Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:36 AM
Default Today's the day, but how much more can we really find out?
There just seems to be so much information out there already, collated amazingly by many on here.

I mean, only a video is really going to do the job of satisfying us for a day, but if memory serves, did they bring a teaser out this early when the sims 2 site began? I thought it was just text and a few screenshots to begin with.

I don't know how long I have to wait, as I'm at least five hours ahead of the States here in England. WAKE UP AMERICA, SLEEP TIME OVER!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:47 AM
I think we're going to get some new screenshots at least. Would be nice too if we get to play with some new features like they did with the bodyshop for Sims2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:53 AM
Absolutely, that would be fantastic. They'll probably keep anything like that up their sleeves for a while though.
I just hope the website is updated regularly!
#4 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:56 AM
I would like to see a video! And some new pictures... but the most important for me are system requirements so I can start saving money for new computer "pieces"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:58 AM
Yes, I really need to know the system reqs too. I'm currently playing sims 2 on a laptop and it handles it perfectly, but just the idea of a complete town to walk through with no loading screens...I can hear my computer groaning already.
#6 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:02 AM
Well since they love teasing us I'm sure it wont be anything amazing =(
And since I dont just want to toss my sims 2 game today it better not be something so amazing that it would just break my S2 addiction..lol

Isn't it sad the only thing to break a sims addiction is another more improved sim game -_-;
#7 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:09 AM
hehe... yes, sims are really like drugs... you can't just stop playing them... everyone I know who started playing sims, became addicted I'm little off topic...

I'm wondering will they tell us axact date when the sims 3 are going to be released!!??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:17 AM
Maybe not an exact date, but I'm sure it's going to be next March.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think we're going to get some new screenshots at least. Would be nice too if we get to play with some new features like they did with the bodyshop for Sims2.

Prerelease of a tool like Body Shop not only means we can play with some of the new features... but with the prerelease Body Shop for Sims 2, we got stuff like the Gamespot content packs - which meant modders were able to get a head start on figuring out the file formats.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:06 PM
I can imagine it being a page with "New game, 2009!" and that's it (I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment )

But yeah, some high-quality screenshots and a bit of information wouldn't go a miss. You have to remember over time the website will update, and over time we'll get lots more media, so I don't want too much right now.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:38 PM
I assume in a month's time (after all the magazines have run their exclusives) the website will have more content available. It's not really an "exclusive" if it's widely available on the internet.
#12 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:43 PM
You are probably right on that, thud. But I'd say about two weeks.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Not news