Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#101 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:36 PM
Is the hunting skill borked for anyone? My cat's skill bar won't go up. I had to use Master Controller to give her a hunting point so she could hunt.

EDIT: Never mind, I think it's one of my mods.
Advertisement
Inventor
#102 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:38 PM
I LOVE the Pounce interaction between cats. It's so cute to watch! And I love it when they roll around and stretch on the floor. I also love watching my long-haired kitty walk with her fluffy legs. Oh gosh she's SO cute... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

However, I'm not liking the constant clipping issues with the cats. In my earlier post, I said I hated how cats clip through single-tile doors. I had one cat decide to sleep on the couch and his back tail sticks out the back and his only visible part is his head and the tips of his paws! The rest is stuck inside the couch. Not happy with this part AT ALL.

I was also having problems with the romantic options between mates to appear for a little while but it seems fine now.

The bell collar that jingles DOES NOT jingle when a cat is going up/down the stairs.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#103 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:48 PM
Wandering Appaloosa Plains, I found a Jackalope Crossing sign. I was looking for the Unicorn Crossing sign. I didn't get a pic of it, but ya'll might look around your town to see if you find one too.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:03 AM
Can anyone confirm that Cameraman Mode is now not as smooth as before? Mine becomes a bit too jerky, and its not even on high rise apartments.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmie
Did anyone preorder pets from Amazon? Mine hasn't come yet and I bought it like a month ago... What is happening....

I ordered mine Sunday on Amazon and they shipped it early so it would arrive on the 18th. I got yesterday. Check your account, you should be able to track your package.

Oh I just thought of something... I have Amazon Prime which might be why I got it on its release date!

Her smile was like a rainbow after a sudden storm...
Test Subject
#106 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:51 AM
I've played it for a few hours today, maybe three or four.

Overall, I didn't get as many glitches as I expected. I only saw two pathing issues. The first involved getting two horses into the same stall to breed - it seems like if an adjacent stall is occupied they won't use it. Which is rather silly. The second was when you have more than two horse+rider combos trying to enter an event at the equestrian center. They both entered the first one fine - but they got into a 'no, you go first' argument about the 2nd entry. It must just be luck, but in every single case I saw, the hubby sim let his wife enter and he dropped his queue.

My main complaint is that choosing a 'breed' is rather useless. If you change a horse's colour, you loose the breed and any resulting offspring will be called mixbreeds. Yes, Andalusians are commonly white-gray coloured... but that doesn't mean that Zorro's horse isn't an Andy just because he's black. Likewise, 95% of cats in existence are considered 'American Long Hairs', 'American Short Hairs' or 'American Medium Hairs'. That is what mixed breed cats ARE CALLED. So when I change the colour of that ASH cat in CAP, don't tell me it's now a mixed breed. It was a short haired mixed breed before that too.

----
I only read through the first couple pages, but somebody was questioning the horse breeds' accuracy. I apologize if somebody already stepped in and gave their piece.

For the most part... yes. I can flip through the breed list and think 'yeah, that looks right'. There was a Clydesdale (Budweiser horse) pop up when I made my first horse - and there was no doubt in my mind what it was. The thing is, a lot of the things that differentiate one breed from another would be difficult to show. One of the main things is simply size. A Welsh Cob (typically 14-15 hands) should not be the same size as a Shire (17 hands at minimum) - but they are.

However, for the more stereotypical breeds, they're pretty much bang on with the body shape, head shape and neck shape. The quarter horse looks a little odd to me - but I'm also not a fan of the leaner pleasure type or ones with appendix lines. The quarter horse should look like the palomino, and the palomino should be dropped - it's a colour, not a breed. The Barb also looks off - it should be more plain, less refined looking. Likewise, most of the warmbloods look almost identical to me - but most people (even horse people) couldn't tell an Irish Warmblood from a Dutch Warmblood anyway.

Finally. The fact that EA included designer mutts (labradoodle, etc) makes me want to bomb their headquarters. That is all.
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:07 AM
Since installed Sims 3 Pets, I can't use hot tubs for some reason. Whenever my characters try to take a seat in a hot tub, they float in the air like they're sitting on a floating recliner. God forbid I make a pair try to woohoo. ...then again I am curious as to how it'd look. brb later with a screenshot of the seating position.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
I really like it so far! I had very low expectations after Generations and Late Night. I like how the the animals have lots of interactions both with people sims as well as other pets. Some things I liked or was pleasantly suprised at:

Horses can dig on their own and find things like carrots and onions!
When making pets in CAS you can pick their relationship like people sims. My 2 cats are mates and have rings under their pics.
Animals can drink from ponds.
Cats can fish.
You can praise/scold to encourage certain behaviors.
How the horses "spin" to sadle/unsadle.
The horses have a ball they can play with!
The horses get blurred out when they pee (don't know that makes me giggle) and they can pee with someone on their backs! Just like real life.

That is it for now, I only played for 2 sim days. Now off to explore and find wild animals and Unicorns!
Screenshots

Her smile was like a rainbow after a sudden storm...
Test Subject
#109 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:01 AM
Overall, I think they designed a decent expansion. It has the right amount of content for the price, unlike Generations. I don't love pet xpacks and I expect to be bored with the cats and dogs quickly, as I was with TS1 and TS2. The horses, on the other hand, are more interesting to me. That could be because I've had cats and dogs all my life but little contact with horses. I think this xpack enriches the game but as a focus I will tire of it easily. Now they just need to give me weather and the ability to create proper community lots like restaurants and stores and I'll be happy.

