Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#51 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
C and C++ are both capable of recognizing case; it just depends upon whether the programmer used case-sensitive or case-insensitive commands. Usually, case-insensitive commands are more user-friendly.

Some people say that their cheats only work when they have the right case... it can't hurt to try.

OK - I thought the information came from Pescado but I can't remember properly so I guess you might be right. Only, I've never bothered with lower and upper cases with the cheats.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:40 AM
You obviously misunderstood Pescado. I'm sure that he'd never say something like that, unless he was fooling you.

An inability to recognize the case of letters would be devastating to some applications, like Word, Excel, etc., all of which are written in C or C++.

Programmers decide whether to ignore case or not. It makes sense to ignore case in cheats, so that people aren't forced to type in the correct capitalization.

My theory is this: Capitalization helps people to read the cheats; being able to read them better means that you're less likely to make a typing mistake; therefore, some cheats (especially the long ones) need to be capitalized correctly (by some people).
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 6:21 AM Last edited by mr_db1 : 5th Apr 2012 at 7:15 AM.
to answer maxon

no, it is from my own known try and see approach not from internet myth that I know it does read case sensitive

and the way my info came to me of how some lines should be written is from the sims.wikia and cheatcodecentral sites

and as I read simswikia the testing cheats can be used in 3 ways and they use them on the site as such

boolprop testingcheats enabled true
- this one if used before entering the lot enables some specific stuff
- like you being able to put motives abilities and relationship points up and down at will
- (it also shows you the version number of the game)
- and opens the shift-N option for CAS in which you can use hidden clothes and skins
boolprop testingCheats Enabled true
-
boolprop TestingCheats Enabled true
- the one that lets you spawn stuf in the active lot

those are some of the 'known by me ' things they do anyway
so the absence of words under the second variation does not mean it does nothing
I just forgot what it does on it's own

if all 3 used together, I see the moveObjects cheat make the boolprop locktiles cheat function automaticly
moveObjects without them does not allow tiles outside the floor-building area

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#54 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You obviously misunderstood Pescado. I'm sure that he'd never say something like that, unless he was fooling you.

An inability to recognize the case of letters would be devastating to some applications, like Word, Excel, etc., all of which are written in C or C++.

Programmers decide whether to ignore case or not. It makes sense to ignore case in cheats, so that people aren't forced to type in the correct capitalization.

My theory is this: Capitalization helps people to read the cheats; being able to read them better means that you're less likely to make a typing mistake; therefore, some cheats (especially the long ones) need to be capitalized correctly (by some people).

Well, it might not have been from Pescado but I believe you anyway. The trouble with my memory for sims stuff these days is that it's got overlaid with 'more important' stuff in recent years and where at one time I could remember a lot, nowadays I only remember parts of it - just the main idea. Anyway, I still don't use capitalisation and the cheats work just fine. I know what you mean about reading them though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The trouble with my memory for sims stuff these days is that it's got overlaid with 'more important' stuff in recent years and where at one time I could remember a lot, nowadays I only remember parts of it - just the main idea.

Think yourself lucky, mostly I can't even remember the main idea any more!
Site Helper
#56 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr_db1
boolprop testingcheats enabled true
boolprop testingCheats Enabled true
boolprop TestingCheats Enabled true
None of those cheats will work. They all contain a fatal spelling error.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:55 PM
Rather, spacing error?
Site Helper
#58 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Apr 2012 at 6:22 PM.
I have strong doubts that the three cheats would do three separate things, even if the spelling error (syntax error) were fixed.

Just from a programming standpoint, no programmer would create three different cheats in the same program, all with the same name, but different capitalization.

However, I could see there being a difference in case-sensitivity based on whether the cheat was typed into a cheat window, or entered via a UserStartup.cheat file. I could also see there being a difference in case-sensitivity between two different programs (for example, the game vs. bodyshop) or two different operating systems (for example, windows vs. MAC, especially because the program was changed and recompiled). As well, different parts of a cheat may have different case sensitivities (boolProp is the cheat, testingCheatsEnabled and true are the parameters for that cheat).

