Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:14 PM
Default Smaller alternatives to the IP world
I know there are some threads like that already, but here's mine because... I'm relatively new to 3, and I did already have to look up what basic things like spawner and rabbit hole mean, but it's still confusing because I have pretty specific wishes and am a bit lost filtering out the most fitting things. So I'd like some recommendations for worlds that are good alternatives to the IP one.

Most of all, that means as "complete" as it gets, although I'd always prefer a smaller one which probably lacks a few things.
Stuff to explore that came with IP like diving spots and uncharted islands are the most important thing. Tropical themed would be nice but isn't a necessity.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 9:04 PM
Since you're looking for a small world, this is the only one I could find that seems to fit what you're looking for... never tried it so idk if it has Dive Lots but I'd say it does, and if not it's pretty easy to add them
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:05 AM
Oh, I didn't know you could add them. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:59 AM
This is one of my favorites. More like a small scale IP world that has dive spots and ports. Easy to adjust and remodel.
Here is the link: Enekjaer Island by FagerSims.

Another beauty. Small world but has a Resort, Furnished bungalows, ports and Dive Spots:
Suvadiva By Nilxis Designs.
Small lots for more entertainment, spas, or other community stuff can easily be added. There are links for small community lots here: Tiny Lots Document. All you need to do is put a 10x10 or whatever size anywhere there is room. The island is small and sims walk everywhere.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:23 PM
Enekjaer and Suvadiva don't have Rabbitholes tho right? I mean, Enekjaer uses the rugs so if you don't mind CC it might be fine :D
And yeah, you just need to place a lot on the water & use the Scuba Buoy from buydebug to create a Dive Lot Here's a tutorial tho, since you probably haven't done it before.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:12 PM Last edited by LovethMia : 28th Jun 2016 at 2:34 PM.
Suvadiva does have rabbitholes. They're underground. The lot itself is very small but the creator put the actual building (like the Grocery Store) in a basement level. It took me a few Sim days to realize that lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LovethMia
Suvadiva does have rabbitholes. They're underground. The lot itself is very small but the creator but the actual building (like the Grocery Store) in a basement level. It took me a few Sim days to realize that lol.

There are only 3 RH's in Suvadiva : IP Resort, Bistro and Grocery. A couple more options: more rugs and/or community lots can be added using the suggestions in the Tiny Lots Page. I put a City Hall rug in an empty bungalow and changed the lot type to No Visitors Allowed and it works fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:46 PM
Can't you place rabbit holes yourself, though...? Can you put them in the library like normal lots? Then I could just as well go through my other installed worlds and collect the ones I like. Or use some of the IP ones right away.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:49 PM
Yep, you can do that. The problem is some of those Rabbitholes are huge. Rabbithole rugs/doors might work too. Then you could just renovate an existing building and plop the rug or door in. I did this with Praaven.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sam&skye
Can't you place rabbit holes yourself, though...? Can you put them in the library like normal lots? Then I could just as well go through my other installed worlds and collect the ones I like. Or use some of the IP ones right away.

Yeah you can save the lots with the rabbitholes on them from other worlds, or you can put them on an empty lot in the world you're trying to modify. If the lots are too small you're probably gonna have to use the basement method or the rabbithole rugs/doors tho :D