Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#851 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
90% of that trailer was just the slip'n'slide.

I might buy the pack just for that I've been wanting one of those since the pools came I'm not crazy about the bird feeders but I like the birds The fact that six Sims can sit at the table is good, my Sims families are usually pretty large. The spinning things might be fun to put into a public park Lemonade, not so exciting, but I'm glad to see new clothes and hairstyles again. I can never have enough
Advertisement
Test Subject
#852 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:59 PM Last edited by torilove622 : 13th Jul 2016 at 3:00 PM. Reason: how could I forget the pulled back dreds?!
I want the windchimes and outdoor candles and dred hairstyle. So cute!
In reality, I'll probably use the water slide once, sell it back, and call it a day.
Scholar
#853 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Yikes, you weren't kidding. But it looks like there's a normal-ish looking version as well.

The return of the white picket fence is the only exciting thing I see in this.

Yeah it might help if there's some neutral colours thrown in there. But what can I say, I really don't like the size and design of it at all. Hopefully some modders can make a more neutral version without all those bits sticking out. It might be okay looking if the iron thingy on top wasn't so big, but more straight. The giant bird image at the foot is weird enough, but with the giant thing on top it looks so gauche. I dunno.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#854 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:44 AM
I just read the Twitter post about there being no round table without the umbrella. I guess it's super hard to clone an object and delete some polygons.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#855 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:50 AM
Better yet, just make the umbrellas separate objects that slot into tables like they were in TS3? (Yes I stalk TS4's development still )
Mad Poster
#856 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I just read the Twitter post about there being no round table without the umbrella. I guess it's super hard to clone an object and delete some polygons.

So hard that I'm sure a Custom Content maker will have one available within a month of this pack's release :P

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#857 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 8:08 AM
Wind Catchers, A bird feeder, wind chimes, water slide, and a large circular umbrella table, drink pitcher... we wanted Seasons EA. It's cute and welcome, but this is all seasonal content.

Okay, I was just on the official forums and someone had mentioned that what if they patched in seasons... it would explain the breaking up of all the seasonal content because more people would be exposed to seasons as it's in the base game and be inclined to buy more seasonal content (stuff packs) to expand their games.

I mean... I don't know how we couldn't have seen this from the get go, but it's brilliantly evil... Sure it's a money-grab, but it makes sense. Patch in weather, and then sell weather based content.

Want to slip and side in the summer while grandma is in the hot tub? Buy PP and Backyard Stuff!

Summer heat making you feel beat? Escape to the mountains with Outdoor Retreat!

Fall is coming and the gools are out and about. Purchase Spooky Stuff to celebrate the life of the dead while all the children scream and shout as they go out!

Winter is here, and the lack of grocery stores means harvest is scarce. Purchase Dine Out and ditch the cold, or sit on the patio staying warm and toasty with the outdoor lamp while getting a bite to eat.

Time for some spring cleaning? How about some new appliances and home reno with Cool Kitchen and Kids Room Stuff! * Also take your garden to the next level and get some romance going with Romantic Garden Stuff, and just for the heck of it, buy Luxury Party too, just because.

Okay, I'm definitely stretching, but you get the point.
Forum Resident
#858 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:02 AM
Or.... they are denying us seasons to make us purchase it all in bits and pieces. You want a snowman? F you.. pay me!

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Scholar
#859 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:58 PM
I dunno guys, I think you're giving Maxis way too much credit. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they even remotely have a plan - it all sorts of comes off as panicky and simplistic. To me it just seems the developers are creatively stifled and anything good that comes out of the team is despite them being stifled. Sometimes I wish for the olden days of Sims 2 when they had way more creative freedom. I don't think development these days are allowed that kind of freedom and all the responsibility that comes with it. Gaming companies have become too much of control freaks, and that in turn dumbs everything down and takes it through the 'least amount of resistance' filter. With the smaller resources and the added pressure on devs, it takes some kind of management genius to have the kind of foresight that you guys are suggesting in a company like maxis currently is. But time will tell. They could be biding their time and changing things since the management change.
(... ... )

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#860 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:16 PM
I don't know if they plan on patching seasons in, but I'd love that. I don't feel the need for slip-n-slides, etc to enjoy weather, so it'd end up being cheaper for me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#861 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:52 AM
Practicality? You mean like some doors and windows coming in several colors (including white), some only being partially white, and some being only white?

I swear, this game is design nightmare. <3

Top Secret Researcher
#862 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 3:04 AM
Practicality? You mean like some doors and windows coming in several colors (including white), some only being partially white, and some being only white?

I swear, this game is design nightmare. <3

I'm still baffled about bedframes and bed covers. Some seems to refer to A list of choices while the other refers to B list of choices.

Cant you have a universal list that the beds can call from?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#863 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 12:31 PM
In terms of CAST slowing down load times, I was perfectly fine with a few (or not so few) extra minutes of loading if it meant I could having a neon pink zebra striped chair with green camo pillows. Unparalled options in the base game at that expense of loading is a fair trade, compared to searching the Internet for a black door that you can't find, so you'll have to learn modding, settle for dark brown or scrap the design altogether.

Top Secret Researcher
#864 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Correction 10 bucks

5 for a stuff pack if you wait for sales - not talking about sales on Origin, lol bunch of rats. The only pack I paid full price is Outdoor Retreat because it was the first DLC and we didn't know yet anything about pricing or digital distribution worldwide. Now a lot of sites sell the packs and they happen to make discounts from time to time.

About Backyard Stuff, can't wait to get it on sale; OMG want those windchimes, the homemade lemonade pitcher and that bird feeder! :lovestruc I mean that kid's stuff is eh-why-not-could-be-fun but when I saw the backyard stuff tailer I was like Wowza! Want!
Scholar
#865 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'm still baffled about bedframes and bed covers. Some seems to refer to A list of choices while the other refers to B list of choices.

Cant you have a universal list that the beds can call from?

Omg yes so much this. It's one of those things that take some extra coding initially, but once you get it working you save SO much resources once you have it. Sims is the perfect game to code like this, seriously.
But I have a feeling they didn't really see the Sims 4 basegame as a 'base' but more 'part 1'. It's just overall a bad decision.

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#866 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 7:21 PM
There another spooky pack coming.

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/23/sims-...-packs-preview/

Test Subject
#867 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 7:51 PM
If this is true, Sims 4 is doomed.
Lab Assistant
#868 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 8:12 PM
There another spooky pack coming.

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/23/sims-...-packs-preview/

I'm hoping that means supernaturals are coming. Wouldn't be too surprised if they put that in a game pack. If it's another stuff pack based on "spooky" themes, that's....unnecessary to say the least
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#869 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 8:15 PM
Perfect Patio & Backyard Stuff says hey.

Lab Assistant
#870 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 8:52 PM
.... I head desked so hard I got a concussion.

Sigh.

I wouldn't even add spooky stuff 1 to my game if it was free. It's just way too themed. Do we really need 2 ultra themed halloween packs with stuff that doesn't fit in 99.99% of the time?
Scholar
#871 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tardisblue18
I'm hoping that means supernaturals are coming. Wouldn't be too surprised if they put that in a game pack. If it's another stuff pack based on "spooky" themes, that's....unnecessary to say the least

Last month a Brazilian fansite, Alalasims, reported finding vampire related files in the game. Hopefully, it's a game pack and not a stuff pack.

Quote:
GP04_Vamp_PaleSkinAdult
GP04_Vamp_PaleSkinChild
GP04_Vamp_GothRadioStation
GP04_Vamp_World_MoonlightShadows
Inventor
#872 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:06 PM
So another Stuff Pack focused on spookiness, is this some sort of annual thing? Besides, what's up with them not including a Supernatural in either Get Together or City Living and including one in a Stuff Pack? I don't approve of that. Supernaturals / Life States were always part of EPs and now they're not including them to use them as selling point for their Stuff Packs. Could they get more shameless?

PS: I just saw the previous post... So is it an SP or a GP?
Scholar
#873 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
PS: I just saw the previous post... So is it an SP or a GP?

No idea.

If they are going to do a vampire/spooky themed GP, then it would make sense to release it for Hallowe'en. OTOH, it would be very odd for them to have an EP and a GP coming out only a few weeks apart. Who knows what EA will do these days...I think they're just making shit up as they go along.
Mad Poster
#874 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:47 PM
I hope it's a GP and we get a new spooky world with a some spooky mansion or a castle and an old vampire/bat. And a pumpkin patch.
Icy Spicy
#875 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 9:58 PM
I will be in heaven if its a supernatural pack ...What can I say, I am spookily inclined but please don't hate me
Page 35 of 141