Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 11:21 AM
Is possible to convert TS2 items (.packages) to TS3?
Hey everyone

Last time ago, i have asked myself if it is possible to convert items (.packages) about Sims 2 to the new serie: The Sims 3 !

This is because i have searching for sims 3 items to download, and i saw very items for sims 2 (of course) beautifuls and i said: "I want this one!"

But .. is only for sims 2, or not?

So.. my really question is: Is possible, with any mod or something like that, to convert sims 2 items to Sims 3?

Thanks very much , i think, maybe, there will be other person with have the same question like me!

ps - sorry my english. i'm portuguese
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 11:26 AM
It's possible to convert the content but there's not any auto-conversion available (or likely ever to be available). You'd have to basically know how to make TS3 stuff (objects, hair, whatever you want to convert) and export the corresponding TS2 resources, modify them, and make them as new TS3 stuffs.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 11:48 AM Last edited by chantalwapa : 13th Feb 2010 at 8:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It's possible to convert the content but there's not any auto-conversion available (or likely ever to be available). You'd have to basically know how to make TS3 stuff (objects, hair, whatever you want to convert) and export the corresponding TS2 resources, modify them, and make them as new TS3 stuffs.

Ohh
Thanks for you help! I'm sure that it will be very useful and helpful! But.. how can I do it??? :S
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 1:03 AM
boost i want to know 2 cause im a big naruto fan and want to make neji ive found his eyes but cant use them cause there sims 2 help

sigh
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 1:16 AM
Well, the answer is the same as it was when this thread was posted. There's no way to do this automatically; what you can do is learn to make TS3 stuff, and then use the textures (or whatever else) from the TS2 content to make your own TS3 version. We have tutorials on making TS3 custom eyes under Create -> Tutorials -> CAS.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 1:12 AM
Scrachatron, most likely you'll have to do what I'm doing now, and make them yourself. Actually, I think I've seen some people have made some eyes inspired by Naruto: make a WCIF thread for it. Or, if you want to make it yourself, search the tutorial forums. A quick one produced this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...hlight=contacts