Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 6:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

World Adventures, Generations
Stopping sims in inactive households from earning (still got nraas)
After solving some confusions I originally had with Nraas mods I have grown quite fond of them and played several rotations with my neighbourhood with no new issues but I have encountered another kind of problem with my rotations:

When I'm off the household they keep gaining lots and lots of money and that sucks because it takes challenge off my game because during complete rotation they gain like 30k money even with minimal income if I don't take the money away from them manually (requires me to remember how much money they had and has couple of other problems).

Question is how do I stop them earning when I'm not there? I got ton of Nraas mods and currently no other mods installed other than one for better lights. What would you suggest I do? I tried to search for this but I have apparently either searched bad or no solutions were searched for this before. Only came up with one thread that suggested that person with whole set of Nraas mods would have complete control over every aspect of their game - but I'm unable to find how I can effect it. I have tried disabling money in my inactive household chaste and not allowing them to work but nothing seems to stop them earning.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 6:48 PM
If you have Story Progression, it's possible that sims are being pushed to collect gems, bugs, minor pets etc. and write books, paint etc.
You can disable these options in General Options \ Options: Skills.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 7:13 PM
All the skills are disabled but thank you for your suggestions. Should the disabling money and work stop them getting salary?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:06 AM
Instead of stopping your town's inactives from earning money, regardless of whether you are playing them in rotations or not, would it to suffice to tax them on their income and property values? That's what many of us do to equalize the economies in our worlds while still fostering the illusion of productivity.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options :Money > Options: Debt and Taxes > Unified Billing > (True)
(this imposes the same tax rates that your active household has on the inactives; by default, inactives do not pay bills/taxes)

NRaas > SP > Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options > Money: Property Tax Rate > (default = 1, EA Standard)
(this sets the rate for the bills based on Net Worth that sims pay at the mailbox twice weekly)

NRaas > SP > Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options > Money: Income Tax Rate > (default = 0, so none)
(this sets the rate that sims are taxed on any kind of income, at the time they are paid; it doesn't exist without SP)

(SP Money module required for all of the above)

And, for those of us who like to get fancy, we have set up different automatic castes for different income levels so that lower, middle, and upper class sims (based on Net Worth) pay different tax rates.A good starting point might be the following, different rates work out better in different worlds:

Lower Class (< 100,000) (this could be the default Town level setting)
Property Tax: 1
Income Tax: 0

Middle Class (100,000 - 300,000) (by caste)
Property Tax: 2
Income Tax: 5

Upper Class (300,001 +) (by caste)
Property Tax: 4
Income Tax: 10

But don't get too carried away or you will find that your town's sims will lose money every time they get paid instead of netting a gain and the whole world will be in debt. Of course that could never happen in the real world.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:14 AM
Can I tax them for 100% their income? They aren't getting older when they aren't played and my rotation is really huge because it's all Sunset Valley originals and their grandchildren *blushes*... so it really makes big issues if they get to keep even half... since its 1 week per family and billion weeks before i play same one again

Thank you btw, hadn't clue where taxing is located in settings.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 4:08 AM
The short answer is yes, but it's actually really difficult to figure out how much to tax them. The nearest we've been able to figure out, the income tax "rates" are levels of taxes, not actual percentages. I think someone once said they tried a rate of 35 for income tax and ended up with everyone earning negative income, so you might have to experiment a few times and see if you can get a rate (maybe around 25?) to map onto 100%.

But then they won't have anything left to pay their property taxes with, the ones that come in the mail twice a week and that inactives have to pay anyway with Unified Billing (unless you aren't making them do that).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 5:01 AM
Oh well for now I think it's easiest I continue dealing with the same as till now, by taking down how much money family had and setting them back to that amount when I play there again. I'd really have liked if there was one button solution to this but I'm not surprised there isn't. Trying to play rotational is as idea against what The Sims 3 was built for so stopping any changes from happening is complicated. Thank you for answering me!