Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Acquire Woohooer, enable Near Relation Romance, regret nothing

you you, you... you know! :D

When I made so far (which happened maybe twice because of my addiction to make game borky) I broke relationships by MasterController or/and shuffled part of population, some forceful emigrated (ya know, this gently "total annihilation" some dropped from clipboard as a new genetic source.

NRR gave me too many too close sisters and broters... Resulting as effective clone factory. And as you know we're on the verge of the new Episode, so Clones are obsolete now

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:43 PM
Hm, I think I have two unbroken habits and one that I've managed to break.

The one I beat is playing only young adults and changing households when the family got too big. I've since changed to having a "main character" who I'll follow for a long time until they either bore me or their children grow up and move out. I still don't play Elders all that much. I've played Sims 3 since it released and have had about... four Elders die of old age under my control. I actually haven't seen what happens if a household dies out, come to think of it. Do you get kicked out to Edit Town mode?

The two I still have are straightforward:

1. I am a serial screenshotter. The C key is my friend. The enhanced camera controls after pressing TAB my weapons of choice. The only thing keeping this down is that I have a lot of pictures already.

2. "Just one more thing before I stop playing..." This Sim has a birthday tomorrow, this Sim is so close to a promotion, oh the prom is on Friday, I should get that done, too, this house needs to be remodeled now... And then it's four hours later. And I'll STILL have one more thing I want done before stopping.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 6:27 PM
Making them write, paint, garden, alchemy, witch, and vampires? I tell myself this time will be different. I will not fall down those same career rabbitholes, and yet it never fails. I decide on just one thing and make myself stick to it. Like just writing. But then do something stupid like pick illustrious author lifetime wish which for whatever reason includes mastering the painting skill. Then I use the elixirs at the consignment shop, figuring I won't bother making them this way, except the shop never sells what I need so I cave and get the alchemy set. But find buying ingrdients is every bit the same hassle, so I grow them anyway. Then the stupid zombies mess with my garden, so I become a witch as soon as possible so I can set them on fire. As the skills start getting up there and taking longer, I realize my sim has wasted half her life on her stupid effing hobbies, so I make a vampire to extend her time until she masters everything and then facepalm when I realize the stupid game did it to me again! Cuz now I have to add stupid plasma fruit to my garden because even though vampires have the option to bite people to get their fix, EA designers in their infinite wisdom thought it would be lulzy to make vampires have a high freaking relationship, or shit all over the concept yet again, and offer cop outs in the form of plsma fruit and infinite fucking plsma juice that never has to be bought, and never runs out. And of course, the less complicated solution wins out. And then I get mad because playing vampires is still fucking stupid!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
NRR gave me too many too close sisters and broters... Resulting as effective clone factory. And as you know we're on the verge of the new Episode, so Clones are obsolete now

I've been meaning to start a legacy with only puddings as the spouses. Like, only 0-slider puddings, heir can't marry anything with the slightest variation. Just play and see how many generations it takes before the heirs themselves turn pudding.

Quote: Originally posted by McNum
I've played Sims 3 since it released and have had about... four Elders die of old age under my control. I actually haven't seen what happens if a household dies out, come to think of it. Do you get kicked out to Edit Town mode?

I've added extra rooms to the house and am still waiting for the one elder to die. IDK, that annoying hunched over look does not please me.
And yes, when the last member of your household dies, you get kicked to Edit Town where you can play an existing family or unleash new hellspawn upon SimNation

Quote: Originally posted by McNum
1. I am a serial screenshotter. The C key is my friend. The enhanced camera controls after pressing TAB my weapons of choice. The only thing keeping this down is that I have a lot of pictures already.

Me too, and there's no cure. Except I've begun taking less shots of sims in the baby and toddler stages. Improvement?

@darkannie: somehow, even the sims I want to raise completely incompetent end up with at least 5 points in Charisma, Gardening, Cooking and Handiness.
Why Charisma? So it won't take 7 in-game days to get a spouse to talk to you for more than 5 sim-minutes.
Why Gardening? Because I start up saying "I'm only going to grow ONE apple tree", but am displeased with the Normal quality.
Why Cooking? So they don't burn the damn kitchen down (one sim managed to go through four stoves on the first day, and she wasn't even Clumsy).
Why Handiness? Because the toilet breaks all the damn time. And if it's not the toilet, it's the sink.

Oh how I wish vampires could bite strangers
Field Researcher
#105 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 6:57 PM
It used to be fun in a way to have sims bumble through life. It made things interesting, gave them character. But you wind up doing the same things over and over because it's just more convenient that way.

And omg, why is it so easy to become a celebrity?! I have two sims who hardly ever leave the house and yet both are level 3 celebrities? Is moonlight falls so utterly uninteresting?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#106 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:38 PM
One sim in my current household managed to get to level 6 cooking skill by cooking only waffles and pancakes So much for keeping it simple.
I nuked the celebrity system. Ever since I played vampires when LN came out and they were constantly spammed with slanderous accusations and nasty lies from the paparazzi, it left a sour taste in my mouth. And I removed all the barriers that restricted sims from entering clubs based on their celeb level.
It's completely possible to progress in the Directing and Acting careers while not taking celebrity level into account, though it is a bit harder.
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:54 PM
Doing all my Sims Wishes.

