Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:46 PM Last edited by SleepyTabby : 24th Jul 2014 at 11:03 PM.
Default Following Cordvidophile2's Skin Tutorial, But Skins Won't Show Up in BodyShop (Fixed)
Hi all. Hope this is in the right place, since the tutorial calls for using SimPE.

I'm following this tutorial by cordvidophile2 to make my skin set. I'm just running into a snag. A few of the skins, not all of them, won't show up in BodyShop or in game. They were all built with DXT3 format, using PNG images, on their appropriate levels (10 for 512x512, 11 for 1024x1024). I have no clue why only a few of them are acting up; there's 40 files in all, and only 5 are being the troublesome ones.

I thought those files may have been corrupt or something, so I deleted them and made new ones. Same problem. They still won't show up.

Besides following that tutorial, I'm also geneticizing and townifying all the skins. It doesn't look like I did anything particularly wrong in those problem files, though.

Any help is appreciated. I can't think of more to add to this post, but if you need more information, please feel free to ask for it.

P.S.-Here's bacon for bribery.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:55 PM
By don't show up, do you mean that they're not listed in Bodyshop? Or that they are, but when you select them, your new textures don't show up? If so, what displays instead?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:03 PM
Wow, this is embarrassing. It looks like redoing them DID fix it; I just didn't recognize them for some reason. I feel pretty stupid right now.

But to be clear, by not showing up, I meant it was as if they didn't exist at all. No thumbnail, thus nothing to select.

So sorry about that. Thanks for trying to help, Nysha. Actually, you asking me to describe it made me take a double-look and realize, "Wait, those are my skins!"

Doh.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:33 PM

Leefish recently told me a story about a boss who had new employees who'd constantly ask him questions. He started telling the employees to go ask the stuffed duck on his office wall instead, and then come back to him if they still didn't know the answer. Most times, just thinking through the question led them to answer it themselves. She toldme this right after I'd asked her a modding question and then immediately answered it myself, so I guess it had some merit .

Ask a duck.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:37 PM
I gotta get me a duck. I think I also need a break from those skins, if I can't even recognize them anymore. Maybe the duck would have told me that.