Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 1:00 AM
Default Replacing the teen face
Hmm mostly an info gathering thread. So what I would like to do is replace the teen face with the adult one (cause teens look like puffy fish-lip people). This could range from a relatively simple task to an extremely tedious one. I've read through Cmar's tutorial several times and I've gotten a grasp of how geom-sliders work but still not quite sure where to begin with my project. Replacing the tffaceLod0_2 (or something like that) with the affaceLod0_2 (or something like that ) resulted in an invisible face like you can see below. I know that there's a LOT more to edit then that (Lods, Fat, fit, thin, all sliders I think) but I don't quite understand how replacing the base face turned it invisible. (I'm aware that everything will probably need editing at the neck, I'll deal with that later)
Screenshots

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 4:35 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 15th Feb 2011 at 4:51 AM.
I think the reason its invisible is because you forgot to copy the meshcomments?
another thing is that the vertID's between both are slightly diffrent.

I have seen both meshes in MS but there is not much diffrence between the two tho.

Unfortunate both meshes aren't identical so swappin the vertID data aint possible(tried it)
Had a quick test by resizing one half of the teenface to adult but you hardly see a difference ingame

You better create a slider that scale s the head(wanted to do that myself but Delphy's stuff doesn't work on windows 7(64bit)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 12:51 PM
I'm also confused as to why the face would turn invisible when replaced - if all you did was do a default replacement by making a copy of the adult mesh and giving it the TGI of the teen mesh, you might get some distortion but it should be visible.

The teen and adult meshes really aren't very different - IMO most of the difference may be in the game's 'hidden' morph that automatically applies a bunch of changes to teens. (Blend file is 0358b08a:00000000:b501bd650718b2ad bodyteen, bone morph slot adjusts is 0355e0a6:00000001:000000000036d74d modifierBodyTeen) You might be able to modify those bone adjustments and do a default replacement of that.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 8:45 PM
I thought about the comments, I tried it two times, the first time I didn't touch the comments but the the second attempt I tried changing them and ended up with the same result. What do you mean by making a slider to scale the head? Like a slider to morph the teen head to the adult one or something different?

I think there has to be more to it then the secret morph, the 2 big problems with teens are their fishlips and their gigantic cheeks which are very pronounced on the mesh.

Hi I'm Paul!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:14 AM
In that case maybe your best bet is to modify the teen base meshes to reduce the cheeks and lips. If you try to use the adult one you'll have to make the number of vertices and the vertex IDs identical to the teen meshes or some of the facial sliders won't work right. Just from a quick look, the teen female mesh has 4 more vertices and one more bone than the adult female.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:56 AM
Can you put up a screenshot of wat it is that you dont like?
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 2:06 PM
Sorry for the wait I've been away
Screenshots

Hi I'm Paul!