Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:42 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:16 AM.
Default What Bugs/glitches do you have?
SO....

After a doing a bit of research and testing, I was wondering

What kind of silly things does your game do.

So Far I have had a job bug. Where my job performance wont go up, only down.
- I have narrowed it down to mods and custom worlds.

Once sims are married, their relationship went back for friends. No woohoooing for them.
- After I re-installed my game this went back to normal.

Once my daughters game had floating hair, But that fixed when I changed the hair.

Just thought it would be interesting to find out what issues other people have been having.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
SO....

After a doing a bit of research and testing, I was wondering

What kind of silly things does your game do.

So Far I have had a job bug. Where my job performance wont go up, only down.
- I have narrowed it down to mods and custom worlds.

Once sims are married, their relationship went back for friends. No woohoooing for them.
- After I re-installed my game this went back to normal.

Once my daughters game had floating hair, But that fixed when I changed the hair.

Just thought it would be interesting to find out what issues other people have been having.

I must have been very lucky so far. Aside from occasional lag, my game pretty much behaves the way you expect it too.

The WA board doesn't work perfectly ever since I installed LN though. You might have to try using it something like 10 times in a row before an opportunity comes up. Yes, it should say "Nothing more posted today," but it doesn't always do this. This issue has yet to be fixed in the two patch levels since LN came out.

Another alternative is to use Twallan's Master Controller, which allows you to arbitrarily select what opportunity you want your sim to do. Every opportunity they "qualify" for, will show up in the list. This includes adventures, if your sim is on vacation.

I know you've spoken to me about the sim relationship problem, which seems odd (not sure what caused that), but I don't remember the job performance problem.

I have many mods installed, and none prevent job performance from increasing. In fact, when I play job performance always increases unless the sim is running late for work.

Also, I'm curious as to why you posted this in the LN forum. Do you think LN can be the cause of this? I doubt it's a custom world. I've installed half a dozen or so worlds, and haven't observed this behavior in any of them.

Another point of confusion is this. Are you hoping for help for your problem, or is this just a curiosity thread, where you're just wondering what other glitches/bugs/problems/issues others have experienced?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:43 PM
I made it clear that I was wondering about what other players have experienced . . . or did I lol.

Also, it has only happened since I got LN.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:29 AM
My only bug/glitch right now is that no matter what, no vampire will bite my Sims. Maxed out relationship, all alone in my penthouse and the option won't show.

And this isn't really a glitch or a bug, but all of the townies are producing the most fugly toddlers and children I've ever seen.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 11:30 AM
Good old fugly sims

Have you got mods/cc ect?

Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:03 PM
My Sims have a problem with aging. Some Sims in non-active households jump a whole age group. I had a Sim who was supposed to become an adult, but when I was playing another household, she aged into an elder. And my Sim children frequently age up out of turn (the youngest suddenly becoming the oldest, etc).

I really don't want to add mods to my game because I've been trying to stay CC and mod free so I guess I'm stuck with the frustration. This is the biggest problem I have besides the occasional disappearing UI when I switch households.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 9:24 PM
That actually seems real strange. Also has this been since LN??

Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 9:58 PM
I don't have any mods that should conflict with that. Only mods I really have is Dexter the Bear, teen woohoo and pregnant, same-sex pregnancy and this cheat to max out traits instantly. They never caused a problem, but it was just in the last two weeks, long after I installed all of these mods, that it started getting freaky on me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:04 PM
I was starting to think it was late night - I wish I had an answer for you spook, but I do not. And I use none of those mods.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:09 PM
It's alright. If I want a vampire, I can easily take temporarily take control of a vampire, make it bit my sim, then send it on it's way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:15 PM
I have a ton of glitches..

I have a broken family tree. When I click the family tree button it just doesn't show up. My sims age bar no longer moves and I don't think anyone else in the town is aging either. Even when I age them manually to the next stage the bar still never increases. It's frustrating because it happened to my 5 generation legacy family. The whole thing is completely messed up. I tried MasterController, Story Progression Mod, Overwatch and ErrorTrap mods to fix my issues and none of them have worked at all. I'm about to just give up. I don't have all my discs with me presently to try to re-install and I can't imagine what kind of nightmare it would be to backup and reinstall my game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:18 PM
lol do you have aging turned off in options???? most easy options are sometimes the most forgotten. do you have mods/cc Jen?

Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
lol do you have aging turned off in options???? most easy options are sometimes the most forgotten. do you have mods/cc Jen?

It's all turned on. "/ I didn't have any mods/cc until this problem started and then I tried to fix it with mods. So originally, no.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:23 PM
Oh and anybody did this start a while after installing LN?? or had it been a while. Maybe they are performance glitches - like our computers can't handle the game

Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:31 PM
My problems started happening right when I installed Outdoor Living weirdly enough.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:34 PM
Oh I don't have that, I have the strangest feeling ea just don't want us to have CC, but then I don't exactly have the brains to last a century - I just want to see how many other people are having these silly glitches.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:48 PM
I have an annoying glitch where every time i try and moonlight, my Sim will take over, but when he starts to work, he teleports a few squares away. This happens at any club on any bar, and it makes moonlighting impossible.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:08 AM
Oh never heard of that one. Good luck with figuring it out though hahaha. I suggest deleting caches and removing cc files to desk top and testing game.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:41 AM
Not a bug, per se, but as something that's been bothering me since day 1 I wanted to find out if they've ever fixed that lack of audio when men go to the bathroom? It's just awkward, that silence.. no expansions and/or patches to fix that yet?

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd May 2011 at 6:18 PM
I thought I had the no bartender bug but I just found out it was one of my mods causing it.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:03 PM
Same as clynnc19, only I don't have bouncers either. I'm a hundred percent sure its one of my mods causing it, but its not worth sorting through my mods. It's temporarily fixed when I replace the mixologist/bouncer though.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th May 2011 at 7:48 PM
My only glitch is that the children and teen are bathing with their clothes on. What is annoying is that the children in the bath or shower have adult clothes....Maybe bad cc?

Edit:

oh... I forgot one, with my first butler, after I fired her, she was there, but... invisible, she continued cooking and all the stuff... So funny to see how the food is prepared by itself...
Alchemist
#23 Old 4th May 2011 at 7:57 PM
My Sims keep dying!

:hehe, obvious insider:

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#24 Old 4th May 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadinne89
oh... I forgot one, with my first butler, after I fired her, she was there, but... invisible, she continued cooking and all the stuff... So funny to see how the food is prepared by itself...

Oh yea the butler. I had a big lot I was working on when the Butler first arrived. Firstly it couldn't find it's bed ... well It still has trouble's finding it's bed on big lots, but he find's it eventually.

In the beginning I had all those wacky strange things happening I haven't had since TS2 lol. Like butler just sitting there stuck to the chair, between floors, mmo deleted but still walking around with no body

Another problem I have is with nabourhood, if I use them over and over again it all vanishes into a big blue ocean. I save a lot when I build now.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:01 AM
I had the bartender thing too - I removed awesome mod and it seemed to fix it. And invisible butler hahaha awesome

I try saving alot anyway - because I always get code 12 (which saves as a bad file and doesn't save) So annoying when I was 'trying' to write a story.

Page 1 of 3