Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 4:08 AM
Default Untitled Story
I haven't named this story yet, obviously. I wanted to call it Flightless Bird, because that song inspired me to write this, but I think there should be an original title to this story.

~X~

I watched the light leave your eyes
I watched as you died
I called for you everywhere
So I could tell you what was going to happen there
I watched you scream in pain
And take the Lord's name in vain
So I called your name
But you never came

Prologue

I called for you everywhere, knowing that you wouldn't still be here after what I'd done, what we'd done. Still, I had to find you and warn you about what I saw. I couldn't not tell you. I couldn't just let you die.

I wondered if I should save you though. After what you did, did you deserve to live? We both deserved to die. But I only saw you die.

Yet it seemed wrong to let you gag and choke and die in the most painful way possible. Die a traitor, an unforgiven man, damned! I watched you die. You, my once lover, once heart, my once only. I watched as your heart stopped beating! I watched in another life, and, more recently, in a dream.

It seems that we're stuck in Limbo, doomed to watch each other die, one then the other, like Romeo and Juliet.

Sorry it's so vague. I haven't had much time to work on it. It's about a man (modeled after Micheal James Way) and a woman (myself). Thanks for reading. Please leave some feedback. I suck at writing, need help.

His Eyes were Green. As Green as Oak Leaves in Summer.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 5:53 PM
Unrelated to my story, RIP Jimmy a.k.a The Rev, best drummer ever. The band is not whole anymore.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM
I know no one is reading this, but I feel like posting again. This is what this story is about:

Two lovers who get born again, over and over, only to watch each other die in the most painful ways possible. Then, in one life, one of them is born with The Sight, and sees the other die, determined to stop it from happening and starting the cycle again.

There are ten chapters in whole. I didn't do much editing to this, or re-writing, so it's a little choppy (Kind of like the Twilight series, ok?) Also it's very short.

Chapter One

I should probably go back and explain all of this, because it's likely that when you read this you will be someone else. Not a different soul, of course, but you won't remember this life.

It all started when you were twenty-nine and I was nineteen. (You're going to shout, "Hell, that's wrong!" because you always thought it was, I know.)

We were in love. I'm still amazed that we both found it in us to love, being the monsters that we are. But we did. We loved. We loved each other. I remember how I loved you more than anyone had ever loved, or it least I felt like that was so. I also remember you saying the same, though you had a wife and I wasn't her. That was a problem.

Why didn't we settle it like adults? I barely counted as an adult though. Even after nineteen years and so many nights spent screaming your name.

So we settled it my way. Of course my way was wrong, but I remember you saying, "I'll follow you anywhere, woman." I remember not believing you. And I remember watching you stab your wife over and over until her blue eyed gaze went blank and her thumping heart gave its last beat.

We never should have done it my way.

Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:09 PM
OMG!!
It's very good!!
Good job!!
I like it so much!!

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:26 PM
Thank you Elena Swan ^^

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:36 AM
Chapter Two

I still can't believe it myself. We were horrible and terrible before, but capable of taking the life of another human being? I didn't think we could, but I should have known. I'll still regret that for all my life and all of my lives to come.

Not that we weren't wonderful together, because we were perfect together! I still regret everything though. Even all the nights when we just sat and talked and talked until the moon fell and the sun rose and your wife pulled into the driveway. Even the days when I held you close, more like a son than a lover. The times when I just stared into your so brown eyes. I even regret those memories.

It felt so right that we would be together. It felt like I knew you since the beginning of time. That's why it was so natural to walk up and talk to you that day, in the dim lit bar as you sat sipping a stale beer and listening to country songs when we first met.

It was like I'd done it before. Practiced, like a talented musician. The first thing I saw was your eyes. That chocolate color. Well, you were looking at me so of course I had to go over and talk to you. So easy. I said, "Do I know you?" And you replied, "It would be nice if you did." We laughed, and it felt as if we had been laughing together for years. It was almost like you were my brother, and we'd grown up in the same house.

I felt so connected to you, so comfortable in your presence, like we shared an organ, maybe. Maybe a heart. Maybe that's why I always died so soon after you did.

Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:05 PM
Did you choose any title??

Congratulations for the writing!!

Without thinking about
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:37 AM
Great stuff.
Are you talking about the song "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"? I like that song.

I'm not weird I'm gifted
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th May 2010 at 8:00 PM
eeee... is this a bit similar theme to "Fallen", by Lauren Kate? O_o

Without thinking about