Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:59 PM
THe same way you enable a color, just change the typecode to 0. 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled. It's great you got it working.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:08 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 7th Dec 2010 at 10:11 PM.
I thought it would be that, I just didn't want to spend time doing it in case it didn't work. Here's what I made so far. I'm really happy with the texture overlay, the pile looks really thick on these.

Thanks for your help again.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#53 Old 14th May 2011 at 3:54 AM
I have tried this tutorial but I do have a couple of questions on areas that are not clear to me. I don't understand the HEX numbers for the colors. In the tutorial it shows numbers like 0x54 but when I've looked at many charts the numbers are very long and when I try to input them I get that the number is incorrect. Also do you put the same numbers in Material(0) and (1)?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th May 2011 at 4:34 AM
The HEX numbers are the same as the color codes on the charts you've seen, there just divided into their respective colors. So red in HEX would be red=FF green=00 blue=00, or FF0000. Material(0) is PatternA in cas and Material(1) is PatternB. So unless you want them to be the same color, you wouldn't use the same numbers.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:41 PM
I have enabled 3 colors on the template. But I was wondering if when I follow the tutorial and need a 3rd color I paint on the mask with blue. Do I need to create another layer like in step #10 and fill with blue? Or do I just paint with blue and then set my color codes?

Thanks so much for this as I am making some nice rugs.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th May 2011 at 9:02 PM
You will need pure blue everywhere you want the third color to appear. depending on how you're using it, I would do it like the the green layer was done. I'm glad this is working for you and look forward to seeing your work.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 8:40 PM
Cmomoney I was wondering if you have any templates for round rugs or any of the other rugs? I have tried working on them but I can't get them to work right and I would love to have some other templates to use. I use your's all the time to make rugs but I would really like to try some others. Can you help with that?
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:20 PM
Default Im Confused?
I Cant Find The Multiplyer In S3PE Where Is It?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#59 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:59 PM
If you're not using the template, you have to look at the IMGs in the package and find the grayscale one.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:29 AM Last edited by Kamelia : 7th Oct 2012 at 7:53 AM.
Default problem with step 15
Thank you for a great tutorial. I'm moving on from making paintings, and this is just the stuff that's needed to learn more. However I ran into a problem in step 15, as I can't get to the colors. This is a screenshot from S3PE so you can see what the problem is.

http://i.imgur.com/2ALwp.jpg

I hope someone can help.

/Kamelia
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:52 AM
I'll answer my own question, since I got help in the chat over at simlogical.

In the new versions of S3PE things are located differently than in the tutorial. To change the colors you need to select ComplateOverides at the end of step 15 (Materials > MaterialBlock > MaterialBlocks > ComplateOverrides)

Thanks Inge!
Alchemist
#62 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 11:14 PM
For any kind of work that involves changing the object's IMG's you're prolly best off using Texture Tweaker Tool instead of s3pe...it's a lot easier since it was designed specifically for this purpose. There are tutorials for it's use in the Wiki and at Simlogical.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 2:18 AM
Please HELP. I can not learn from reading online screens. I need to download and print. Most Sims 3 tutorials download. The only ones that don't seem to are MOD and TSR tutorials on creating objects. I have wanted to learn this for years but have never been able to. If I could down load these or buy them I would rejoice. I feel like I play sims in a prison.
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
how big should the carpet size be (multiplier size)? I only get two part on the carpet, it looks like two squares insted of one carpet
Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 9:55 PM
Please can someone help me? I've done the tutorial with the package that was included, but now I want to design a different rug, an oval one. I've searched all over the internet and I can't find a good tutorial on how to export a package with the S3OC and how to make adjustments.
I have tried it myself, but only get a copy of the rug thats already in the game, without any of the adjustments I've made.
Can someone please write a tutorial for an absolute beginner for me?
Many Thanx!
Page 3 of 3