Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
I installed the patch without thinking, as I had automatic updates turned on and I got half way through the update when the message #404 error page not found popped up briefly on screen then the game crashed. Following that everytime I tried to load sims 3 it got to the end of the loading screen and then sent me back to desktop. Not knowing what to do I eventually reinstalled sims3 and thankfully was given the option of saving my downloads and mod content. Now it works just as it did before. However I have not updated the game and have automatic updates now turned off. Each time I get offered the update I refuse. I will now try and follow the instructions given on this thread to see if I can get the update. However as I am happily playing may I ask, is the update really worth having?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:02 PM
What if you did the stupidly bad thing and install the patch WITHOUT removing mods first? Is it possible to 'rollback' the patch and then remove mods? Or will I have to reinstall Sims 3 and mods?

Also, if I have to uninstall, how do I back-up my save games, and put them back afterwards?
#78 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
I`m considering getting Sims 3, but I`ve heard horror stories about the DRM that came with Spore, and I have never had anything but bad luck with registering my EA games. I`m wondering if it is possible to patch and/or download "official CC" withOUT registering.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#79 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:25 PM
GeneralOD: Yes you can patch - if you use the manual links. You can't, however, get official store content without registering, I believe. TS3 has extremely light DRM (only a CD check).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
#80 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Thanks, Delphy! You`re a honey-bunch! ::huggles::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mother Function
retired moderator
#81 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 30th Jun 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gohan2091
My game is still crashing to desktop with no error messages. I save often in fear it will crash again but the game will sometimes crash while saving and I have to load a backup save game.

The game is unplayable like this, the patch did nothing!

are you running vista? Because I had a problem with data/memory extensive games crashing before, especially when trying to save (saving hikes up ram usage). So I disabled desktop composition while the game was running, and I haven't had a crash since

EDIT: Is there a way to test and see if the patch installed correctly? The patch said it installed completely but my game still has that darn malfunctioning speed 3 and 4 problem.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#82 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:28 AM
I keep getting an 7% invalid error concerning the fullbuild0.package, I've bought the game and I've tried looking for the file in the CD but it's the same.. I've read that the file must be bigger than it actually is... I tried replacing the HelpPages and the bin but the error stays.. What should I do?
Mother Function
retired moderator
#83 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:46 AM
Since you really haven't gathered a lot of cc downloads (unless you bought from the store) then, I would suggest a wipe and reload of the game (make sure to back up you mods folder and saved games folder).

That's how I got the patch working for me.

Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Since you really haven't gathered a lot of cc downloads (unless you bought from the store) then, I would suggest a wipe and reload of the game (make sure to back up you mods folder and saved games folder).

That's how I got the patch working for me.

I don't have any mods.. I'll back up the saved games folder and try again thanks!
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darth_diclonius
gerbilbabies I'd like to say thanks for posting the shader file! It helped me update my game. >_> I did however find out I did make my own backup but saved it on a different hard drive. No matter, you helped me out!

Yay! Glad I could help, sorta
I realized I had a copy as well, after I went hunting for that link, lol. I'm sure it's been useful for others, though!
Test Subject
#86 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM
Hey guys

I don't have any mods and I've replaced the nude patch with the original file. I've already downloaded the patch but haven't installed it but now I'm worried. The only reason I want it is to speed up the speeds. My game has only ever crashed once or twice. I don't have serious bug issues with it other than the speeds annoying me. So do you think it's safe for me to install the patch now? I've back-upped my Sims 3 folder just in case.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:53 AM
Someone please help! How do I put my downloads like peggy sims default ts3 hair? (It is a default for the mohican thingie)
Help is much appreciated!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#88 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:11 PM
Lord- usually the patch writes over those kind of files anyway but putting the originals back in is always a good idea. I'd say it's better to patch now while you have the least amount of custom content and saved games. That way just incase something does go wrong, uninstalling and reinstalling the game won't be that much of a heartache.

22rhys- use the Sim 3 Helper Monkey, there should be a link to it at the home page.

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:31 PM
Default Thanks
Thanx it really helped
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
#90 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:43 PM
"I tried all that and it didn't work, HELP!"

*Chilling the drinks and checking the batteries in the camera* Woot!!!

(And thanks much as always)

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:58 PM
Wait!
It still wont work >
Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wtfkelsey
I'm having this exact same problem. I temporarily removed my Mods folder and deleted all my caches but the update still refuses to stop crashing! I do have the censor remove hack and I don't know if that may be interfering with the installation. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game, especially if that doesn't fix the problem.. Anyone have an idea of what we can do besides re-installing?

UPDATE: I figured out a way to fix this 'gorilla' problem. At least, this worked for me. Apparently the censor removal hack is the problem and you need to restore the old file (game\bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp).

I found this on the TS3 forums and it's what helped me get it updated:

"This was my solution that worked for me, what ever file is getting the error, go into my computer, right click on the sims 3 icon which should be the CD, click open. Locate the file that was causing the error, copy it off the CD into the same folder it's in with the installed sims 3 (Pogram files > Electronic Arts > Sims 3) and over write it. Then try the patch again."

I hoped I helped!!

YOU, are my new hero. That was exactly my problem, and now it's fixed! Blessings be upon you and your llamas.
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:26 PM Last edited by BiggusDiccus : 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Adding my information
Default debugenabler.package
Looks like this one is causing my game to crash. I've loaded the rest of mine without issue:

Ambrosia-Learn-Level-1.package
fish-buy-deathfish-store.package
ingredients-buy-lifefruit-store.package
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:04 PM
I can't believe I didn't look here first for help when my game crashed from the patch... I ended up re-installing the WHOLE game and removing EA dowload manager. But after I got awesomemod I downloaded the patch from him externally [thinking the problem was with EADM] and got the crash again. I came here this time and lo and behold... THIS HAS SOLVED ALL MY PATCH PROBLEMS... I want to cry but I'm too big for that. So, I suppose an amourous thank you will have to suffice. You guys are awesome. May the Force be with you.

♥♥Thank you for this♥♥

Force out.

There is no emotion... there is peace.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#95 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:53 PM
ZOMG COKE!! Wheee!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#96 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
daluved1 - Shew thank you, so nothing bad will happen to my game...Ok I shall go install it now and report back.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
are you running vista? Because I had a problem with data/memory extensive games crashing before, especially when trying to save (saving hikes up ram usage). So I disabled desktop composition while the game was running, and I haven't had a crash since .

The crashing is a common problem and in my crash log it says:

[Instruction data]
005c423e => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

(Google DasmX86Dll.dll and you will see)

I am running Vista and I did disable desktop composition but no help. I also ran a chkdsk to make sure and it found no errors. My game either crashes 50% of the time when I save my game or just randomly while I'm playing. This makes the game unplayable and I am really dissapointed about this.
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:33 PM
I went to my Electronic Arts\sims 3 folder both through My Programs and My Documents and I don't have a mods folder or a mods\package. folder. The only folders I have in Program Files Sims 3 are: Custom Music, Downloads, Library, Screen Shots, World Cashes, DC Backup, Exports, Recorded Videos, Thumbnails, DC Cashe, Installed Worlds and Saves + a few odd Package files. And in My Documents Sims 3 are: Cashes, Support, Game, Thumbnails, and Game Data. What am I missing? Do I need to create these files or should they already be there, and if so why don't I have them?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#99 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:57 PM
I think you have your terms mixed up. Program files are the root game files. You have those listed as mydocument folders.

Have you read the wiki article on how to download and install custom content? Also, what is your question about the patch?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 11:10 PM
Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that the patch worked perfectly fine for me. I was so happy. No crashing at all!
Locked thread
Page 4 of 25