Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10426 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:44 AM
Even toddlers can't stand the smell of wet dog!
Screenshots

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Theorist
#10427 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:25 PM
Two things--one I just never knew...(duh moment). There is a button where you can "capture this moment" on the panel. It takes a photo. Of course it's not very good for staging good photos but...(how did I not know this in all these years?)

Second, I had this theory (never read about it) that if my Sim had a wedding that maybe a story about it would appear in the paper the next day. I had her go read the paper--I rarely use the newspaper--and yes, there was a story about her awesome wedding combining old and new elements. I'm not sure if this is an EA thing or something related to story progression mod but it's was fun to read. It was kind of a lame wedding but the news story described it in glowing terms.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#10428 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Spamaccount : 13th Apr 2017 at 8:00 PM.
I had a sim in the Buisness career, so planning to queue up some Meetings after his regular shift, I clicked on the Rabbithole and discovered he had the option to 'Demand Raise'. Then I clicked on his wife at work at the Science Lab and she had the same option! How many years have gone by without me ever knowing I could that...
Alchemist
#10429 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:38 AM
I learned that you can put ladders, doors and windows in the family inventory. For some reason, I'd never thought of doing that!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#10430 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:38 PM
I discovered using a mod was the only way I was going to get a very reluctant man to marry his girlfriend. After standing her up at their beach venue wedding, I sent the whole party to "the wedding factory" in my town and he showed up thinking it was party time. Too bad he was "forced into marriage." I took control of him and marched him up to the wedding arch. He kept sending her gifts and saying he loved her but I guess his cold feet had to be forced to the fire.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#10431 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you need to stand a little closer to play that bass.

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#10432 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 6:00 AM
I discovered that an Adult and an Elder can't be siblings for some reason. The heck.
Alchemist
#10433 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 8:33 AM
I just realized that the sports ranking chart that comes with University has the team logos that are also on the separate posters, though the llama one appears to be red instead of blue:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#10434 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:18 PM Last edited by HCAC : 20th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I discovered that an Adult and an Elder can't be siblings for some reason. The heck.

This is the same (without mods) if you want a grandparent and a grandchild just to live together. I made an old sim in CAS thinking I would have her live with her grandson (also made in CAS).

I did not have an "adult" so they could not be related. I had to make them housemates/roommates.

On a side note:
The other day I had my active family take their twins to the local kiddie water park. The husband (Grady the maid) suddenly zeroed in on some young adult wandering around the lot and went to talk with her--her name was Candy Cane. I didn't make it up--the game did. (sounds like a woman of ill repute).

Site Helper
#10435 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:32 PM
Today I discovered that if your sim has witnessed a betrayal, and uses the "Express Condolences Over Betrayal" conversation option to a sim who did not yet know that they had been betrayed, they shriek and rush out to confront their betrayer.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#10436 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani

That's why NRAAS Master Controller Cheats.
Theorist
#10437 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 7:51 PM
Downloading even at "so called established" sites is annoying with weird messages and malware wanna installers..."your pc is infected...call this number now." Goes off grumbling because I really should know better....kicks over imaginary flamingo.

Alchemist
#10438 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Downloading even at "so called established" sites is annoying with weird messages and malware wanna installers..."your pc is infected...call this number now." Goes off grumbling because I really should know better....kicks over imaginary flamingo.

Get uBlock Origin for whichever browser you're using. Seriously. I haven't seen any of that crap in ages! The only thing it doesn't kill is the pop-ups when you click on the "Download" button on Mediafire. But to bypass those you can just right-click the button and choose "Save As" and you'll get the file without triggering the pop-up

Lab Assistant
#10439 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 12:06 AM
Just noticed that burglars can walk through locked doors, which really sucks. How are my medieval sims supposed to protect their stuff now? Even Dexter the bear couldn't help me with this one since the burglars keeps moving and they always miss
Top Secret Researcher
#10440 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
Just noticed that burglars can walk through locked doors, which really sucks. How are my medieval sims supposed to protect their stuff now? Even Dexter the bear couldn't help me with this one since the burglars keeps moving and they always miss

Is this sims Medieval?

If Sims 3, you can buy a burglar alarm. Bonehilda (SN) will fight them and she always wins.
Site Helper
#10441 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:31 AM
For those households where a high-tech burglar alarm is an anachronism, get the Transmogrifier. Then get a more suitable wall hanging and buy the burglar alarm just long enough to copy the script. Sell it back (or undo the purchase) and change the script of the wall hanging to the script from the burglar alarm. Now you have a magical portrait which summons police instead of an electronic plaque.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#10442 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:33 AM
Sims that have the Hates the Outdoors trait don't accept gifts that remind them of it, including vampires.
This is the response.

(I was going to give Wogan Hemlock, a vampire and my sim's best friend, some perfect plasma fruit for his birthday.)
Lab Assistant
#10443 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Is this sims Medieval?

If Sims 3, you can buy a burglar alarm. Bonehilda (SN) will fight them and she always wins.

Really? Well goddamnit, Bonehilda just got a new home then. And i'm not talking about Sims Medieval, i'm just playing Sims 3 with medieval world, medieval, houses and medieval sims, so that's why i haven't bought a burglar alarm, doesn't really make sense
Site Helper
#10444 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Sims that have the Hates the Outdoors trait don't accept gifts that remind them of it, including vampires.
This is the response.

(I was going to give Wogan Hemlock, a vampire and my sim's best friend, some perfect plasma fruit for his birthday.)

And suddenly I realize why he thought the date with my sim in this post was so wonderful! He was feeling suicidal for some reason.

Lab Assistant
#10445 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Is this sims Medieval?

Sims who are Brave, Daredevils or in the Law Enforcement career can also fight the burglar. Even if your Sim loses the burglar will run away without stealing anything more.
Alchemist
#10446 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli

Well, they're burglars And MUCH more competent than the police, who brawl with the burglars, get their ass kicked, then tap their foot with an expression like they just stepped in something unpleasant while the burglar runs away. The bad part is that even if you kill the burglars with Dexter the Bear, you still don't get your things back and are still stuck with the "Had Stuff Stolen" moodlet :/

Mad Poster
#10447 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Well, they're burglars And MUCH more competent than the police, who brawl with the burglars, get their ass kicked, then tap their foot with an expression like they just stepped in something unpleasant while the burglar runs away. The bad part is that even if you kill the burglars with Dexter the Bear, you still don't get your things back and are still stuck with the "Had Stuff Stolen" moodlet :/

But at least you still have a cute bear to play and snuggle with. I guess unless the burglar manages to steal that too. Or is that not how it works?
Forum Resident
#10448 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:38 AM
I actually discovered this last night: I've been playing The Sims 3 for 8 years now and I never knew until yesterday that you could randomize a Sim's face--just their face!--in CAS. All these years, and there was a cure to the pudding syndrome (among townies) right under my nose the whole time...

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Site Helper
#10449 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:12 PM
Randomizing a face doesn't help as much if there aren't a lot of good-looking sims in the bin for it to get parameters from.

Alchemist
#10450 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:01 PM
I think it just pulls from the existing presets and combines them (rather badly).

Page 418 of 490