-insert Oprah meme here-

YOU GET A CAR. YOU GET A TV. YOU GET TO PAINT.
#108 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 1:58 AM
Enter Sunset Valley with Gold Digger LTW - marry my sim off to Holly Alto within two sim days (she is soooo easy, it's criminal) move into Alto house, 'off' her parents, obtain 'heir' as soon as possible, 'off' Holly, LTW achieved! Sell Alto house - build something much nicer. Marry 'side piece' (did I forget to mention her?) and live happily ever after.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:09 AM
Most of my playtime is spent with the game paused so I can micromanage. I always try not to, but end up doing it.

I always have my sim end up with the first sim they meet that is single and they find attractive. The very first one.

All of my couples are together forever. No drama, no rough patches, no breaking up, always happily ever after.

Icon made by me!
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
... don't burn the damn kitchen down ... toilet breaks all the damn time. And if it's not the toilet, it's the sink.

That sure sounds like the shotgun shack at the east end of Water Lily!
I hope things aren't like that everywhere. We're hoping to move up, one day, somehow.
But yes, like you said -- Handiness.
Screenshots
Instructor
#111 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 10:00 AM
Dark haired sims. I just... have a compulsion!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:54 AM
I always have to use testingcheatsenabled true to keep my sims awake ALL THE TIME. And I either give them blond or ginger hair.....Because.....I don't know, most of my family is blond and ginger
#113 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
I always have to use testingcheatsenabled true to keep my sims awake ALL THE TIME. And I either give them blond or ginger hair.....Because.....I don't know, most of my family is blond and ginger

I tend to give my sims flaming red hair when I'm playing more than one sim so I can spot 'em at a distance when they're not selected. Tho' I do have a thing for gingers.

I'm in kinda a rut... I always go for science, and tend to be a sucker for cloning tiberium or supernovium, then buying the whole town.
Then I use the Social watchamacallit skill to make Best Friends and find a partner.
I go for either Alchemy or Logic skills so I can get the Invigerating elixer or Sleep potion, so I don't have to sleep at all or more than 2 hours.

Once I get them to "imortal God" level, with multiple death flowers, young again/fountain of youth. fabulous wealth, ability to change relationships at will (a combo of Potent Friend and the Relationship transmorgrifier works great), and the ability to bring back the dead, the game gets a bit... I donno... boring. So, I don't cheat execpt to make the game harder. Okay, sim ... you now have NO MONEY, live on a vacant lot, and the library has no skill books. How are you going to get to god-hood now?
Instructor
#114 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 3:56 PM
Giving makeover to the townies i just can't stand EA pudding next to my models

I need a cigarette
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I tend to give my sims flaming red hair when I'm playing more than one sim so I can spot 'em at a distance when they're not selected. Tho' I do have a thing for gingers.

I'm in kinda a rut... I always go for science, and tend to be a sucker for cloning tiberium or supernovium, then buying the whole town.
Then I use the Social watchamacallit skill to make Best Friends and find a partner.
I go for either Alchemy or Logic skills so I can get the Invigerating elixer or Sleep potion, so I don't have to sleep at all or more than 2 hours.

Once I get them to "imortal God" level, with multiple death flowers, young again/fountain of youth. fabulous wealth, ability to change relationships at will (a combo of Potent Friend and the Relationship transmorgrifier works great), and the ability to bring back the dead, the game gets a bit... I donno... boring. So, I don't cheat execpt to make the game harder. Okay, sim ... you now have NO MONEY, live on a vacant lot, and the library has no skill books. How are you going to get to god-hood now?

Gingers do stand out, don't they?
#116 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
Gingers do stand out, don't they?

I had a serious infatuation with a ginger once. :lovestruc

I didn't think she knew I had a thing for her until out of the blue she sat me down and said she's moving to Australia.

Damn woman, all you had to do was say you're not interested. No need to flee to the other side of the planet.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I had a serious infatuation with a ginger once. :lovestruc

I didn't think she knew I had a thing for her until out of the blue she sat me down and said she's moving to Australia.

Damn woman, all you had to do was say you're not interested. No need to flee to the other side of the planet.

Some people say that if you stare in to the eyes of a ginger for more than 10 seconds, you'll fall in love
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:20 PM
Every time I make a family, I always have the wife leave the husband and get a new man ;( especially when they have kids. I don't know why I do this. I just get so bored of the relationship & think it's time for something new. (I've never had sims stay together and grow old together from the first relationship xD)
Instructor
#119 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:21 PM
My sims are super generic!! I have a hard time not making conventionally attractive sims, but whenever I make sims w/ more distinctive traits I get so much more attached. It's because I always use puddings as my base, and from there I just try to make sure that none of the sliders at 0. But my sims generally end up looking nearly identical with very small differences separating them. D8
Page 5 of 5