Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bree2kool8
when is this round over?

Tonight is When it's over and we only have 4 contestants who posted. :shrug: Well if nobody else posts tonight (ENDS @ 10PM EST), then the competition will be kind of stinky. But we'll have enough for the rounds Please, to all of the contestants who haven't posted yet, please do. Don't be discouraged. Creativity is key.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 3:20 AM
I suppose the round is over now... I want to get a moveon. I will be PMing the Judges Shortly for them to judge. NO Eliminations will be held for rounds 1 and 2 that's so it'll be fair enough for you guys. And I'll have round 2 up shortly. I am trying to still think of what I want to do for cultural wear. I probably won't have it up tonight, the problem is what to do for the bonus task. Now I was wondering if every contestant could go without a bonus task this round, because thinking of culture is hard... unless anyone has Ideas, please PM me.

EDIT: SEE Post 79 Please

Field Researcher
#78 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 6:06 PM
It´s sad that the other contestants didn´t post
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 10:38 PM
I know Nyane, sorry for the inconvenience. Hmm since the competition is so small now I suppose I shouldn't do eliminations till the finale of course, because 3 will be eliminated. I'm going to post round 2 in about a few minutes, I'm coming up with something . . .

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 12:04 AM
Default Round 2 - Cultural Wear!

Thanks to Engram for the ideas.

Task 1 - Cultural Discovery.
- You (all) and your daughter went on a family vacation.
- What did she discover? (As in what did she find out about the culture.)
- Take 1 Snapshot, at least, of your family during vacation wearing the cultural wear.
- The vacation area should be in the background.

Task 2 - Your Culture
-Where does your family come from?
-Can you go back to family lineage?
-What is your culture like?
-What kind of clothing does your culture wear?
-Take 1 snapshot, at least, of your daughter wearing her family's cultural clothes

Bonus - A fun culture!
If you had to think of a hilarious, wacky, crazy, silly culture what would you call it? What would the people wear? What would these beings do? Where would they live?

Post (ideally) 2 to 3 pictures of all of these descriptors.

---
Round 2 ENDS January 21st @ 10PM Eastern Standard Time. Extensions are not garunteed, but if bP can give us an extension after February 1st, I might be able to.

Field Researcher
#81 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 12:51 PM
When we now the results of Round 1?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 2:53 PM
I'm waiting on 1 more judge's results, I'm going to PM them again. Don't worry nobody will be eliminated at all so everyone gets to make it to finals (due to all of those who did not post ) you'll get to see the results soon.

Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 8:00 PM
Jsut sent in my scores all, good luck.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 8:32 PM
Default Round 1 Scoring
Accumulated Totals
Nyane - Yanca Goncalves - 185
Sa+Gil - Yuki Aixinjuelo - 154.5
Engram - Kylie Donavan - 180.5
Bree - Ava Marie Maselli - 189.5

--
Judges Scores
JUDGE A
Nyane with Yanca G.
Task one
The pictures were very lively and looked fun. However your sim didn't really stand out(I couldn't tell which one was her). Next time you could use one of your pics to put your sim up front and then the other could show off the fun of the slumber party as you did. Great array of PJs!
Task Two
Sim looks very cute in her red dress! Once again you could focus more on your sim and go a little less crazy with the crossing lights. Her clothing selection was very suitable!
Bonus Task
The picture was very cute and technical but from your answers the child seems more playful. Try next time to show off her playful nature.

Satgirl with Yuki A.
Task one
Good effort although your sim doesnt seem very involved in her party. The Pj's are cute but her hair is a little much for the occasion.
Task Two
I like your sims dress and this time around the hair is appropriate. I like that your sim is the main focus. I hope she doesn't steal Santa's milk and cupcakes.
Bonus Task
Nice pic but the parents seem a bit disinterested with the child. You could have made up some points by making your characters come alive with your answer to the questions but they were a little short.
* You could try experimenting with putting your graphics effects and lighting to there maximum level to try and get a clearer shot. Also if the ingame camera is a little constricting try a screen capture program. PM me if
you'd like.

