Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:00 AM
Default Help on SimPE and Career Making
I have read a bunch of tutorials and I still feel stuck. So I'm looking for some help with career making. I'm making my first career and I admit it's harder than I thought. I have tried reading through the beginner tutorials but all the ones I have read are a little older and without the career editor.

Here is what I have done so far in SimPE:
1. Cloned the teen elder military career with object workshop
2. edited the text in bidous career editor for my career
3. went to the object data and went to plugin view
3a. registered and gout 256 GUID
3b. Gave the career a new GUID and changed the name of the jobdata - teen elder - military to jobdata - teen - drama club

Now, this is where I am stuck and I don't know where to go from here. So here lies my problem and questions:
1. When I opened the career editor up again after the new guid, the text was military again. Idk why it did that
2. When I opened Sims 2 and went through the usual pop up custom content screen. It had Drama Club on there, but the file name still said Military somewhere on it.
3. I also read somewhere that the group, the 0xFFFFFFF thing needs to be changed and I am not sure where to do that at.
4. The hash tag generator was also mentioned in a tutorial, but I don't know if this is something I need to use in my career making.
5. I need negative wages in my teen career and the career editor does not allow it. What is another way to change the wages?

Hopefully with all this information it will be slightly easier for someone to help me. I am just lost in the career making process and I am not sure where I am at. I am sure this has been asked hundreds of times in the forum and I apologize. Let me know if you need any more information and I am happy to provide it. Once I can get through making my first career, I hope the others will come easier.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:49 PM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 29th Mar 2015 at 11:30 PM.
I've figured out my previous problems, but have a new question...

I used a cloned Military career as my template. When I went to play it on my game and test my career, it shows up on the enable custom Content List when you start the game but not on the list when I searched for the career using the InSimenator. I read on a tutorial the Res should 108 files and it that it means the career is EP compatible. Mine is 104 which means not EP compatible. I have Uni, NL and OFB. Is this the reason that my teen career is not showing up in my game? Sorry for asking such a complex question :p

UPDATE: I have changed the group ID back to 0xFFFFFFF which I guess makes it not override the other careers. Now my game crashes let me know if you would like to take a look at the career file and I will upload it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
I've figured out my previous problems, but have a new question...
UPDATE: I have changed the group ID back to 0xFFFFFFF which I guess makes it not override the other careers. Now my game crashes let me know if you would like to take a look at the career file and I will upload it.

Yes, why don't you upload it, so others can have look at it and eventually find the problem?
I downloaded tons of careers based on great ideas, but not working properly. Yet, it all can be fixed and any part of career made as you'd want it.