Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backless Double Delight

by plasticbox Posted 12th Feb 2016 at 12:50 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2016 at 2:03 AM by plasticbox

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 11:21 AM
Chez moi je le voit pas dans le jeu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 9:28 PM
Brilliant!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 12:52 AM
I am getting the game crash too, with even just this in the folder. Take it out, and the game starts right up.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 12:59 AM
I've found that using several of your own mods (honestly didn't expect that) seems to prevent the game from booting up for me.

If any one of these packages were present with the backless shower/bath, my game would not boot:
  • Mega Budget Doors
  • Two-panel Doors
  • Metal+Glass Tables
  • No Dishes in bathroom sinks
  • Simple Curtains
  • Simple Symmetry Addons

I made these tests with only this mod active and one of the mods mentioned above at a time.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:00 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Mar 2016 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
I am getting the game crash too, with even just this in the folder

Can you check with the attached package please?

I cannot repro the crashing myself, but I think I have an idea what might be causing it. What I don't get is why only some people are crashing.

Can you tell me what language you have your game installed in, and what operating system + game version you're running?

(Attachment removed + moved to main upload post)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:30 AM
That seems to have fixed the crash on bootup for me. What exactly did you change?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:56 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Mar 2016 at 2:13 AM.
The test package has new STBLs (string resources) that I created from scratch in s4pe. This is what I used to do for a long time, 1. because I tend to have no idea what to write there when I'm only starting to make something, and 2. up until two versions ago s4pe did not preview STBLs that had incorrect length info, so I normally just nuked the ones that TSRW generated and created new ones from scratch when I was done (it's a bit difficult to edit something that you can't view =P).

The game itself apparently never had any problems to deal with that incorrect length info; I'm not sure whether or not this is still the case now. I also don't know whether anything changed on the TSRW side. But I looked into the STBL stuff a bit recently and while experimenting with the byte count and compression fields, we managed to produce packages that would reliably crash the game.

Unfortunately I don't remember how I created the STBL in the original upload, so I can't tell for sure if that is what caused the issues for some people .. but since this (and the other package I mentioned above) are quite recent, it's possible that those are/were from TSRW and I kept them in (since they display now for me and I didn't see a need to delete them), and also edited them afterwards, and then either s4pe couldn't correctly figure out whether or not to compress them due to the incorrect byte count, or the game as of a recent update decided that it now WILL puke (for some people) when it sees that kind of thing. Hard to tell when nobody posts their specs.

Either way, if it's now fine for you I'm going to update with the package attached above. Thanks!

BTW if that is what the issue was, I don't think it's got anything to do with *which* other CC you are using. Probably it just reads random other stuff while thinking it's still reading the STBL and then it's completely stumped when that other stuff does not make sense.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 3:55 AM
Game started right up, after replacing with this file!

game is in english
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

(I think that's what you are asking?)

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Can you check with the attached package please?

I cannot repro the crashing myself, but I think I have an idea what might be causing it. What I don't get is why only some people are crashing.

Can you tell me what language you have your game installed in, and what operating system + game version you're running?

(Attachment removed + moved to main upload post)
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 4:48 AM
I love your work - thank you! Is there any way this can be converted to Sims 3?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 11:03 AM
Feel free to convert it. I'm sure people can help you in TS3 Create if you run into any issues.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:27 AM
It took me longer than it should have to realize almost all of my CC is from you! This particular thing isn't showing up in my game.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 10:39 AM
Do you have the updated version? If not please redownload. Also, does this happen without other CC as well?

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 8:52 AM
Pbox - doesn't work in my game either, with or without other CC. It just simply does not show in the game catalog. Brilliant idea this though - i mean, what is it with EA and ugly house furnishings?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:14 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 12:53 PM
THIS IS AWESOME
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlitmagik
Pbox - doesn't work in my game either, with or without other CC. It just simply does not show in the game catalog. Brilliant idea this though - i mean, what is it with EA and ugly house furnishings?

Ah, yes, I'm having the same issue as well: the item doesn't show up in the catalog. I would really love to use this version of the bath, but, unfortunately, it doesn't work in my game. It might just be because my particular instance of the game is not patched up-to-date, but I doubt it; most CC I have installed works just fine. Love your work though, plasticbox. Papa bless. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th May 2016 at 11:54 PM
awesome, i never understood (in any of the sims series) why they add the wall :/
btw, it is not showing in my game, is there anything other than putting in the mods folders have to be done? i only have up to get to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:58 PM
Yes!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 25th May 2016 at 4:54 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:40 PM
Thank you for doing this! I wasn't a fan of the back part of this shower tub.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 6:42 PM
this is great ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 1:35 AM
Hi! I really love this bathtub, but i can't start the game, have the same issue i'm playing the game in spanish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 2:02 AM
So happy that someone thought to make this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 1:51 AM
Perfect. Thank you!
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:52 PM
This is by far my favorite tub/shower combo, and a staple in my game! Unfortunately, I've noticed that it doesn't work with the toddler patch (it doesn't seem to be recognized as a tub any longer, only a shower). If you would consider fixing it, I'd be forever in your debt!
Page 3 of 4