Engram with Kylie D.
Task one
Kudos for having a sim with a pronouncable last name! I like the lively pj's but your sim could have been more involved with the guests at her party. She must be really neat because all her toys are put away in the midst of a slumber party. Love the ponytails!
Task Two
Your sim is a cutie in her gold dress and Im guessing they're in a tropical area because theyre's no snow outside. The pigtails are a bit inappropriate for such a formal event and she could have interacted some more with the other child. I loved that you took the time to get different shapes and wrappings to make your tree more festive.
Bonus Task
Your child sim seems to have very doting parents and this is clearly shown in your pic and in your answers. Good job!

Bree with Ava M.M
Task one
I loved all the action going on behind your sim! It seems like a really fun party. The pillow fighting, the dolls in the corner, the child jumping on the bed, all very cute! The one thing that took away from it was how provocatively your sim was dressed. She would have looked just as cute in one of the other pjs and with less formal hair.
Task Two
Gorgeous dress and, I might be reading too much into this, but I like how she sort of looks melancholy at being stuck at an adult party. She still manages to look cute and childlike which I like. I notice another child off in the back, hopefully they'll play and get a little dirty like children should.
Bonus Task
The parents answers reflect the pic- They're literally and figuratively smothering her. Its cute. She seems like a very forward child and I hope to see more of her personality later on. I would have liked to see her face though.

Judge B
Yanca Gonçalves
Comment: I adore the setting, and especially all those teddy bears in the Slumber Party photo, and colours were used well. Next time, maybe get Yanca to come closer to the camera or look into it.
Yuki Aixinjueluo
Comment: I liked your entry and the colours used! Next time, try to get Yuki to have different facial expressions.
Kylie Donovan
Comment: I love the spacious setting, and the colours used. Next time, maybe Kylie should actively do something.
Ava Marie Maselli
Comment: I love the decorations, and the Bonus parts. Next time, maybe Ava shouldn’t be in the middle so much.

Judge C
Name:Yanca Gonçalves
She's adorable, but nothing seemed to jump out in the slumber party pics. Very cute with that guy waving at her in the party picture, but int he bonus task try and have the writing more detialed and use proper grammar, and I'm not sure if it's a hack or photoshop, but she looks very pecuilar sitting on her mom's lap.
Name:Yuki Aixinjueluo
Trya nd ahve a bit more going on int he background in the slumber party picture, and make her the center of the picture. Mayhaps a facial expression would do good, but I didn't take off for that. Also if at all possible turn up your graphics settings when yout ake pictures. A very nice classical picture for the party. For the bonus task... try and ahve the psoes look natural (parents) and tone down her massive eyes.
Name:Kylie Donovan
Why would a child be making a fist and glaring at a party? Adorable background. Crop the action queue out of your pictures, and the woman in the background distracts from Kylie, especially since her dress, though very nice, is not nearly as... eye catching. I adore the photo for the bonus task, but the responses were a bit bland, try and make them a tad more original.
Name:Ava Marie Maselli
Interesting with the slumber party, vvery creative, but having her be in her underwear seems a bit forced and the feathers from the pillowfight strike me as photoshopped. I may be wrong, but just so ya know. She looks horribly depressed in the festive picture, and it makes her look not very good. Also, very few little girls would wear a dress like that. It is ncie though. I'd like to be able to see her face in the bonus task and the writing was very good.

If you want to see a raw scoring of what you got please PM me by all means

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:27 AM
thank you, judges! ava marie and i are really excited! sorry that you both found her pj's provocative and just to let judge #3 know, the feathers weren't photoshopped. they came from the pillowfight. also, just to comment on your formal wear comment: i had a lot of dresses like that at holiday parties. that was my favorite thing about being a kid. i hope i don't come off rude, just wanted to respond to your comments. thanks again!
Field Researcher
#86 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much judges!! Next time I will focus Yanca more!

