Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 2:26 PM
Default help needed with my real carpet
hi.... i need help with my carpet....

this is cloned from the hanging farn.... i've not changed the textur, it's a test...
we all want to have carpets in the game not cloned with HC as a pattern of an existing floor...
we think about a capet what can put beyond all floors

the brainstorming idea from a friend (teko) was, to clone the farn...
other objects are not usable, sims cannot go over...

but now my problem- the carpet disappears by zooming in...
like as lamps, stairs, the original flower....

what can i do?... is there a parameter to fix the look?
( sorry, don't know how to say it right in english )
do you understand, what i mean?

anyone ideas?

it would be great, if we can resolve this problem

but, please- say it in basic english
:D

this is my HP - cu there?
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#2 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 3:48 PM
I haven't looked into this very deep, but I have an idea. The clone has a Behavior function "Init" and that makes a call to a semi-global function called "Ceiling". My guess is that this function both allows your sims to walk over the rug and causes the problem that they disappear when the camera gets too close (all items that hang from the ceiling do disappear).

This is just a guess, of course. But if this is right, I do not know how to solve it.

RG
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 8:12 PM
do you want to look at the package?

but it's a general problem, i think...
not the right object to clone it into a carpet...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  testteppich.zip (37.2 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content

this is my HP - cu there?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 10:56 PM
Hi!
For a carpet I have another idea but there are two things missing I thought I've hear from. These things are two values given in SimPE.
With the first one you can change the borders of the real object. It says how near a sim could go in a 1x1-field where the object is in. For example: is a counter on a field the sim couldn't walk in. is there only a vase the sim can go closer in the field. I mean I've read about this value and that it is changeable so you could alter the vases borders to the counters (for example) and the sim couldn't step in.
So my question is: Does anybody know about this two values and can explain to me how to change them?
The second one changes the visual borders so you could alter the "object-textures" size. In our example: Let the vase big as the counter.
The idea chriko and I have talked about was the following: We take an object like a counter and make the mesh flat (of course because it should be a carpet later). With the first value the carpet should get small borders like a point or as small as possibel and the second value determines the visual borders (as big as you want or possible).
Ciao,
Rado.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 11:18 PM
As far as I coud understand, the problem is that this carpet is actually a hanging plant. This lets the sims walk over it with no problem (I agree with Rado on this point: the "stay away zone" is null, in this case, because the plant is hanging.
But, on the other hand, being a hanging object, its "init" function states that it should disappear when zooming in (like all the hanging objects).
I've tried and replace this init BHAV with the one taken from a statue (I replaced both the Init and the Main BHAV, actually), but there is some conflict, and the object cause an error in the game. I'm not into BHAV editing, I don't know.
My first idea was to clone a statue, instead of a hanging object (the texture is not a problem: Chriko is so clever with the alpha channel...), but Rado reminded me that the sim would not be able to walk over it.
I'm sorry, I have no alternative solutions, by now. It's too far my "research field"
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 11:34 PM
I really don't know anything about modding, but I wonder if you could look at an object they do walk over when it is on the floor, like the dirty plates. Since they aren't buyable, I have no idea whether that would be workable, though.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 12:02 AM
Interesting point, gjam, though some BHAV editing would be still needed: we don't want that a sim would "clean up" the carpet and put it in the dishwasher...
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 12:16 AM
So my idea was to set this stay-away-zone to 0 or minimize as small as possible. Than the sims ignore the object or could go around this small area. Whatever the original is the interactions will stay. A side table could be ok because it's only to place other objects on it (not for having a meal for example). But chriko and I have a discussion about what will happen, if someboday will place his dishes on. Would it hang in the air?
I don't know much about modding like gjam so everything I have to say cames from theory but might be helpfull to finding ways ;-)
Rado.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 6:26 AM
using the flower tiles for the garden? its object functions can be modified, no? I tried to export them from the flowers and replace the object functions from the carpet... set the gardening to null........... i have no idea...