Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:40 PM
Default Thinking of growing my hair out.
Yeah, I kind of have to.

Currently, my hair is actually 1cm long. That photo you saw of me on her in the Face to the Name thread is using a wig. I actually hate how my face looks with a bald head. I'm currently in the process of losing weight, I have my methods, all sane ones, so PLEASE...DON'T give me advice. Same can be said for hair growth as I used to use a hair growth solution that grew my hair out faster that I could see (it was like I blinked and it was longer) and I guess I need to keep at my regimen.

I better keep my regimen strict in terms of what I can do.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:11 PM
.... How are we supposed to contribute to this?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:28 PM
Just some friendly advice. Instead of posting a new thread in OT always, have you ever considered making just one thread you can use as a diary and get advice?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:07 PM
Well, a diary subforum would be a helpful addition. However, it doesn't exist.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:37 PM
B-vitamins are supposed to help for hair growth and strength. Other than that... Just let it grow? It won't exactly grow much faster no matter what you try to do, so you just need to have some patience. Well, a lot of patience, since hair grows at a rate of +/- 1 cm every month. Unless you get hair extensions at the hairdresser.

As for posting stuffeths, maybe just stick all your random thoughts and such into one topic, so there's less clutter around (just the past month you've started 18 topics in the off-topic discussion, which has to be a record). I think that was what was meant by "diary thread".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:36 AM
For those wondering about my frequent topic starting, I have been dealing with some struggles with other communities. I fear I'm spreading myself a bit thin and have been dealing with some demons. This community is the only one where I had stayed in the same community for longer than 5 years with the same username.

I have trouble staying on deviant ART under the same username for more than a year. I have spent the past 8 years under numerous usernames. Prior to my recent 1 year anniversary at dA, I was likely to flee due to harassment. The only reason I went back was because there is some art I can't find elsewhere. This past year, I recently became aggressive and proactive about curbing my hatred towards me from the trolls.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:26 PM
I guess I need to take some time to think things over.

Banned
#8 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:13 PM
Quick, new GenDisc section! IRL help, or something!

But seriousuly, do so. When I walk around school with a shaved head, I get minor harrasment from Y10s. One even called me a skinhead. There are some people you can never appease. (No discouragement/bald racism intended)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 8:30 PM
Well, the reason for growing my hair out is because I am easily mistaken for a 13 year old teenage-beginner boy.

I know I'm fat enough to make the discernment all the more difficult. My father said in his opinion that long hair on a girl makes her all the more feminine.

Problem is my natural hair curls inward when it comes to my chin, and it looks awful, like those medieval haircuts on men, which makes my situation worse.

I also miss the ways I could change it in certain ways dramatic enough: styling it with different products, bleaching it, dyeing it, curling it, crimping it, braiding it, drawing it up in a ponytail or pigtails, having someone weave beautiful flowers in tangled hair...you get the idea.

Prior to my senior year in school, I was a student staff member for children in the high school's special education unit for those severely disabled that needed care. The ID for my status will show the hair reaching halfway between my breasts and belly button.

Still, I guess what I meant about advice was not to make it into criticism. Constructive criticism is a better way to approach me.

I may need to restart my vitamin, mineral and supplement regimen with Biotin being the focus for my keratin growth. I also need Vitamin D3 in the 10,000 IU dose. I am someone who is severely deficient in the sunlight Vitamin D, due in part I burn easily and I live in Western Washington state.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:35 PM
Obviously, what we need to do is start a Social Group where people can join to make a thread about their life. The MTS Diary Club, or something. Or a PANDAQUEEN fanclub.

I know what you mean about chin-length hair. Mine has annoying curls - inwards on one side and outwards on the other - and it's too short to put in a ponytail. Headbands and hairclips usually help, though.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 3:33 AM
I heard of a crazy trick to grow hair... before going to bed, rub your scalp with olive or coconut oil (really any type of oil except the obvious, such as gasoline) and when you wake up your hair should be an inch longer. I personally don't know inches, (cm? CANADIAN'S FOREVER! WOOT WOOT! (I also hate saying woo-hoo! on sims websites because of you-know-what...)) and haven't tried it (I have braids with beads in right now and I dunno how it'll work out) but lots of people said it worked. Doesn't matter if you wash it out or not the next day.

scooby dooby don't
#12 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 3:37 AM
Well I use olive oil on a treatment on my hair on a regular basis and I can't say it grows any faster. I hate my hair - If any of you have seen the movie Dead Calm with Nicole Kidman in it, see her hair in that? That's mine, same colour and everything. Born with it.

*sob*
Inventor
#13 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 8:02 PM
Have you ever thought about making a private diary? I keep one on my computer for the days I'm having a rough time. Sometimes it's better than getting it ALL out there. I'm afraid some people would feel you are too emotionally confused, and that will put you in a vulnerable state online.. as the Internet is full of people just wanting to have a laugh. Also there are boards for these types of discussions as well, which would be much more effective for your issues.

I do not want you to feel bad, and I understand that you have several struggles in your life. But I do think that letting them out there will "scare" a lot of people. We don't have to be open about all of our thoughts. Maybe it's even better to save the discussion threads for the days you feel better? Writing in anger, confusion or sorrow barely does anything good...

As for the hair I have no good ideas for faster growth. Just treat it well, and don't use any chemicals that can make the ends split..