That's why I say that it doesn't hurt to try typing in the case as shown in the wiki: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:Sims_2_Cheats I assume that someone found all strings in the executable and that's where the case for the cheats was determined.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 4:07 PM Last edited by mr_db1 : 5th Apr 2012 at 7:33 PM. Reason: just made my UserStartup.cheat file
did that space before the "enable' part slip in again ?

sorry ,my bad, I missed that one but it is all about the capitalizing anyway
thanks for pointing it out moo..

and on the topics question well untill I found this thread I didn't even know you could do start-up cheats but
from now on my set contains the following:

IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 30
boolprop ControllPets on
boolprop PetFreeWill true
boolprop PetActionCancel true

the other stuff I have yet to decide on if I want to use that or not

Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 7:55 PM
I don't think boolprop PetFreeWill true is a real cheat. Not that I've ever heard of, anyway. The pets already have freewill. They do what they want to, but the other two cheats allow us control freaks....errrr, players to cancel an action or tell them to do what we want.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 7:34 AM
no, setting it false isn't either, but I like to have control over the animals too
and I don't wantto have to order them to eat
with the other 2 pet-boolprop lines present I want to be sure they still have that small bit of free will needed for that action
and that is what it does, making sure

btw liv if that one set to false a cat would need your input to eat, sleep, go to it's toilet

Mad Poster
#62 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:55 PM
Whether or not boolprop PetFreeWill true is a real cheat, it certainly hasn't ever been necessary in my game. When I have controlpets and petactioncancel activated, dogs and cats are still perfectly capable of doing things for themselves. I don't think the petfreewill cheat is real.

ETA: I suppose it's possible that pets have freewill be default and that booprop petFreeWill false will remove that, but if it's "true" by default, I don't see why it would need to be in the userstartup file. To reiterate: I've got the two that give me direct control of the pets, but it doesn't take away their autonomy. They still take care of themselves when I'm focusing on other things.
Site Helper
#63 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Apr 2012 at 11:07 PM.
I agree. PetFreeWill isn't a real Sims 2 cheat.
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:22 AM
I hope this is the appropriate thread to post this. Yesterday, after I edited my userstartup.cheat file, Windows apparently saved the file with the .txt suffix instead of the .cheat suffix. My game crashed a couple of times on startup, and I figured out it may have been the changes to the file. After eliminating the changes and saving the file in its original configuration, the game still crashed on startup. I went back and checked the file and found it had the .txt extension instead of .cheat. I changed the extension to .cheat and my game then started normally. I later restored the changes to the file and found that it was saved with the .txt suffix, so I had to edit the file name again. The game, upon startup, must have found the userstartup file, but because it had the .txt extension, the game couldn't read it and the result were the crashes.
Scholar
#65 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:06 AM
I just use SetHighestAllowedBuildLevel 12, or whatever that cheat is called. I read that a lot built 15 stories high or more may crash a game, so I picked 12 to be safe. One thing i found interesting when i entered the file to enter that, is that boolprop was entered, set to false. I didnt think that would need to be in the UserStartup, but eh.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:24 AM
SMartin, that is actually very helpful information. I did not know what would happen if you did not have the correct extension. I only knew the game would not read the file - I did not know the game would crash on startup.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Forum Resident
#67 Old 9th May 2012 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
SMartin, that is actually very helpful information. I did not know what would happen if you did not have the correct extension. I only knew the game would not read the file - I did not know the game would crash on startup.

It doesn't always crash, though. When I was trying to get my userstartup file to work it kept adding .txt to the end as well. All that resulted was the cheats I plugged in didn't work when I used their aliases. The game still loaded no problem and I never had any crashes. I finally figured out how to prevent the file extensions from attaching and have never looked back.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th May 2012 at 4:36 AM
All these cool ideas for start-up cheats. I guess I'm kinda boring. All I have is:

Boolprop useShaders true
SetHighestallowedlevel 20
Boolprop ShowCatalogepFlags true

And the shaders one I probably don't even need anymore since I've transferred my game to a more powerful computer with better video cards.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:32 AM
For the following:

uintProp maxTotalSims 20

uintProp maxTotalHumans 10

uintProp maxTotalPets 10

Will I need to have a hack for these to work?
Alchemist
#70 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
For the following:

uintProp maxTotalSims 20

uintProp maxTotalPets 10

To my knowledge, I don't think so. Mine works perfectly without use of any hack.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 2:51 PM
I dont know what I did wrong with my file but it wont work in my game :/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#72 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
I dont know what I did wrong with my file but it wont work in my game :/

It's likely to be a spelling or spacing error early on in the file. If the game reads a mistake in that file, it simply stops reading it at that point.

Mad Poster
#73 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
For the following:

uintProp maxTotalSims 20

uintProp maxTotalPets 10

If you're trying to have larger families, not just larger parties or more sims on community lots, I think you must. Else why would the hacks exist?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 9:30 PM
Actually there is a mod for larger parties which you can invite a max of 225 Sims.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
If you're trying to have larger families, not just larger parties or more sims on community lots, I think you must. Else why would the hacks exist?

According to you, I need a hack then, so which hack should I use? And I already have set the max no. of visitors to 30, all I want right now is to enlarge the maximum size of family members. I don't want to have 50 sims in one house.
Page 3 of 5