Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Delphy : 9th Dec 2004 at 9:56 AM. Reason: Thank you button is gone
Default New Site Features.
Hi All,

I've added some new features you've probably seen on the site... here's an explanation about them.

- Downloads are now sorted by thread creation date - so most recent downloads are sorted at the top. This only occurs in the download forums.

- I've also fixed the problems that occur when you ignore people, and it screws up the thread.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 12:59 AM
The thank you is a GREAT idea. You are a super admin.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 1:51 AM
Yes, that's a great idea.
And maybe (just an idea) it (the thankyou button) can do some other task. Like counting the thread so we can see how popular the mod is.
For such a good admin as you, it's gonna be simple php script, right?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 4:39 AM Last edited by hardonmachin : 7th Dec 2004 at 4:52 AM.
was whatever you did, what caused the "problem with database" error earlier today? there are no problems now, but if you were in the process of changing something....

Edit: it just happened again...
Error:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

It happened after I searched for my own posts, then clicked home...

The first time it happened was when...
I was posting a comment here: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...?threadid=31016 in the quick reply when it happened...

Then after that I recieved ther error at every page until a bit a couple of hours ago..
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 4:55 AM
Yep, I got the same error just now, but then it seemed to recover quickly.

I think the thank you buttons are a great idea! I'd love to give thank-you's offline, but I get tired of wading through other's thank-you's to get to the stuff that matters to me. Unfortunately I can't find the thank-you buttons, even on the posted link.

Also, does anyone have problems with the new site logging you out on some links? For example, when I follow the link to Carrigon's no-burn fire place, I'm no longer logged in, but if I navigate there in the forums I am. I couldn't find the thank-you button either way, though.

Anyway, thanks for your work on the new site, Delphy! The speed is phenomenal!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 7:18 AM Last edited by hardonmachin : 7th Dec 2004 at 8:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Also, does anyone have problems with the new site logging you out on some links? For example, when I follow the link to Carrigon's no-burn fire place, I'm no longer logged in, but if I navigate there in the forums I am. I couldn't find the thank-you button either way, though.

I had that same problem yesterday, but I deleted my old cookies and that fixed it...

EDIT: I didn't notice it before, but maybe it didn't happen until today... the view all chatbox posts no longer shows all chatbox posts...there is a gap between what is shown on each page of messages that are skipped. I have increased my posts per page setting in my profile, if that is relevent...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Delphy : 7th Dec 2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Updated
The database error was actually caused by the backup script restarting the mysql server, only it came up looking at the wrong database directory.

I removed the thank you button becuase of another possible bug.

I've changed the chatbox code too. vbIndex has a "max number of chatbox posts" for the left menu, but when it displays the actual View All list, it uses a totally different hardcoded value. This resulted in the "skipping" you saw.

I've rewritten this part of the script to use the users chosen posts per page, and removed the chatbox from the side bar when you are viewing.

Also, the intermittant database problems we have been seeing are becuase the max number of connections was set too low. I've upped this to 500, so we shouldn't have any more problems
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 7:46 PM
wow ... you did all that! I love you delphy! You are the best admin evar!
Duck Defender
#9 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 2:09 AM
Huh...

I'm not seeing it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 5:35 AM
Congrats Delphy, You see that's My First post on your Site, But I'm a longTimer, Not a Newbie ... I had really like like old layout, The downloads section was aslmost great, since you've jump to vb, the Downloads was screwed up and unusable for me because you can't select the new dls easier than old layout, But Now, Thats avoided, I have to say thank you For that ... Now I like there more (Look that killer smilies he he) ...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 1:09 PM
What aren't you seeing Rev?

hehe thanks EED... I'm going to add more smilies at some point.
Duck Defender
#12 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 4:41 PM
I'm not seeing the "Thank you" Button...

Is it supposed to be near the "quote" button or something?
#13 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 9:53 PM
Thank you button, great idea!! Now how about a 'Yeah!! what he said!!' or an 'In your face!!' button for all those people who want to agree that someone else's post sucked!! :D
#14 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:03 AM
I too see no Thank You button... can someone post a screenshot?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 5:09 AM
Thanks Delphy.
The "ignore" works now.....no more screwed up pageview after you put somebody on ignore.

Good work!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 9:37 AM
I zapped the Thank You button - the one I had was causing problems. It'll probably come back when I get a different version.
Duck Defender
#17 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 7:37 PM
Delphy rocks my socks.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:03 PM
Is the thank-you button history now, I read a recent post by a mod suggesting hitting the thank-you button but cannot for the life of me find it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:11 PM
The Thankyou button lasted about a day before I pulled it