Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
You are truly amazing thanks, out of curiosity what did CTRL+SHIFT+Y do?
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#52 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:44 PM
CTRL+SHIFT+Y will line up all the selected vertices at the same height. It is handy for what you wanted to do, you can also use it to "snap" two pieces together. CTRL+SHIFT+X will align them on the X axis, CTRL+SHIFT+Z on the Z axis.

Remember - in Milkshape CTRL+Z is your friend

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 2:21 PM Last edited by nintendo93mat : 28th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM.
Aswell as every other peice of software XD, I really don't see why they have to make a simple task so complicated

Is there anyway of geographically scaling and moving the window so it is the correct height and place, or is it an eyeball trick - OK I have manged to do the top part of the window using the bounding box tool in wings 3D now to do the bottom half.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 6:52 PM
I think I have found an easish way of UVmapping, I split the window mesh into parts that are up and across, for each up peice I remap the texture and scale it to fit the peice the appropiate side of the fully along the x axis. and all the across peices rotate the and repeat, if you understand any of that. Is there anyway of of working on actual figures in the uv map editor (dimenions, pixls etc), rather then the decimal thing
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#55 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 5:52 AM
Sorry, I did not see your reply on this.

As far as I know, you are pretty much stuck with the decimal thing, sorry about that. I know armiel uses lithunwrap for most of her UVmapping, though I would probably do what you are doing. Do you need the four tile template yet?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 12:49 PM Last edited by nintendo93mat : 1st Mar 2012 at 5:32 PM.
no worries about not seeing the reply. I don't need the template just yet, the way of UV mapping is very time consuming. Oh btw some areas of the mesh are assigned to a specific part of TS2 texture, will it be necessary to ensure this is maintained or is it irrelevent as we will be using TS3 textures?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#57 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:17 AM
Its really not going to matter - it is best to use the texture effectively of course. Bear in mind that you are going to have keep this all in scale as well, or the pattern will blur.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:02 PM
How do you keep it in scale?, Sorry if I reply late, but I'm housing a rather annoying little girl for a week , I don't know if I'll survive , Also thanks for the name change, I assume it was you.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#59 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:11 PM
Well, it all depends how you map it. You can assume that each square in the TS3 lot grid is 256px by 256px. Walls are between 3 and 4 squares high (roughly) so for a one tile window that is taking up about half of the wall I would use a texture map of approx 512px high by 256px wide. I can do that because a lot of a window is glass. It also depends on how you are constructing the window mapping.

If you are reusing the same area of the map for each tile of the window then you could probably get away with a map of 1024px by 512px - assuming you have the north mapped on one half, the south on the other. You would then have to repeat each tile of window on those pieces of map. This is when I use a uv map with checkered squares on it. That way when I preview in milkshape I can see how the squares are looking.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:04 AM
Sorry for the very very very late reply, but that's school for you, but I have finished now. Anyway I am having a few issues on UV mapping, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to move/rotate/scale the mesh on the 2D texture effectively, I'll give you more detail later after some sleep and I have refamiliarised myself with the scenario. But anyway I apologise again for the very late reply...
Page 3 of 3