Pros: A lot of added gameplay!
Unicorns are awesome!
Its nice to have wildlife running around in the world.

Cons: CC breakage ><
Too much randomness in adopting or buying a horse. Should be able to buy by breed.
Hate the way horses look when they spin to put on a saddle and do we really need a blur for them peeing??

Don't be fooled by the name, I'm a girl.
Test Subject
#110 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
Hmm, my lag is getting slightly better and I have no mods and no CC (never did, except for Twallan's mods).

My only real wish for the Sims 3 Pets is for the horses to STAY PUT. Then my city residents in Bridgeport could own horses by boarding them at the Equestrian Center (which miracle of miracles, I fit into Bridgeport by deleting the large park). The horses are constantly trying to escape, though, and even my horses who live in the suburb part with homes built just to accomodate them get out of their stalls and run around the neighborhood. *sigh*

My cats and dogs, though, they're good. They don't stay try to leave.

You can turn off individual pet free will I think. You'll just have to keep an eye on them so they don't starve. ;p

Don't be fooled by the name, I'm a girl.
Test Subject
#111 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:15 AM
I tried to reinstalled only The sims 3 base and Pets (No CC and No Mods).
I played in Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains,but I couldn't join Education Career in Both Worlds.
Is that a Bug or not??
Are there anybody who can join Education Career?
And installing some CC or Mods,in CAS mode I could'nt select Lifetime Wish(appearing white heart marks).
I don't know a cause.
Please take care!
Eminence Grise
#112 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by takingarest
I played in Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains,but I couldn't join Education Career in Both Worlds.
Is that a Bug or not??
And installing some CC or Mods,in CAS mode I could'nt select Lifetime Wish(appearing white heart marks).
I don't know a cause.
Please take care!

I was able to join the Education Career in Appaloosa Plains, yes.

If you have CC or mods, you should follow the steps in this FAQ to identify the offending mod: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

If you continue to have issues after reading through that guide, there's a link to the help forum at the bottom of it.

Note that it is fully expected that script mods/core mods and some other types of gameplay mods will not work and could mess up your game after a patch, until they've been updated.
Test Subject
#113 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:51 AM
thank you for quick reply!
I tried to join Education Career(No CC and No Mods) again,but i could only attend painting class...
umm....

I 'll try to do as your advice and I'm looking forward to next Update Patch

I'm not very good at speaking English and sorry.
Space Pony
#114 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:43 AM
So I was playing more with cats, and I had my cat go hunting, and I saw she was stalking a turtle. Now my first thought is that it's a turtle, she can get it, she's got a high enough level of hunting. But how does a turtle beat a cat, and leave behind a feather? A leaf I could understand, but a feather? As much as I'm loving this game, I keep stopping and making faces at my laptop, cause some stuff is just so unrealistic. (If you can't tell, I'm someone who loves realistic games)

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:51 AM
My Pets Album on FB: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...=1&l=1fe7e0b72a

Got any question you can just ask.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by takingarest
Is that a Bug or not??
I don't know a cause.
Please take care!

Education is an Ambitions career.
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:00 AM
Ugh. They need to fix kittens 'run around' till their bladder explode or die of hunger thingy without stopping. FAST!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
Has anyone else noticed that pet's eye shine shows up black instead of white? It's starting to bother me, I wonder why it does that?

THIS! It annoys me to no end. I think I've seen it once before in my game but I can'T really remember =/
If it is a glitch I'm hoping EA will fix it as soon as possible. It could be a lazy designer who forgot about it..

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Test Subject
#119 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:43 AM
Question: Can animals breed with the strays in the neighborhood or with animals that aren't in the same household?
Inventor
#120 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaydon
Question: Can animals breed with the strays in the neighborhood or with animals that aren't in the same household?

I don't think they can breed with strays. I tried to breed my horse with a wild and it said that there are too many members in the wild horse's household.
I assume you can breed with a neighbor's pet if their household isn't full.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:29 AM
has anyone else have the problem in create a sim of not being able to choose a lifetime wish?
Test Subject
#122 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TinTin
Education is an Ambitions career.

Oh...,I've forgotten this career is an Ambitions career...
I'm ashamed of it.

Thank you for telling me about it!
Now , I'll try to install ambtions.
Inventor
#123 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:12 AM
Okay, so my sims are doing their stuff and I see this red glow. I zoom in and see....this?

Top Secret Researcher
#124 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:12 AM
This is weird. my cat has my sim listed as father in the relationship panel. And the sim have the cat listed as My Kitten, although the cat grew up already!
Test Subject
#125 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:00 AM
I haven't gotten to do much in Pets yet, stupid job, lol. But since I never played sims 2 I have no hopes to be dashed.

The only complaint I have is that the cats have no whiskers...they look so weird without whiskers, well the model lines were also showing up on the cat's head when I was in create a sim, but that isn't a big deal. Compared to the issues I had after installing Generations EP this has been incredibly smooth. Hopefully I get to play more tomorrow.

Though I'm not a fan of the new town, i wish I could mesh it with hidden springs. I've tried editing the towns in my game before and it just crashes my games so I'll just deal with it lol. Oh and is it just me or has anyone else not been able to select an empty lot to build on when you start new, I can only choose a house.
Page 5 of 11