Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:28 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 25th Jul 2016 at 4:29 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game crashing {SOLVED}
Sorry guys! At first I thought it was an Nraas mod that was the perpetrator but I tested and it's actually a mts mod

currently testing pls forgive lack of information in topic
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:50 AM
Edit: Ok, then... I guess this first part isn't needed.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Sims_3_Crashing is a FAQ that can help you try to determine why your game is crashing.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Any of those can cause trouble if you got the wrong patch version. Or if they are conflicting with one of your MTS mods.

Of the ones on your list, the only 2 I don't have are Tempest (I don't have Seasons) and Saver (Removed when I was having problems with saving, and forgotten to restore once it was determined that it was not the cause. I'm still not sure what the cause is, but it wasn't Saver. But now I need to redownload, and I keep getting distracted by all the shinies and forgetting what I was there for, so I don't have it anymore.)

I also have several that you don't have.
None of them are causing me trouble, but I've made sure I've got the right versions.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Sims_3_Crashing is a FAQ that can help you try to determine why your game is crashing.

Yes, you are correct. I actually went ahead and tested and this time IT IS one from MTS.. i think at least. I only get my other mods from here. I'm currently testing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:02 AM
Okay so as of right now my mts folder that supposedly is causing the crashing has Icarusallsorts bring food and drinks, cook with any ingredient, eat outside, serve meals

ShimrodsWorldeditor for flowers
Velocitygrass's addanylotsize
himawara slower eating
buzz's clean house for everyone
and Ani's Open for business stand

edit: as far as i can tell icarus has provided updates for some of his mods that I happen to have, hopefully that's the fix ; u ; OR
it could be the fact that the cook with any ingredient mod has versions that include the baker's station and the wood fire oven, I have those installed but not the oven or baker's station
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 25th Jul 2016 at 4:17 AM. Reason: "slower", not "shower" Thanks. spellcheck!
OK.

My suspicion is that slower eating might not be playing nicely with eat outside.

If you have problems with just those 2 in the game, then you'll have to get rid of one of them.
Otherwise, 8 is a wonderful number for a binary search, since it's a power of 2.

Edit: Yes, you might want to save the version of cook with all ingredients that covers the Store objects that you don't have for when you actually do get those items.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:11 AM
OK.

My suspicion is that shower eating might not be playing nicely with eat outside.

If you have problems with just those 2 in the game, then you'll have to get rid of one of them.
Otherwise, 8 is a wonderful number for a binary search, since it's a power of 2.

okay, but i do think it maybe that I have the cook with any ingredient mod along with versions for the baker's station and the wood fire oven. I haven't reinstalled the oven or the station yet.
Would this be one of those "missing resource" crashes? ;o;

EDIT:Still crashing, I'll try your suggestion
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:23 AM
So it's still crashing with removal of eat outside. I guess I'll try removing Ani's stand, just because I don't really need it
and all of the cook with any ingredient and the bring food... I'm not so anal about those anymore.

Crossing my fingers - u -

I also think I saw someone struggling with the addanylotsize but that's a must have

EDIT: IT WORKED, too bad, they were nice mods but I don't need them so much. No idea which one it was..
Site Helper
#8 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:41 AM
Edit: If it's a conflict, then the problem is with having both in there together. Pick the one you like best and test with just that one. If it works, don't put the other one in.

(And I pity anybody coming along later and reading this thread... we keep stepping on each other's new posts with our edits.)

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:57 AM
Edit: If it's a conflict, then the problem is with having both in there together. Pick the one you like best and test with just that one. If it works, don't put the other one in.

(And I pity anybody coming along later and reading this thread... we keep stepping on each other's new posts with our edits.)

Yeah, people may have trouble following. Sadly I may try again to find out the exact conflict but atm I'm trying to put all my stuff back in. I'm not sure what could be conflicting though. Nothing conflicted before but to clarify I removed Ani's OFB Stand & Icarusallsorts BringFoodandDrinks and the Cookwithanyingredient mod and its dependents (I had the wood oven and the bakers station)

removing those stopped the crashing while loading