Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 3:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default With Late Night and Supernatural Installed No Favorite Food Blood Type for Vampires
With Late Night and Supernatural Installed No Favorite Food Blood Type for Vampires

I am trying to replay Sims 3. I have all the EPs, Stuff Packs, Origin-installed. I am running no vampire-related mods. I am currently playing with Master Controller, but not Awesome Mod.

When I look at the favorite foods for the vampires in Moonlight Falls and Bridgeport, they are all human foods (like fried pBJ, frog legs, pumpkin torte) and I remember blood types and plasma fruit from my old games. Is this an Expansion feature, a patch feature or a bug? I seem to have all the other favorite foods (although I have not tested for kelp.)

If this a bug, is there a good mod to fix it? Should I reinstall?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:59 AM
If you have or are willing to add the MasterController Cheats module, you could try to set the vamps' favorite food to Type O-Positive Plasma (or something like that). Odd that it's not happening automatically, though.

NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Favorites > Favorite Food
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:22 PM
I have tested my game with and without mods. Without mods, I am able to get O-Positive for Ayden Van Gould, and any other Bridgeport Vampires that have it registered, but I do not seem to have O-Positive appear in the menu for CAS. Is this also found in your game? Sims Wiki seems to indicate that some Sims like the Van Gould children do have random human foods as their favorite food selected.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:21 AM
Not in Bridgeport but I just looked at all nine YA and older vamps in my game and they already have O-Positive for favorite food. And you're right, when I bring them into (MasterController's) CAS it changes to something else with O-Pos not an available choice. But when I leave CAS, MC tells me that their favorite is O Pos again both through filtered lists and MC > Sim > Status > Personal. So I would have to say that CAS is lying there (for me).

For teen and younger vamps, of course, this shouldn't be a viable choice.
Site Helper
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 3:16 AM
I've never seen the favorite food as blood in CAS, but it changes to blood as soon as I start playing them. I assumed it was because if the vampire ever got cured it wouldn't like blood anymore and you would probably prefer to set the new favorite food yourself instead of having your former vampire becoming addicted to cookies or something that the game selected randomly. Although that might make too much sense for EA.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:44 AM
It appears that my game is functioning as intended then. My original problem (only human foods) seems to have been a fluke caused by bad compression, which was corrected when I rebuilt the packages from single files.

My subsequent problem (random human foods for teenagers and no blood selection for CAS) seems to base game. The game correctly assigns blood types in play. I remember being able to select in Late Night, but my memory is probably faulty. Or the game has improved over patch. (Which would be great)

Thank you for your help. It's been really helpful in tracking down the problem.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 4:26 PM
Plasma was never in CAS or any other menu that allowed you to choose favourite food; it's done automatically. The same happens with mermaids and kelp. This is also probably the reason why the food choice reverts to random dishes when you take one of these types of Sim into CAS; but it should correct itself once you reload a save.