Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:30 PM
Default SimPE not working since installing UC?
I got my code redeemed in last minute. I was lucky enough to be able to realize what the entire TS2 community was talking about, since I was on vacation since 13th, residing in an apartment with no Wi-Fi whatsoever.

After a difficult install that almost drove me crazy (and I've just then realized why people hate Origin so much); the game was finally installed. I imported my CC, restarted my PC, ran the game, played a little and decided to switch to SimPE for awhile, to tweak some memories.

SimPE, however, has difficulties finding all the game's files, since there are no TSBin folders in any of the packs (including the base game) except for the Mansion & Garden's TSBin.

Marka93 opened a thread on here, where he linked to an external site which required a registration in order to see the thread's contents. However, the thread's now deleted, because of "too many disagrees." From what I was able to memorize while quickly skimming the thread before redeeming my UC code, some suggested that I should manually assign games' folders in SimPE settings, while others recommended to modify a SimPE program file.

Manually assigning the games via SimPE preferences panel didn't work; because when I run the check, it always returns a message saying that Sims2.exe is not found in "...\Double Deluxe\TSBin\Sims2.exe".

I suppose that the solution is to edit the file that I don't remember the name of. Too bad that the original thread got deleted.

Does anyone remember which file was it about? And what edits were needed to be done? I'd really like to have my SimPE (and hopefully other people's SimPEs) working again.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:37 PM
I reposted the info from Marka's deleted thread here 'cause it annoyed me as well when he/she got rid of it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...495#post4466495

It's worked for some, not for others so I suppose it's not guaranteed. From what I remember there was some talk of a "™" symbol messing things up for some people so if your original file has a ™ you might want to make sure your edit still has it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:51 PM
It sounds like you might have stuck the exe name on the end of the file path - so the game is looking for .../Double Deluxe/TSBin/Sims2.exe/Sims2.exe. SimPE's preferences should just contain ".../Double Deluxe/TSBIn" - or, actually, isn't it ".../Double Deluxe/Base/TSBin"?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:02 PM Last edited by DJ. : 31st Jul 2014 at 10:35 PM.
Not at all. In SimPE, when specifying the directories, it only offers to select an entire folder, not a file.

So, I'd have:
Base game: UC\Double Deluxe\Base
University: UC\University Life\EP1
etc.

EDIT: Slig, I'm now in a bigger problem that I was before. Currently, SimPE is facing issues locating both objects.package and the games' executables, while before I applied your method, it could still be able to locate the objects.package file.

The only method that I could currently think of is to make a dummy .txt file, name it Sims2EPx.exe and paste it in newly made TSBin directories of all the problematic packs (all of them apart from M&G), to trick SimPE into thinking that the game's there.

EDIT 2: I managed to get it work. I manually located paths to each and every EP and SP through SimPE preferences, and simply closed the preferences window. As it turns out, if you run the check, SimPE will report missing executables and remove all the lines you've entered previously. (Therefore, everything works if you don't run the check!)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 1:53 AM
Glad it's working.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Slig
Glad it's working.

Same. Especially since Quaxi is dead, and most of the SimPE developers have gone on to S3PE. Nobody has really stepped up to adopt the development of SimPE, which is a bit sad... seeing it die, like the SimPE forums are.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Quaxi is dead
Real-life dead or just left the community?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 3:18 PM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:11 PM
Why did the thread get deleted? :S
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 5:06 AM
Default SimPe fix for the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Aaroneous has come up with another fix and you don't even have to reg. at his site to download it. http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...mate-collection

Plus he has a lot more great mods that you may want to look at.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Why did the thread get deleted? :S

It was deleted because way to many disagreed with it.

Just wow, trying to post helpful links and they get a disagree, wow just wow.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:12 PM
Don't feel bad for yourself; I think people disagreed with your post because they wanted to make their SimPE work without having to register to a site that might offer a solution to their problem.

But I also think that you should've been more considerate when deciding to delete your thread; your post may have received a lot of disagrees, but a few helpful posts were posted in that thread, too.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 10:35 PM
Hi there,

even this thread is a bit older:

I made a fix for the SimPE Problem. It will provide the right pathes & fix the error Messages in System check. It is a fire & Forget solution. But you should know what you do.
If you have Problems to find your Installation Folder or cannot copy files or will not understand instructions then dont use this.

That is the reason because I did not provide it here, I wanted to do this first, but I fear that some People could bork their Installations......

So I posted it at MATY. There you can downlowd it without Registration. But do not blame me, when you set your System on fire
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SigiZ
Hi there,

even this thread is a bit older:

I made a fix for the SimPE Problem. It will provide the right pathes & fix the error Messages in System check. It is a fire & Forget solution. But you should know what you do.
If you have Problems to find your Installation Folder or cannot copy files or will not understand instructions then dont use this.

That is the reason because I did not provide it here, I wanted to do this first, but I fear that some People could bork their Installations......

So I posted it at MATY. There you can downlowd it without Registration. But do not blame me, when you set your System on fire

Lol not blaming your for setting my system on fire, but a few notes (and questions).

1. In the help file you provide with the mod, you refer twice to the ExpansionsXREG_ForSims2UC.zip but not to the DummyExeForSims2UC.zip.

The ExpansionsXREG_ForSims2UC.zip goes in
.....\Origin\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I guess this should refer to the DummyExeForSims2UC.zip?

2. The placement of these files is also a question. Origin is the installation folder of Origin, there is another folder Origin Games, where I first had to create an "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder, where I then extracted the exes.

Maybe I understood the instructions wrong, but I got the impression that under Origin installation folder, should exist "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder.

Anyhow, thanks for the fix, with the changes I mention above, I managed to open SimPE without it bothering me with incompatibility message. At least at a first glance, everything seems working
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:40 AM
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 12:12 PM Last edited by SigiZ : 17th Apr 2016 at 12:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Lol not blaming your for setting my system on fire, but a few notes (and questions).

1. In the help file you provide with the mod, you refer twice to the ExpansionsXREG_ForSims2UC.zip but not to the DummyExeForSims2UC.zip.

The ExpansionsXREG_ForSims2UC.zip goes in
.....\Origin\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I guess this should refer to the DummyExeForSims2UC.zip?

2. The placement of these files is also a question. Origin is the installation folder of Origin, there is another folder Origin Games, where I first had to create an "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder, where I then extracted the exes.

Maybe I understood the instructions wrong, but I got the impression that under Origin installation folder, should exist "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder.

Anyhow, thanks for the fix, with the changes I mention above, I managed to open SimPE without it bothering me with incompatibility message. At least at a first glance, everything seems working

Thank you, you are right. It is obviously made for People like you. :-)

Honestly speaking, I managed to make SimPE run on my PC and after finishing that I wanted to share the result.

Here is the Playgame folder meant. The main game Directory per Default (on my System) is "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection". There the file goes and are extracted with "Extract here". When you are on the right place and look in an Explorer window, you see "Apartment Life, Double Deluxe and so on"

I will fix this, thanks for Feedback.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
http://sim-strangers.tumblr.com/pos...-2-uc-simpe-fix

Thats not the same fix :-)
This I found also at first, but it lets too much handwork to do and it doesnt fix the error Messages in System check.
You are inviteted to compare the Solutions.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 2:22 PM
Oh, I believe you, Essa - I only open SimPE in case of a real emergency! I am not even sure if I used the mentioned fix to get into SimPE or not last time.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 2:28 PM
Sorry for the double post : here is the file I downloaded, actually (without registration too) : http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....9.msg172654#new