Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:28 PM
Default Greyed Out Pie Interaction?
Hello.

I'm currently in process of creating a small modded object.
Say that one of the interactions go like this:

Object > Color > Set Blue
Object > Color > Set Red
Object > Color > Set Yellow

Now, at any given time, the object needs to be either blue, red or yellow. It can only be one color at a time. Simply done by creating a guard BHAV "Object Is Blue Test" and similar.
However, I'd like the user to be able to see all of the possible colors at once. That is, if the object is currently colored in red, it will show "Set Blue" and "Set Yellow" as normal interactions, and "Set Red" as a greyed out interaction. Something like that is seen if you have Uni+, and the active Sim doesn't have enough Influence points - the "Influence To..." menu option is greyed out. (Another example is the Sim Blender; under Pregnancy, you have both options to both Accelerate and Decelerate a pregnancy, but one option is "blue," the other is "greyed out," as the pregnancy has only two speeds.)

How can I achieve this? Is it set through the guard BHAV, or does it have a special flag under TTAB, or something else? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 1:50 AM
I would imagine it would be the Disabled option via 0x0032: Add/Change the Action String.

If the interaction is possible, point to a BHAV node in which the option is enabled.
If the interaction is not possible, point to a BHAV node in which the option is disabled.

Looking at a random node in the "Social - Influence Sim TEST" BHAV, : [prim 0x0032] Add/Change the Action String (Add / Change Interaction string Mode,
Disabled: propagating,
[Runtime object cannot be predicted] MakeAction:0x6B (Private))

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 4:22 PM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:25 PM. Reason: removed pb links
I've ran into a few problems.

First of all, I can't seem to get this dropdown menu to work.
[pic removed]

I did find a way to set the value to "non-propagating" by changing this operand to value 02.
[pic removed]

However, just below the operands, it doesn't say "Disabled - non-propagating" or anything alike, because the dropdown menu is still disabled.

Also, I'd like to know whether I'm doing this right in the first place. This is the breakdown:
"Interaction.../Set Blue" is put under MakeActionString prim string set. I currently have no Pie Menu Functions nor Pie Menu Strings.
I leave the "Interaction - Set Blue" BHAV intact, as I work on the guard BHAV only.

The original guard BHAV is only one line long:
Code:
0x0 Expression (stack obj's attribute 0x08 == Literal 0x4) -> True=Return False, False=Return True ... (0x4 means blue)

The modified guard BHAV should, I guess, go like this:
Code:
0x0 Expression -> True=0x1, False=0x2
0x1 Add/Change the Action String ("Interaction.../Set Blue" [and is also disabled]) -> True=0x3, False=0x3
0x2 Add/Change the Action String ("Interaction.../Set Blue" [without disabled]) -> True=0x3, False=0x3
0x3 No-Op () -> True=Return True, False=Return True

Correct?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:31 AM
1) Try setting the node version to 0x01.

2) I think that looks like it may work...but it's been it's been a while. Usually I've mainly seen Add/Change Action String used with social mods (i.e. self-interactions). Trial and error is not your enemy; don't be afraid to experiment.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...