Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:23 PM
Some people still plays Sims 3
Holy cow, I thought I was the only lonley freak playing The Sims 3 (I am not yet ready for the las version). Guys, you all make me SO SO happy I finally got a new computer for this game, so I shall use it.

Hope you are all doing fine

Anything important I should know guys?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:34 PM
There are usually twice as many people on the Sims 3 discussion than the Sims 4 discussion. So there's a lot of people not done with Sims 3.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:36 PM
People still play the Sims 1, a large number of us play the Sims 2, so why would there not be people playing the Sims 3? As for the Sim 4...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:40 PM Last edited by tha_crusheer : 13th Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM.
I still plays sims 1! Seems like no one can get enough of any versions.. I was about to consider myself an old woman..
Theorist
#5 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 12:25 AM
You should know that there is loads of CC (custom content) free, free, free for Sims 3. No need to shell out a lot of money. Expansion packs should be cheaper than ever. A word to the wise, be picky about what you download. Go to legit sites and get the nicest stuff you can find. I'm amazed how many gorgeous items I can find for Sims 3. Every day I seem to discover another gem.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 7:07 AM
I so regret that I got rid of my TS1 game(s). I had all the EP's and tons of CC. Never really like TS2 as much, but when TS3 was released and I saw all the opportunities for better customizing I was hooked.. TS4 is a big blunder in my opinion.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 7:50 AM
Pfff... there are a lot of people who still play sims 3 and sims 2. Not all move on new shiny sims 4, especially knowing that "shiny" is just a pile of poo....
#9 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 11:22 AM
I think I played Sims 1 a long time ago.

Anyway, I remembered it and bought Sims 3 one day when I wanted a computer game. Now, I'm addicted.

With great enthusiasm, I got Sims 4, and took the day off just to play it!. Tried playing it, but I had Sims 3 on my computer so what the fudge was I doing playing Sims 4?

If EA wants more of my money, they need to either make more Sims 3 stuff, or make Sims 5 better than Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 12:29 PM
I still play TS3 and even loaded my newest legacy up earlier and played two days of it.I had bad luck like my sims overslept and broke plumbing.
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM Last edited by varpunen : 14th Aug 2015 at 3:34 PM.
I'm quite happy playing Sims 3 and I'll stick to it. I do still have my Sims 1 and Sims 2 collections but I haven't played either one since Sims 3 was released. I don't like Sims 4 and I refused to get it even when it was offered to me for free.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 1:39 PM
We are quite a lot, i say. I still play sims3 when i'm not playing something new, like lately Life is Strange, Dreamfall chapters and Age of Wonders 3. And i am one of those who bought sims 4 at launch, played for two weeks then regretted and returned back to ts3, with joy and relief!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 3:24 PM
I still play TS3 every single day! And occasionally TS2 - man, that game feels so nostalgic!
Theorist
#14 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:13 PM
Won't ever be going to Sims 4. I'm playing Sims 3 daily and on occasion like today, I fire up Sims 2. And I'm shopping daily for CC for both games

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Banned
#15 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:36 PM
*raises hand*
Scholar
#16 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:57 PM
Me too. Once in a while I want to play a sims game again. Then I look at the new shiny TS with sad eyes, wishfully thinking how it could've been. It reminds me then of TS3 with all its promising features. I then install TS3 together with bits and bobs to make it run how it should run, it basically then hanging together with duct tape and cable ties. For a few months anyway until some new weird performance problem pops up that makes me ragequit and play other games again. And then I come back. Looking at ...well, you know.
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 9:00 PM
Still play Sims 2 and 3.
Trying to get into 4. I can only play for a couple hours and then I stop for days.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 10:44 PM
I love Sims 4 and I still do, but I've just grown to liking Sims 3 more and more. It probably helps that I'm slowly adding expansion packs to the game, and enjoy what I can other than trying to do everything at once. So yeah, I'm far,far from done with The Sims 3 whereabouts Sims 4 I spent over 130+ hrs and I'm waiting for new content really... Also playing through Sims 2 every now and then - I don't like it much as others, but will admit that it's better as "simulation" game as it's far more challenging in that than 3&4.

I also regret trading in Sims 1, I would like it again. Might buy the Complete Collection pack on Amazon.co.uk someday, but not anytime soon.

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Won't ever be going to Sims 4. I'm playing Sims 3 daily and on occasion like today, I fire up Sims 2. And I'm shopping daily for CC for both games

Me too! I'm not giving up TS3 for a while since TS4 is such a huge letdown. I download new stuff every day and one of these days I'm going to get around to start making my own mods for the game. I really want to clone the fixer upper car to have more styles of animated vehicles. And a "Hand Baby to" interaction like we had in TS2.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
You should know that there is loads of CC (custom content) free, free, free for Sims 3. No need to shell out a lot of money. Expansion packs should be cheaper than ever. A word to the wise, be picky about what you download. Go to legit sites and get the nicest stuff you can find. I'm amazed how many gorgeous items I can find for Sims 3. Every day I seem to discover another gem.

Especially now that TSR is a free site.

Some of the prettiest and most useful CC I've gotten has been for the Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Me too! I'm not giving up TS3 for a while since TS4 is such a huge letdown. I download new stuff every day and one of these days I'm going to get around to start making my own mods for the game. I really want to clone the fixer upper car to have more styles of animated vehicles. And a "Hand Baby to" interaction like we had in TS2.

Good news about modding TS3 is that there is unlikely anymore update on EA side. 1.67 is the final patch and it will stay final. One of the nightmare about old mods is compatibility issue. But now we only have 1.67 to work with. Stable and happy. Well, as stable as it can be. I can manage to play TS3 for 3 days without problem. Yep, game running non-stop. I pause the game while away to avoid any activities. Tested that successfully twice. Third time got Error 12 on save, oh well.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tha_crusheer
Anything important I should know guys?

You're off to a good start. You already knew some very important things, in your heart and without anyone's having to tell you. You'll do fine.
Icy Spicy
#23 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 4:17 PM
Oh...I love playing Sims 3 and will continue doing so even though I have started investing some time in sims 4. Sims 3 will always remain my main sims game. Sims 4 at present is just a slightly bland side dish :P
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:59 AM
Well, I just hit Gen 33 on my latest legacy, so I guess I'm still playing the hell out of TS3. TBH, after trying out TS4, I'm thrilled to have my full TS3 install happy and healthy for daily game play.
Instructor
#25 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 3:18 AM
Yeah Sims 4 doesn't really appeal to me with it's 3 traits and no open world and it's colour based emotion system (I prefer moodlets cause I think they're less intrusive for roleplaying) and it's plasticine looking artstyle (It's not quite uncanny but it does instill irrational hatred instead I wonder if there's a term for that?).

The prospect of multi-tasking was tempting but not enough to get me to shell out the cash or (shudder) install Origin

If Sims 5 comes out and turns out to be the most complete basegame ever + openworld + more traits + turnons/turnoffs + favourites that actually do something + minor pets in basegame + sliders back (I find them easier to use I remember Spore all too clearly > ) + available on steam + other easy to make features that really should be in the basegame and you should put them in cause they aren't that hard to make EA and the Basegame SHOULD stand by itself and I refuse to buy them again on their own + toddlers.

Maybe, maybe I'll buy it.
Page 1 of 2