Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:14 AM
Default Mark a Town as requiring an Expansion pack
So, I made a clone town of Moonlight falls. I wanted to add some custom content and split up the multi-rabbit holes.

But if I start it without SN, no bridges and horrible routing problems. I could use other bridges or even the fake bridge method some genius explained how to do. I don't mean genius in a sarcastic way; I mean it as in "I forgot what I saw it because I'm senile but the method was brilliant!"

I was thinking, Moonlight Falls itself doesn't show up in the list of towns if the game is not started with SN, is there a way to do that as well for user made towns?

Also, there's a ghost in my clone of MF!! B. Peanut! Unfortunately, I need to do more research into how he survived when I cloned the town.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 8:52 AM
Did you clean the global layer? This usually gets rid of all inhabitants (including ghosts).

As far as I know worlds are not tied to expansions, they just use objects and functionality of the expansion they came with. The world doesn't show up because the game start selection "hides" the SN folders. If you moved the original MF to the corresponding base game folder it would show up in the list of towns (not that it would make sense to do that, because it would still be horribly broken if you started the game without SN).

The only way to let users know they need SN for this world to my knowledge is to add a note to the description on the download page, and maybe add a readme file or something like that. You see that with most worlds.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 2:10 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand your post but, if you cloned MF and did not change the WPID number of the clone, the original MF may not show in your list of worlds to choose from to play because it and the clone are the same as far as the game is concerned. Here is an easy way to change the WPID to make them two separate worlds: http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t60...a-different-i-d. As far as the bridges, as you mentioned, you'd have to replace them some way. Sometimes the routing in EA worlds is a bit "iffy" anyway so I'd imagine you'll want to re-work the routing in CAW too. Hope that helps! I apologize if those aren't the questions you are asking.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 10:07 PM
That looks like simsimple's method - delete the Wpid in S3PE. That didn't work cuz it's a EA world.

So I had to make a decrap version first, then I did this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...586#post3572586

That worked. But stupid me keeps thinking "I'll play science, not magic, today!" and then I go and pick Moonlight Falls version 3, and see no bridges. Rats. Shut down and start over...
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 5:03 AM
Glad you got it to work! Now I guess it's on to replacing bridges and fixing routing ... Good luck with your project!