Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:13 PM
as I'd killed him, he took himself to the afterlife
(he played both animations of Grim and then of dying sim)
so the maybe the game tries to get my Grim to work, but the patch restrictions don't allow controlling him
also there's another funny thing: my Grim-ghost has the same appearance as the normal Grim Reaper, but he plays the ghosts' animations and has a tombstone in his baggage
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:06 PM
I just tried to see if Grim Reaper will respawn if removed from game (used total annihilation).
The answer is.. yes he will.
This confirms my suspision that service id: Grim Reaper is a unique one, so doing what OP have WILL mess up game (which we already kinda have confirmed ) since there still is some one using even if it's a ghost game won't respawn a new one.
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:53 PM
I wonder if they meant to make the Grim Reaper seem like Discworld's DEATH (if not around nobody can die, not someone who just grabs souls).

Anyway I wonder if you use MC to change his job to non-Grim Reaper if that will make death work. It should, a more intresting question would be what happens if you give the Grim Reaper job to a normal sim. Hmmm....
One Minute Ninja'd
#29 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lionessgirl

Anyway I wonder if you use MC to change his job to non-Grim Reaper if that will make death work. It should, a more intresting question would be what happens if you give the Grim Reaper job to a normal sim. Hmmm....

Given the way normal sims route, the dying may be waiting a really long time for your sim/reaper to show up.

Kids. Do not attempt to this at home. These experiments are being (mostly) conducted by folks with many sim years of experience in disaster management.

Remember, DON'T MESS WITH THE REAPER. This will be your brain if you kill Grimey
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lionessgirl
I wonder if they meant to make the Grim Reaper seem like Discworld's DEATH (if not around nobody can die, not someone who just grabs souls).

I was actually going to make this comparison in my last post, but I ended up choosing the TV show reference instead. Not sure why now.
Buut, I doubt it's intentional. Probably just done to stop the game spawning endless amounts of Deaths when at least one already existed.

So some Death-destroying situations generate new Deaths, and some don't?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:19 AM
but once I found the video on the YouTube Chanel, it was quite old (2009) and it showed playing Grim Reaper's sim's soul taking, as the game spawned another Grim Reaper, who finished the job of the first one (it was controlled Grim Reaper, not a NPC)
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:30 AM
^Do you believe everything you find on the internet?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:37 AM
I have tried to get Grimme to quit his job, but it seems he like it to much
While looking around in MC's & debugenabler's options i saw something which even more confirms my suspions.

Under "who am i?" it says Is special: True.
Instructor
#34 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 5:48 PM
Does any one know if you can just pull the reaper into CAS and save a version? I don't really need him to do any reaper stuff I just want his lack of genetics. I kinda want to do it my self but I don't want to mess up any of my game files.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Belzader : 26th Apr 2012 at 7:39 PM.
Yep, you can, i just tried but just to be safe backup your save-files first.
Mine used a bugged mesh though that is haunting me, i can't find out where it's comming from..
Just do not click on confirm when you have saved him.

I also found out you if you have more then one sim in family the other/s can challenge Grimmie in a chess game for the sims life
My poor sim this is the 4:th she dies, what does she not do for "science"...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:06 PM
if you backup him in CAS he'll become just a regular sim (he'll lose his special feature: Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
one sim in family the other/s can challenge Grimmie in a chess game for the sims life

how do you do THAT?
Forum Resident
#38 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:31 PM
I just paused game when he was going to take the soul and clicked on him (need pause & start a few times to get the right moment though) but i think you need to have a chess table and a sim with high enough logic & chess skill, mine is maxed on both, so ofcourse i did beat him
He wasn't very pleased
Speaking of "cheating" death i really hate that they changed how he react when your sim have a death flower, was more fun before when he got angry.. now he says thank you

@maxonick: He/she said didn't care if he was Grimmie, just wanted the sim, for his lack of genetics
Instructor
#39 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:39 PM
Belzader: Thank you good to know and She would be correct lol
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:02 PM
@PhenethyaSim: The way that I have done it in the past was to throw him into CAS, and save him from there. I did this by means of MasterController. Not sure if you could do this natively in the game, but I would assume no.
Instructor
#41 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:11 PM
@dim4sim- Thats okay I was planning on using MC anyway don't really trust EA controls as it is although I would suspect using EAs edit in CAS would let me save him can see why it wouldn't.
Page 2 of 2