I can´t do it anymore. Why?
Scholar
#87 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:55 AM
Thanks for the comments, judges!

Just to clarify, Kylie isn't glaring and making a fist at the party, but doing the "flex" action, when sims show off their muscles.

I'll try to get her a bit more involved in what's going on in the future.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 4:57 AM
I just want to say thank you to the contestants and Judges who participated in the contest. I want to reward you guys, by encouraging you all to participate fully, Judges and Contestants will be recieving my Sim Alejandro, by me. The catch is to participate throughout the whole contest. He is currently in love with Emile (she grew up into an adult, also the winner can recieve her in any life stage.)

Eyes by DragonMandy
Skintone By Rensim
Untuckable Shirt By FanseeLamb
Untuckable Pants by Migamoo (or Fansee, can't quite remember.)

Field Researcher
#89 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 11:00 AM
He is gorgeous!!! Thanks!!

Scholar
#90 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 11:11 AM
Yes, he is rather gorgeous

I'm at the moment busy trying to think up a culture for my kid to invent. I must say I'm a bit stumped. At least task 2 is easy for me - Kylie needs to be wearing togs and splashing around in the pool while her parents throw a shrimp on the barbie

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:07 PM
I didn´t understand one thing. When this Round end? January 21st or February 1st?

Scholar
#92 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:15 PM
Default Kylie Donovan - Round 2
Task 1 - Cultural Discovery

Cecilia Kylie had a great time on our vacation to Twikkii Island. She learned to Hula dance and the local greeting. She loved chatting to the locals and finding out about their culture. Her favourite food was Pineapple Surprise, where the surprise was that there was no pineapple in it.

Task 2 - Your Culture

Xavier We live in Australia, which is known for its beach culture and the value of mateship. Kylie loves swimming and hanging out at the beach so much, we had to buy a beach house just so she could spend the whole summer in or near water.

Bonus - A fun culture!

Kylie I think it would be really cool if we got to be fairies for a day, be really tiny and fly among the flowers and live in a big castle in the sky. We could have yummy fairy tea parties and meet all sorts of other fairies and find out what it's like to live in the clouds.

Scholar
#93 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyane24
I didn´t understand one thing. When this Round end? January 21st or February 1st?

January 21st. Which is why I'm posting my round 2 pics About 24 hours to go.

Field Researcher
#94 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 12:38 AM
Your pics are so cute, Engram!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:00 AM
Great entry Engram. I love Twikki Island. I've added her round 2 on the list.

Contestants, I am going to start round 3 tomorrow, but sa+gil has asked for a 3 day extension, so judging won't take place until the 24th, and hopefully the scores will be in by then.

I just got back from the hospital, I did not want to wait to go to the doctors. It seems I have a Strep throat. :sick: and a 102 degree temp (38 celsius). I'm feeling so much better. My throat still bothers me, though.

Scholar
#96 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 4:14 AM
Hope you're feeling better soon.

In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at my entry. Looking forward to Round 3 tasks.

Field Researcher
#97 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:20 PM
I hope you get better as soon as possible.
I didn´t understand. Round 2 ends today or we have more 3 days?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyane24
I hope you get better as soon as possible.
I didn´t understand. Round 2 ends today or we have more 3 days?

Thanks, I'm feeling alot better. The round ends in 3 days because two contestants asked for extensions earlier. But Round 3 Will start tonight (that is if I get around to it.) I am a giant procrastinator, it's terrible. I should start now so I get an 8 hour head start.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:32 PM
That´s great, because I have too many work and I couldn´t finish tonight.
Can you please translate the all question number 2?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 10:46 PM
Here's a rough translation, sorry if it isn't good.

Tarefa 2 - Sua cultura
- De onde sua família vem?
- Pode você ir para trás à linhagem da família?
- Que é sua cultura como?
- Que tipo da roupa sua cultura desgasta?
- Tomar 1 instantâneo, pelo menos, de sua filha que desgasta a roupa cultural da sua família

Page 4 of 7