Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:40 PM
Bones?
This may sound dumb but, What are bones?

I see alot about making sure the bones are correct. But I don't know what bones are.

Tim
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:47 PM
Well, if you're dumb for asking so was I...that was one of the first things I asked about when I started meshing for Sims 3...lol.

Bones are the joints. Joints are the things which tell the game how an object is gonna interact once you put it in-game.

Most objects, thankfully, have only a single joint and it's easy to assign the EA joint to your new mesh using Milkshape. You just bring the EA object into Milkshape, then bring in your new mesh. Delete the EA object (keep the shadow part), put your mesh in the same place on the Groups list that the EA object was, and then go to the Joints tab. Click the button that says SelUnAssigned. You'll see your mesh light up with red dots. Then click the button that says Assign. That's it...just two button clicks.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 12:34 AM
It is a bit more complicated with Cas stuff tho, i advise people to use Wes his bonetool(part of his unimesh plugins) wich is very user friendly.