Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 5:12 PM
Default i have a problem
Okay so after long time i decided to play sims 2 again and uploaded, and then modded with helps and guides of this webste. But after i opened the game, almost all of the pictures (hair/clothing/Accessories etc) in create a family is broken. I don't know why, and it seems even though pictures are broken mods work correctly. please help

p.s: sorry for my bad english, i'm not a ntive speaker
p.s.2: i don't know if this is the correct place to write this
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 5:24 PM
There's a Help section for help with technical problems. When you start a thread there, you get directed through a FAQ that helps you do a lot of basic troubleshooting and sort out better what kind of problem you're having.

It's not clear what you mean by the pictures being "broken?" Are they showing one thing in the thumbnail on the right side of the screen and a different thing on the left when selected? Are they showing up as flesh-colored clothing shapes? Are they all looking alike?

If it's only the thumbnails to the left that are messed up, and all the hair and clothing work properly, then you just need to refresh your thumbnails. You can do this to individual ones by clicking on them with the mouse while holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard. If most of them are wrong, however, you can delete the whole file - EAGames/Sims2/Thumbnails/CASthumbnails.package - and it will regenerate. This will cause a lot of lag when using CAS, buying clothes, etc., until they're all regenerated; but they should all look right once you do it.

Don't worry about your English. You conveyed your meaning; which is probably better than I'd do in your native language. Welcome aboard.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
There's a Help section for help with technical problems. When you start a thread there, you get directed through a FAQ that helps you do a lot of basic troubleshooting and sort out better what kind of problem you're having.

It's not clear what you mean by the pictures being "broken?" Are they showing one thing in the thumbnail on the right side of the screen and a different thing on the left when selected? Are they showing up as flesh-colored clothing shapes? Are they all looking alike?

If it's only the thumbnails to the left that are messed up, and all the hair and clothing work properly, then you just need to refresh your thumbnails. You can do this to individual ones by clicking on them with the mouse while holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard. If most of them are wrong, however, you can delete the whole file - EAGames/Sims2/Thumbnails/CASthumbnails.package - and it will regenerate. This will cause a lot of lag when using CAS, buying clothes, etc., until they're all regenerated; but they should all look right once you do it.

Don't worry about your English. You conveyed your meaning; which is probably better than I'd do in your native language. Welcome aboard.

Hello thanks for the quick reply.
thumbnails were broken as they didn't show right or didn't show at all. Later textures were broken too, so i deleted the game last night and reuploaded. Anyhow i discovered the root of the problem. Apparently game didn't see my nvidia graphic card and try to run integrated one. Mods were a bit too heavy o it maybe? idk. I changed it in nvidia setting and so far there is no problem.
Thank you again and have a nice day
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If it's only the thumbnails to the left that are messed up, and all the hair and clothing work properly, then you just need to refresh your thumbnails. You can do this to individual ones by clicking on them with the mouse while holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard.
Well that's something I didn't know till now. I just tried it out with 4 wrong thumbnails that were showing in CAS, and sure enough it replaced them with the right ones. Though I should point out that it's the right Hand mouse button that you have to click while holding down the CTRL key. If I hadn't read that, I'd have deleted my CASthumbnails.package file and no doubt have faced a long delay while it regenerated. So, thanks Peni for telling me something I didn't know!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.