Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:20 PM
Default Hello Hello
My name's Alesia. I am obviously to the site at this point in time. The reason I joined was because I had asked some questions about Sims 2 on Amazon, and people were telling me this was the place to go for Sims questions.

I'm in my 20s, and in between jobs , so I have a lot of time on my hands to play Sims. When not playing Sims, I'm hanging out with friends, watching movies(I could watch movies all day, and have done so on occasion.), or writing. I write horror, romance, and science fiction stories and screenplays, and maybe someday a story that combines all three genres. Most of the time, my sims are characters from something that I'm writing. It's great to see what they do, and sometimes it gives me good ideas to write about. I also love smiley's.

Having taken a look around the site, there is a lot that I'm going to need to learn! I'm not a nerd, techie, hacker, IT, and/or tech savvy type of person at all. So, I pray that you all have patience with me. I can guarantee that I will sound like an idiot, ask silly questions, and repeatedly ask what your abbreviations mean. Someday, when I have learned enough about the site, and tech side of Sims, I would like to participate in the contests. They look like a lot of fun!

Lastly, I want to add that my avatar is a Sim I made to resemble myself.
Thank you for reading!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:44 PM
Hello hello Alesia and your pretty avatar!
Quote: Originally posted by AJV2688
Most of the time, my sims are characters from something that I'm writing. It's great to see what they do, and sometimes it gives me good ideas to write about.
Yes, this!

Suul-suul,
Ronnie.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:28 PM
Hi! Thanks.

Hey, I see you're a member of a group. What are groups? Where do you find that on the site?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 10:09 PM
"Groups" turn out to be the same as "Social Groups" under "General Discussion". However, that's close to the limit of my knowledge. I can find →this page ← showing all the current threads in all social groups, but I don't know where there is a list showing which groups actually exist (vs. having currently-active threads.) I can also tell you that in my own experience, "You must join a group to discuss" is merely a guideline, not actually enforced in the software. Sorry I can't be of more help. At any rate, you can see whether there's anything going on over there that you'd like in on, and if so, someone who's already at it can probably answer your questions from that point.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AJV2688
Where do you find [groups] on the site?

You'll find the link at the very bottom of this page. This is the Social Groups Home page.

Discussion > Other Social Activities > Social Groups Home > click here to view all public groups
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:56 PM
Thanks a lot, guys.

I also have a new Sims 2 question I've got to look up the answer to today.

How is everyone else's game? Good? Do you always run into problems too? :p
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:20 PM
Hi! It's nice to meet you. Super new here, too, in fact I've never joined a forum before like, ever! Totally feel you on the whole in between jobs thing, my life is like a constant vacation right now, and if it wasn't for TS I'd be going crazy.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:38 PM
Hey! Welcome to MTS! Social groups are basically for meeting people with your same interests other than the sims or related to them I hope you have a nice stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:35 PM
Hey there Alesia, welcome to Mod The Sims. I hope you enjoy your stay

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam