Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:04 PM
Nancy says, "Just say NO to simport."

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:15 PM
I hosted a sim in my game, and yep she's in my saved sims folder, my downloads folder, so I'm assuming she's in my dc cache folder also. She didn't have any CC attached, but that player just may not use CC. But I use it, lots of it. My question is this, is it just CC that's downloaded through the launcher in SimPack form, or package files that are being transferred? I don't download third party CC through the launcher anyway, because I combine my package files...So what exactly is getting through?
Inventor
#28 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:51 PM
@ella: I do believe they tested CC but the wrong stuff. They probably did not download a random Sim with tons of corrupt CC into their game and send that through Simport.They downloaded CC from different sites and put it in their game. Most of it does not transfer cause the files are stripped but I don't think EA is aware of the problem that non-default skins, hair, makeup and accessory attaches on the Sim itself. Those are by the way all Package files that do that and not Sims3Packs. Mostly peggy hair but I found a few downloads on this site that does it as well.

They were probably not aware of the DBPF inside DBPF problem and did not test this case. I've been preaching about this issue for over a year now and I don't think anyone cared until now.

I've also gotten hold of a file that is supposed to have gone through SimPort (I have no proof that it has) and there's tons of package files inside that sims3pack still as if it didn't get cleaned. I'm trying to get hold of the original file to compare if EA stripped anything and if there might be an error that keeps the EA program from fully cleaning them correctly.

After the doll fiasco I will continue to not release all the info I have until I'm 100% positive and have tried it with a trusted person that I feel actually understands what I'm trying to say. I try not to add to the fire but it is an issue and it was acknowledged by a guru.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:20 PM
Concerning memories, I don't have any personal proof. Only what the player posted over at TS3. It would seem to me this would have really been possible in TS2 (sending memories along with a Sim) however, I don't know how these things work in TS3.

But I was thinking about it. Let's say someone had played a Sim for quite awhile and then Simported that Sim (not a Sim that was just created simply for Simporting). Since the game is sending that Sim's data, and not just some default empty Sim string, wouldn't that be very possilbe and the poster which claimed they had proof is indeed correct? Because I think they looked at the file if not added the Sim to game to find out. IDK. I'll try to find their exact post but it is now buried over there.
Inventor
#30 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:07 AM Last edited by crinrict : 9th Mar 2012 at 3:32 PM.
Wondering WHAT the patch actually solves

EDIT: The games seems to no longer install Simporting Sims (Patch 1.32). Issue solved.

If anyone has different info, please let me know.
Page 2 of 2