Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 6:05 PM
Default Arabian
So I tried my hand at an arabian horse. I'm not sure if I got it though and I could use some help on what should be edited.

I use the HD coat from Lakeside Saddlery too which is a default replacement for horse coats just in case you wondered.
Screenshots

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 4:20 PM
Pretty horse, and the HD coat looks awesome! I can't comment on whether it's accurate or anything though, as I know nothing about horses. I wanted to comment to say it's funny how the uni mascot is in the background. It's always annoying to me how he comes whenever you move new sims in.

Kind of an aside, but I think it would be great if you downloaded an empty, nature custom world for the upload pics. It would look beautiful!
Rubric Wrangler
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 8:00 PM
Sorry I just saw this now. The shape looks good, I think you've done a nice job on the sculpt! My main concern is that the horse's colour is a bit contradictory. The main is black like a bay horse, but it does not have dark points on its lower legs. Yes, there are some chestnut horses which have unusually dark manes and tails, but I haven't personally seen any with jet black hair. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just think it would be very helpful to have at least one comparison picture if that is what you're going for.

On the other hand if you are looking to do a bay coloured horse, she does need at least a small amount of black on her legs. Maybe something like this?

The body colours maybe feel a little bit "flat" to me; there's a lot of very subtle shading on even relatively "plain" horse coats, I find especially around the belly, rump, and leg joints.

ETA: For anyone who is looking for pet feedback, feel free to tag me with @PharaohHound in your feedback post and I will get a notification about it. Occasionally I forget to check this forum if I get really busy.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr