Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 6:42 PM
I think many of us have related stories of our very bad game behavior. Problem is, so many of us thought it was OK, thinking, "EA let us do it, so it must be fine!"

And many of us found out why that line of reasoning could be a very bad idea.

My worst behavior was in my original hood as well. I would try dozens of skintones, and if I didn't like them in-game, I'd delete the Sims with the skintones. I deleted entire families that way. I'd clone and package played lots, once I moved the Sims out. This is why I really can't trust any lots I made before 2011, and ESPECIALLY lots I made before 2008. In my opinion, every lot I made before 2011 is suspect (though at least 80% of them would probably be fine, since I started packaging lots before I played them between 2009 -2011), but every lot I made before 2008 would be a potential time bomb if I tried it. Not that I'd want any lot I made before 2011. I don't mind boxy lots ... I've written that before ... but there are moderately-boxy lots that could work fine with a little tweaking, and huge boxes with little redeeming value. My pre-2011 ones often fell in the second category, though I do miss the lots from other creators that I apparently thought I didn't need once I set them up and deleted the original packages. Oops. Another reason why I still can't find the lot with that ghost stub in my game. I'm guessing that stub was in one of the houses I deleted between 2006 - 2008.

Also, I deleted subhoods with the greatest of ease, and even played Mrs. C, and thanks to a mod, she woo-hooed like a boss with at least a half-dozen of my male sims. I was exceedingly lucky my GAME didn't explode back then; never mind my hood. Honestly. Don't mess around with Mrs. C.

Again, though, my daughter wasn't nearly as lucky. I had no idea what she did, but whatever she did, she did it with a flair for the two weeks her hood existed.

If you corrupt a hood, you have three choices:

1. Do as much damage control as you can and play the hood till it dies.
2. Throw caution to the wind, do nothing, and play the hood till it dies or
3. Restart.

There is no wrong choice, unless you did a game-breaker. Life will go on, even without your favorite hood. I ought to know. I've corrupted, deleted and restarted enough of them!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:08 PM
As for box houses - I STILL build them for my own hood. I like them because they play well and is easy to change or add rooms to if the family grows, without having to move the Sims out every time (which is a big pain in a big hood).

I am all for playing the hood until it dies - I know some players had theirs lasted even longer than mine! Also, I really played that hood - since I never, ever downloaded stuff, or had to do 50/50's or run the HCDU - or anything like that at all. I think I may have played for around 4 hours daily - and I honestly had a lot of fun, because I did not know the word "corruption" (except where politicians are concerned ) - I know there was a large number of exiting without saving or before Sim can go home from community lot (because he was stuck or something in a downtown lot, unable to leave) - I just carried on! Knowing what I know now, I am actually surprised at how long the hood lasted. I never know why it was gone and honestly suspected that somebody must have deleted it behind my back (yet there were no suspects )
Field Researcher
#28 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I saw a Youtube video a couple of months back on how to move sims from one hood to another-via the occupied house bin!
It's unfortunate we live in a world where some think 'research' means looking for an online video and going with the first thing they find. Before I was on here I had an error that meant 'neighborhood corruption' (before I knew about it), and the first search engine result that didn't require registering just to view their "answer" (no thanks) or tried to get me to download an 'absolutely free browser plugin service' (which I avoid like a restaurant that failed a health inspection) was one that merely explained deleting Sims and the lot they're on! Fortunately, I didn't follow those instructions.

I also tend to avoid Youtube "help" videos since anyone can post nearly anything. In a computer repair video they actually broke a laptop casing while removing it as another example.
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 8:01 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 17th Apr 2016 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
LOL, does he get caught cheating?

Nah, those bitches were all certifyable and needed professional help. Or at least so he believed. He was faithful to his wife, and he wasn't interested in playing around with all them sluts that threw themselves at him out of nowhere.

It's really very funny to have a sim turn his/her life around like that after such a mind-altering experience

Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
It's unfortunate we live in a world where some think 'research' means looking for an online video and going with the first thing they find.

You are absolutely right about that!

Thirty years ago, whatever game you were playing, if you didn't know what something was, you pointed your cursor at it and pressed '?' (question mark). If the object was of any significance, the in-game help-system would tell you what it was, and how you would use it. And for all other questions, you would simply press F1 and browse the Help Summary for a topic that would match your question. It is sad to note how nowadays the software developers can no longer be bothered to do that. All they offer is so-called 'online help', which means that *first of all* you must EXIT the game to get help. And that help is often so horribly poorly written that you need to go look for so-called walkthroughs in the form of videos on that U-shaped pipe.

And those videos are often made by people who fail to cut the in-game music, which overpowers their voice, so you can't make out f*ck all of what they're saying. Or they keep rambling about a lot of irrelevant humbug - repeating everything 5 or 6 times - for half an hour before they finally get to that one thing you need, which they then go over in 3 seconds flat, and never mention again. Or they are kids that couldn't even pee without help, or they are russians or hungarians or whatever who hardly speak three word of english, so anyone not of their same nationality have a hard time following...

But never mind those videos... These people at least all try to help, whereas the software developers FAIL completely. And those software developers are at fault for most people nowadays mistaking 'looking at a youtube video' for 'research'. They have created this situation.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM
I had one of the Cordials cast Tabula Rasa on Kaylynn Langarak once. It was very funny when Daniel and Don tried to approach her thereafter and she was all "I work for you, why are you hitting on me? This is not appropriate!" I figured if any poor sim deserves a fresh chance it's Kaylynn.
But the character of someone who is so desperate for love as to be seduced by those two is just too interesting.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#31 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:21 AM
title question, there are 2 safe methods (like others told)::
-exit without saving; if you have not saved after doing it.
-edit the relationships in SimPE; if you have saved.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
title question, there are 2 safe methods (like others told)::
-exit without saving; if you have not saved after doing it.
-edit the relationships in SimPE; if you have saved.

And apparently Tabula Rasa is a third safe method.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#33 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:52 AM
what is Tabula Rasa?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 3:00 AM
It was being discussed above, it's an evil witch spell that wipes a sims memory of everyone they know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#35 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 12:46 PM
Doesn't it wipe all memories period? No relationships, no memories.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:55 PM
I don't know, it's something I have never been game to use.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2