this phrase from @crinrict blog (part of Cleaning of Sims3Packs): "Now save (don’t use save as that does not work properly)". I've still used only "Save as". Will I run some problems?
(However I'm not able to reopen modified Sims3Packs, edited with no-one from both versions, "Saved" or "Saved as").
2) As I'm still using old 10th page version of Custard (this newer still don't reads english names of packages), will that broke newer Sims3Packs?
3) Why modified SurfingSet and TinyProdigiesEarlyLearningCenterSET aren't readable by Launcher?
4) Is there some possibility to change description of item shown in Downloads tab in launcher? (Extracted only one item is now shown in launcher with name of the set).

Sorry for disturbing you and thank you for tools, MTS and SimFileShare too. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#541 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bttrflies25
how do u make it work..I have to open every file separately...? I don't know which file is corrupted so how do I kno which one to open

Did you ever figure out how to open multiple packs at once?
Test Subject
#542 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 8:20 PM
I like this mod, I just wish you could uncheck MULTIPLE objects at once instead of having to do it individually.
Test Subject
#543 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:33 PM
Default I used this program, and it removed everything from my downloads folder
So, I used this program, opened up a Sims 3 Pack, and when I go back to my downloads folder to check on everything, all my downloads have been removed. Nowhere else on my computer. So I have to ask, what happened, and how do I get all my downloads back? Please, help.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#544 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:03 AM
Does anyone know if this tool can be used to fix sims who have a sub-type of "Hair"? Or a lot with a sub-type of Ferrari? If not this tool, then is there such a tool?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#545 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM
This tool is an absolute lifesaver! It's a must have in my Sims toolbox! I use it to scan .SimPack files that may have been packaged with additional content. After I was infected with "The hooker boot" download- Turns out "The hooker boots" were attached to a Sim I downloaded! I never would have been able to find it and delete it without this amazing tool! Thank you!!! <3 You're a Simsaver!!!
Test Subject
#546 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:42 PM
Can anyone PLEASE tell me where and how exatcly does the app/tool tell you which files are corruptes? All is see is a list of files and can't find where it says whether or not they're corrupted. It would be super useful if there were intructions about that!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#547 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:23 AM
Thanks. This tool helped me identify and remove bad CC that messed up my game. I had to uninstall and reinstall my game, worlds, EPs and stuff, but I got a clean game, no issues and I scan all items not purchased in the EA store with this tool before I install them.

Thanks a million
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#548 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:42 AM
Crinrict has an excellent blog explaining how to use this excellent tool: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...ys-custard.html
Test Subject
#549 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hoiyt
Can anyone PLEASE tell me where and how exatcly does the app/tool tell you which files are corruptes? All is see is a list of files and can't find where it says whether or not they're corrupted. It would be super useful if there were intructions about that!

Check out Crinrict's blog: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...ys-custard.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#550 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:18 AM
Thank you!!!
Page 22 of 23