Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 1:14 PM Last edited by jannwol : 15th Apr 2016 at 12:16 PM.
Default Mod conflict detector
Hello, yeh I have a problem, again.
My sims don't age.
Age cheat is on.
I tried the mod conflict detector but have no freaking idea how it works.
what file i use, nor how to run it.
I have sims 2 ultimate edition.

I tried coppying my files, renaming them Sims 2, and then running the HCDU file.
Can anybody help me.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 2:46 PM
This should be in the help section.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:07 PM
no it is not.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:10 PM
I think maxon meant that the thread should be in the help section. Which is correct, because you're asking for help.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 4:20 PM
I can tell you how to run the mod conflict detector if you have the Ultimate Collection.

You go to the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder (it should be in your EA folder on drive C - except if you have a custom install) and make a copy of that folder
You rename the copy to Sims 2 (leave the original folder in).
Now run the HCDU - it will read the copy and tell you if you have mods conflicting.
Afterwards, you can delete the copy.

I feel as if I have already given this answer, I do not know why.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 4:35 PM Last edited by gazania : 21st Feb 2016 at 9:48 PM.
Wait ... your age cheat is ON? As in, you have "aging on"?

I do hope I don't sound like I'm insulting you here ... I certainly am not! I cannot tell you the number of times I was wondering why a cheat didn't work, only to find out I didn't enter it properly. I believe you can also turn aging on and off via the Sim Blender.

Personally, I don't bother as much with the HCDU unless I'm really stumped. I tend to do the 50/50, using a TEST copy only (NEVER your good version! Don't touch that yet! Make a copy of your game, re-name it for now, and do your weeding out on the TEST copy.) I find that often, HCDU doesn't find certain conflicts; that it's a tool I use in conjunction with the 50/50, not as a standalone guide to finding that naughty piece of CC.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 7:10 PM
Justpetro.
It doesn't read it I have done that what you said. :/
I is not Inteen, because I already deleted it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 9:59 PM
Have you tried the game vanilla?

Rename your good game. You don't have to be original. Sims2Good works just fine. I would make a backup copy, just in case, and put that outside the game. Many prefer the desktop ... it's as good a place as any for a backup. Backups are good.

Let the game crank up and do its thing. Your game is going to look pretty odd with all those vases and sofas, but at this point, we want to see what happens with the aging. Grab a Sim and fast forward. Will the Sim age now?

If so, it's a CC issue. Test your downloads on your backup, and fix the good version when you've found the file. Do NOT touch the good version until then. See ya in a while. Most of us have had a fun morning/afternoon/evening testing for glitchy CC.It's a common occurrence, I'm afraid, and yes, it can be time-consuming.

If your Sim is still not aging., this really does belong in the Help section. Do the trouble-shooting procedures on MTS first, though (the one exception being that you don't touch your good copy until you're finished). If you haven't, you will be told to do them. Might as well beat 'em to the punch.

Don't forget to delete the Groups.cache file periodically.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 11:29 AM
I'll try it gazania
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:02 PM
thanks for the helpeveryone!
I did the 50/50 tactic, and found out it was a ijAging hack or something.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jannwol
thanks for the helpeveryone!
I did the 50/50 tactic, and found out it was a ijAging hack or something.

Well, that one is meant to stop aging!
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 5:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA sERIOUSLY?!
god I am stupid XD omg!
yes a sims 2 noob!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 6:09 PM
We all make noob mistakes. I still make a couple, and I've played for almost ten years. Not quite sure what sort of reason I could give.

Glad you found the problem. There is that feeling of relief when you've located it!

Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 9:11 PM
jannwol, well done for finding the problem And mod issues are occupational hazards of experimenting with mods. We're here to help each other enjoy Sims 2 more, and sometimes we all do things that puzzle us after we've done them. (And if it helps, remember you've never done anything so stupid as to try making the Grim Reaper a university student in a dorm - that can make a Sims 2 installation explode in 60 seconds. Ask me how I know...)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 2:59 PM
Okay peoples,
The mod conflict detector still isn't working :p
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 7:17 PM
In what way is it "not working"? Is it not running at all or does it just appear to be frozen? On my computer, the HCDU can take a whole minute or two to scan my entire downloads folder and sometimes appears to be locked up or crashed (task manager shows it as "not responding". It's not really crashed - just takes some time to go through all my mods.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 10:23 PM
It always works when I use it - Your second folder should be named The Sims 2 - see if you have the space between Sims and 2 (you should delete that little tm signy thing as well).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 3:43 AM
If you do use the HCDU, you should place it inside your sims downloads folder-in its' own folder. Run it from that .exe, and it should be all right. I don't think it runs well without being inside the game. It's points to the game for the mods-so it should be in the same game folder.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 11:39 AM Last edited by jannwol : 16th Apr 2016 at 11:51 AM.
What do you mean by tm signy thing.
And I mean it isn't running

Edit: I know what you mean by TM I already renamed it to "The Sims 2"
so the tm is gone
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 11:46 AM
Can you please name the specific (?) place of the folder i should copy and rename?
I tried all Sims 2 folders on my pc that I could find.
The on in EA games, in my documents.
And then one on drive c, in my Origin Games folder.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 12:13 PM
@janwol - you should find it in C>Documents>EAGames> - there, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. In other words, it is your game folder itself.

I do not have the HCDU near my game - it is on my other partition and it finds the path, reads it and tells me if there is a possible conflict.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 12:17 PM
wellp....
I have my HCDU ind my documents with the SWsupport.dl next to it.
whilst "The Sims 2" is on my desktop.
And it still can't find the Sims 2 data path.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 5:33 PM
Will this help?

Copy the folder

[IMG]

Rename

Find HCDU, open and double click Sims2HCDU:

And it runs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 7:24 PM
Yes thank you <3 don't know why it is working now :D